Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
      @carnypriest

Where is the Proc skeleton table to download? Also after the error the table runs but the dmd does not show. I am running a pin2dmd. Is there anything I need to do to config that?

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32197

When I was installing P-Roc early this year I used something like this process, so I don’t know if Ninuzzu’s installer includes all of the dependent code to run the Skeleton table. Don’t hold me responsible if you work through this and screw up your current install. The table itself is pretty much a working demo to show off some features but it is cool to see a different implementation of P-Roc.

Chaz
      Participant
        @tophat

I just downloaded this table & it looks fantastic. However I have no DMD display in DT mode. It does display when playing in FS mode on a single monitor. If I hit the “Windows” key on the keyboard the DMD does not show up at the bottom of the screen like DMDs normally show up. When looking at the table script > backdrop in DT view it shows up in the upper left corner as a solid black rectangle, just like it does when looking at the script in FS view. What setting am I overlooking?

Chaz
        Participant
          @tophat

I think I fixed the problem after trying a few things.

I Commented out Line 124    If PROC = 0 Then .Hidden = Desktopmode

Since I’m not using PROC (not sure how that works), line 124 appears to hide the DMD in DT mode. So I eliminated the statement.

ninuzzu
          Participant
            @ninuzzu
            vipMember

This is not the real fix, because you have a probem with the VP installation.

Removing that line will disable one of the new vpx features and use the old style dmd.

If you are not seeing the DMD in desktop mode, with P-ROC disabled, you probably have a problem with the scripts.

I can’t stop saying the Vp installer is bugged: it forces to load the scripts from the tables folder, not good at all.

bent98
            Participant
              @bent98

ninuzzu, did you have a chance to look at my files i posted in dropbox?

ninuzzu
              Participant
                @ninuzzu
                vipMember

I’m doing some test right now with your dlls…

Have you first uninstalled all the packages before installing the one I posted?

If the problem persists I’ll post an exe to get rid of that , though I don’t know if it works in HyperPin.

Chaz
                Participant
                  @tophat

ninuzzu –

Thank you for the reply.

I never disabled PROC, I’m just not using it. Is there a difference or is there an option to disable it?

Speaking of scripts, there were 3 of them in the .rar file.
                  Controller.vbs, core.vbs, and WPC.vbs

I already have those 3 in the Scripts folder & they happen to have the same dates as the CC ones that I just downloaded. I just now tried putting the new ones in the Tables folder but it made no difference. I don’t know how the .vbs scripts work, but there is no “cc.vbs” script anywhere if that means anything.

When the table script is back in its original form, playing in FS mode on a single monitor the DMD does look different & has what appears to be new VPX features.

What script(s) would affect hiding the DMD in DT mode?

FWIW I am using VPX 10.1.0

ninuzzu
                  Participant
                    @ninuzzu
                    vipMember

You don’t need those 3 vbs if you use VP10.1

If you install P-ROC and enable it in the script , you will be able to play Cactus Canyon Continued, a totally new game.

This table is 2 in 1 :)

There is an installer here and a tutorial that will help you through the installation.

Now, speaking about your problem, try to copy the scripts from your Scripts folder to the tables folder. If you see the DMD you have the issue I described.

Scripts must stay in the scripts folder. I have not installed VPX, I simply extracted it to a directory of my choice and I don’t have this issue with the DMD.

Another thing: inside the Visual Pinball folder there is a User folder: open the controller.txt and try to set Forcedisabledb2s = 1

@bent this is the exe I was using to get rid of it in PBX. This must be launched before the table

https://mega.nz/#!E11CQTKQ!Sy3gnXYAwbT2eoUxzEzL6sPDC1txkK67t_RTd8kFuew

Chaz
                    Participant
                      @tophat

ninuzzu –

Putting all the scripts into the Tables folder did not make any difference.

Setting Forcedisabledb2s = 1 is what worked.
                      But is that going to cause a problem when I do connect a second monitor & use a backglass?

I’ll read up on installing P-ROC.

But I’m still curious why the DMD does not display in DT mode (unless I change Forcedisabledb2s = 1).

Does the table script somehow change when the “Test DT” box is checked in the Backdrop options?

bent98
                      Participant
                        @bent98

I’m doing some test right now with your dlls… Have you first uninstalled all the packages before installing the one I posted? If the problem persists I’ll post an exe to get rid of that , though I don’t know if it works in HyperPin.

Yes i uninstalled all packages, rebooted, reinstalled using your  installer. Very frustrating,.

ninuzzu
                        Participant
                          @ninuzzu
                          vipMember

@chaz If the problem is solved you can set Forcedisabledb2s = 0 and see now if you see the DMD.

If the problem is solved or if you are using a second monitor for the backglass , you need to change it back to zero.

@bent88 have you tested the exe I posted?

