Cab upgrade, buttons, plunger, well needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Thanks to @stvpin and @mlager8, i now have a properly working kl25z, a linear potentiometer for my plunger and i added some new buttons.

The kl25z was a chore but all done now.  Matt sent me some instructions on how to do the plunger.  I couldnt find it at marco specialties anymore so i found one on ebay.

Untitled2

Then i didnt have a bracket to mount it to and a plunger that would grab the slide so i modified mine by running a die over the end of mine to make some threads.  I used a couple washers and a nut and it works great.

IMG_5549

Then i had to address my regular clicky arcade buttons for flippers.  They were horrible but i didnt have room for leaf setups for flippers and magnasave and they were quite expensive too.  I found some lit buttons on ebay, really cheap, they dont click and they feel exactly the same as a gottlieb system 1 flipper button.  not quite as stiff as my hardbody ones though.  They take 5v to illuminate them and they are very responsive.  They are convex instead of concave but i can live with that.

Untitled

61402649363__ECCCC5E5-3861-4457-A0FB-479DF39B0F41

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

I use those same buttons for almost all my functions and took to them with no problem.  I did switch out to leafs and real pin buttons for the flippers and that’s a must.  You look to have room for these leafs…but I sense you knew about these already.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Pic…20200619_234104

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

interesting to see how everyones cabs look inside.  all i know is that it was more fun building it 2 years ago than rebuilding it.  very frustrating…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?