Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

I tried the default 3 screen setup and the 2 screen setup, did not seem to move it much.  If that is the only issue it could be I will get it figured out. :good:

Laylow
      Participant
        @pinlow
        MemberContributor

I have the same issue, I can’t move it to the third screen, it just disappears, but oh boy, what a joy to play! Best vpx for me!  :yahoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ww_L0nV0g

Ah

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

In directions in pdf you need to edit the file and move location X,Y for your setup the Dmd won’t just move its placement is in config file you edit you must tell it where you want it to be

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

my settings puts it smack in middle of backglass speaker panel. wish it supported pin2dmd though

Color Display Pixel Size: 6, Color Display X Offset: 2180, Color Display Y Offset: 827

for IOS and Android

ninuzzu
            Participant
              @ninuzzu
              vipMember

laylow, I watched the video and it seems you didn’t read the tutorial.

You are using the old core.vbs, if you are using VP10.1 there’s no need to copy the vbs I provided with the table.

I see it during the skillshot: the dmd should cycle the reels. This is not happening because you are using an old version of the core.vbs: with this version, almost nothing will work in p-roc.

Please redownload the table  (if you are using VP10.0) or use latest VP10.1 scripts.

Just for info, the correct core.vbs was last modified 7 June 2016 and it’s version 3.50

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores
                MemberModerator

UPDATE:  I’ve managed to find the magic numbers to reposition the DMD for my 1360×768 backglass monitor. :)

I’m currently learning the Backglass Editor, so that I can replace the existing DMD area with a new one that suits the size of the new DMD….. so it’s still bit of a work in progress, but I have noticed the following…

1: A static skillshot even though I have updated the .vbs files and ensured that they are in the scripts folder only.

2: A silent multiball with the exception of a few mechanical sounds. (sorry I cant think of the name it gave the multiball at the moment. I better play it again and write it down this time)

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

try this core file in scripts folder.

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                  Chapel
                  Participant
                    @chapel78

Got the p-roc installed and table plays great but for some reason no sound; if i play without p-roc enabled, the sound is exactly how it should. When I up the sound to 10 in p-roc, still no sound. Curious if I missed something somewhere to adjust the volume using P-ROC (upped it to 10 in the audio settings in the operator menu) or a setting that I need to change in the user config file. I see all the files in the folders for music, quotes, etc in the ccc folder in p-roc. Thanks for the installer and awesome table. And as always thanks for the help crew.

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

try this core file in scripts folder.

Cheers that worked! ;)

It’s strange though…. If I copied and pasted it to the folder and allowed it to “replace” the file, it didn’t work and the properties would still show it as a Dec 2015 version.

I had to delete the previous version first and then paste.  ??????

I’ll put that down to a Windoze10 thing. ;)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Yay!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Chapel
                        Participant
                          @chapel78

Figured out the sound issue. Went into the sounds folder in the proc folder for ccc and clicked on the first sound file. Evidently, I have never used windows media player previously so I had to choose the recommended or custom settings. Once I did, it played the sound. Went back to load the table and now the sound is playing perfectly. Everything is all good now and loving the table. :yahoo:

RustyCardores
                            @rustycardores
                            MemberModerator

Ok all sorted now, thanks for your help guys…. and to Tom and Ninuzzu – YOU GUYS ROCK!  :good:

EDIT: Just played about a dozen games and had no issues with the silent multiball I reported earlier. I think it too may have been associated with Win10 not truly replacing the .vbs files unless the originals were deleted first.

A few points to mention though…

* Gold Mine Multiball during Drunk Mode is a real hoot! lol
                            * I love the fact that the bumpers play both a mechanical sound and audio sound at the same time. These are split in my cab to a tactile feedback speaker and the regular speakers. The result is that they sound AND feel awesome! (This is something I have been trying to figure out how to do for a little while)
                            * Poor poor Polly :( …her blood and guts and dripping off my cab onto the floor. I’ve not managed to save her once. lol

Attachments:
                            CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

I have a little script for generating media for PinballX in this post:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17613-cactus-canyon-continued-p-roc-pbx-launcher-and-media-generator/

RustyCardores
                                @rustycardores
                                MemberModerator

I have a little script for generating media for PinballX in this post: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17613-cactus-canyon-continued-p-roc-pbx-launcher-and-media-generator/

“Because the table requires the old VBS scripts then there has to be a separate VPX installation”   ??????

ninuzzu
                                Participant
                                  @ninuzzu
                                  vipMember

Yeah this was the previous version (quickly made by Dozer ;) ), now, with official VP10.1, there’s no need to create a separate installation.

You can launch the table from any folder in the C: drive (the drive where python is installed)

RustyCardores
                                    @rustycardores
                                    MemberModerator

Egad! I’m enjoying this table.  :)

I did manage to get Marshall Multiball again and it was still just a few mechanical sounds only… Is that how it’s meant to be, or is it a bug?

grunger
                                    Participant
                                      @grunger

Just checking I’m right about this:

You cannot resize the DMD other than changing the dot size right? You can’t tell it how big to draw the DMD?
                                      I can position it so it’s on my DMD screen and that’s all good, but it overhangs the edges and doesn’t fill the vertical height (it could do to be 30% narrower and 30% taller on my setup) But this simply may not be possible!
                                      Is my only option to reduce the dot size until it’s all on the single screen and accept its never going to fill the screen fully? In which case I’ll stop looking for a non-existent option and go back to attempting to stop Polly being splatted by a train!

RustyCardores
                                        @rustycardores
                                        MemberModerator

In which case I’ll stop looking for a non-existent option and go back to attempting to stop Polly being splatted by a train!

LOL!!  I have a bucket under my cab now to catch the blood. ;)

toxie
                                        Participant
                                          @toxie
                                          VP DEVMember

I have a little script for generating media for PinballX in this post: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17613-cactus-canyon-continued-p-roc-pbx-launcher-and-media-generator/

“Because the table requires the old VBS scripts then there has to be a separate VPX installation” ??????

The old core.vbs scripts mentioned there included some manual patches by destruk for some misbehavior of PROC.

I ported and extended these to the new core scripts that now ship officially with VP10.1.

Laylow
                                          Participant
                                            @pinlow
                                            MemberContributor

laylow, I watched the video and it seems you didn’t read the tutorial. You are using the old core.vbs, if you are using VP10.1 there’s no need to copy the vbs I provided with the table. I see it during the skillshot: the dmd should cycle the reels. This is not happening because you are using an old version of the core.vbs: with this version, almost nothing will work in p-roc. Please redownload the table (if you are using VP10.0) or use latest VP10.1 scripts. Just for info, the correct core.vbs was last modified 7 June 2016 and it’s version 3.50

I am using VP 10.1 and the latest scripts? I will try again, thx for the info. Edit: I unpacked your latest winrar and the included core.vbs date = 09/12/2015. That’s were it went wrong I think

Ah

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?