Chaz
                          Participant
                            @tophat

ninuzzu –

I was playing around some more & with line 124 Commented out the DT DMD looks basically like it does when I set Forcedisabledb2s = 1.

I kept line 124 Commented out and also set Forcedisabledb2s = 1.
                            This gave me two DMD displays on the DT.
                            One is larger & lighter in color, which is the one I get when Forcedisabledb2s = 1.

While I can fix the problem, it means I have to go into the User folder or Table script whenever I switch between DT and FS. Since the enhanced DMD does display when using a single monitor in FS mode, why can’t the table script be changed to simply ignore whatever gets changed when switching to DT mode?

bent98
                            Participant
                              @bent98

The exe ahk works but that really is just a way to auto clear the error message. I really would like to elimate the error all together.

ninuzzu
                              Participant
                                @ninuzzu
                                vipMember

@Chaz

Let me explain:  VPX uses a new, bright, warm DMD and this is only for desktop mode (the big black square you see in the backdrop option). The cons to this is that you can’t move it on another window.

So I used this DMD (I always use it in my tables) only for desktop mode, because it’s so much better than the old one; when you switch to full screen the table will use the old dmd.

.Hidden = Desktopmode

This means “Hide the old DMD when in desktop mode”

If you remove this line, you will see 2 dmd windows when in DT.

Not sure what you want to achieve, but, if you load the original script now you should be able to see the DMD with no change to the table script.

@bent98
                                I agree , this is a workaround, but it wont’ fix the issue. I remember I fixed it when I deleteted the msvcr90.dll from c:\p-roc-\cmake\bin

I tried it also on a clean /reformatted machine, reinstalled Win7 x64 Ultimate, installed the VBCRedist_x86_x64.exe (the one I linked), then installed P-ROC and everything works, no VB errors. Btw I checked the dlls you provided and I have no issues with your files.

Chaz
                                Participant
                                  @tophat

Ninuzzu –

I do not get the “new, bright, warm DMD” in DT mode. I do not get any DMD in DT mode, unless I change something.

I’m using Cactus-Canyon-VPX-NZ-TT-1.1.vpx & just downloaded a fresh copy & there is still no DMD in DT mode.

If the only change is to Comment out the line with “.Hidden = Desktopmode” then I get the old, darker DMD.

If the only change is to set Forcedisabledb2s = 1 then I get the new, bright, warm DMD. However as you mentioned, this has to be changed back to “0” when I use 2 monitors.

I only see 2 DMD windows in DT mode if I make both of the above changes.

I don’t have that many VPX tables but they all show the old, dark DMD in DT mode, including Medieval Madness VPX Remake – Tom Tower & Ninuzzu rev2.3. If I set Forcedisabledb2s = 1, then MM shows 2 DMDs, the new & the old.
                                  It never shows just the new, bright, warm DMD. How do I get it to display that?

IOW leaving Forcedisabledb2s = 1 will not work even if I just use DT mode. It helps with CC but messes up MM.

If VPX uses the new, bright, warm DMD in DT mode, something is preventing it from displaying. When I upgraded from VPX 10.0 to 10.1 all I did was extract the files & put them in the VP folder, similar to what you did. And I tried the scripts in the Scripts folded & the Tables folder but it made no difference.

Maybe the fact that MM is not displaying the new, bright DMD means something.

Any thoughts & suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Clyde Drexler
                                  Participant
                                    @clydedrexler

Everything works perfect! Thanks for make so great table!

Salute from Chile

bent98
                                    Participant
                                      @bent98

Man, I’m so pissed I am getting that error. I didn’t see that file you mentioned that you removed from the cmake/bin

RustyCardores
                                        @rustycardores
                                        MemberModerator

I’ve had this table running for quite some time and it has always played brilliantly, but now I have lost button function.

The table still loads and lights, but I get no response from coin/start etc, but all other tables still play fine.

I don’t even know where to begin investigating a P-ROC :(

PS… no scripts have been changed or anything like that.  I did have screen issues with an nvidea driver, but I I fail to see how that would be connected (but then, I am blind anyway)

Appreciate any pointers given.  Cheers Rusty

EDIT:  Perhaps it could be associated with my recent display issue?  The table plays fine when played directly within VPX, but the problem persists when opening from PBX.  With this P-ROC version my playfield is last to load and it’s a few seconds behind the DMD if that makes any difference.

I also noted that if I ALT-TAB to the playfield (or just mouse click it) the buttons then work.

Colour me confused yet again. :(

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Mine was working fine. It now ball gets stuck in mine every time

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

Hey Rusty… PBX recently added that feature to bring the VPX table to the front (kind of like an alt-tab) so it probably has something to do with that.  When you alt-tab manually or click on the playfield it is coming back into focus and picking up the button input.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?