Cactus Jack's VPX WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    batch
    Participant
      @batch

Two years ago, I begun to work on Cactus Jack’s, and Bodydump sent me photos from Akiles of this table (I just did the apron and the bottom part of playfield),

but, as I didn’t have the right software, I stopped working on it, and I’m very surprised to know he had almost finished it !

As I also begun to work on Spring Break, he sent me what he had done, the upper part of the playfield, and some plastics, so, I’ll try to finish this one

But it will be long, because I didn’t yet have to redraw this kind of stuff

I’m gonna try to do that using Inkscape (I don’t have Photoshop)

Hope I’ll be able to do that !

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Photoshop isn’t the only good editor out there. There are several free alternatives.

https://www.getpaint.net/

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

even a free photoshop, not the latest version, obviously, https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

Ashlong
        Participant
          @ashlong

Along those lines, don’t forget to check out the poor man’s online Photoshop-like editor Photopea: https://www.photopea.com/

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Photoshop free – be careful – this was a mistake by Adobe in the Past, that isn’t for free,
            otherwise – you can Download and use the Key – done B-)

There was something wrong with the Licence Servers, so Adobe needed a fast Solutions
            for the Customers – what i remember.

Karlor
            Participant
              @karlor

Oye.. I didn’t see like 4 pages.. I clicked the arrow thinking it would take me to the end of the posts.. it did not. lol late and not paying attention.

Well that’s a bummer, I wanted to see those fancy flailing rubber cacti cavorting around. After getting into VP and seeing all the cool models of Darks is what even got me looking for the table anyway. I love toys and animations and after seeing videos of the real table I hope someday we can try out Jack’s with those little babies jammin out :)

TombiiShark
              Participant
                @tombiishark

Soooo… let me get this straight.

There was work being done to overhaul this great table (which would outdo the previous version by lightyears), and just because some little idiots said some negative things, the author decided to just say “F it”, and pulled the work from development, spiting pretty much everyone?

If you ask me, it sounds rather childish. And I feel more sorry for everyone that chipped in on the project, and having the whole thing go to waste.

I, myself, do various different kinds of work (Okay, none of them VP-related but still, for the sake of my point), mostly art-related. Much as redrawing for VP tables seems to be. And I get a *lot* of criticism.
                And yet, to this day, I haven’t thrown my toys out of the proverbial ‘pram’, and I continue to put work out to this day, whether people like it or not.
                If people don’t like what you do… so what? Why stop?  Just continue, at least for the sake of not letting them get to you, and showing them that you can rise above it.

My condolences for that astronomical WIP, though.
                And huge props to Batch for considering picking the project back up.

Imagine letting some petty drama get to you that badly, that you feel you have to take it out on the entire community.
                Shameful.

"Keepin' It Sharky Since 1990!"

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Wow. Been around for 3 mnd and you come out with this as your first post :wacko:

TombiiShark
                  Participant
                    @tombiishark

I’ve actually been around the VP community for 2-3 years.  Just not necessarily been active/involved directly for most of that.
                    Mostly just played pinball and lurked for the most part. But became way more active this year.

I mean. You can argue that, yes, I don’t know the true ‘extent’ of this… ‘drama’.
                    But all I can gather really, is that some people said some negative things.

It just personally boggles my mind that someone would just shut everything (of their own projects) down, just because the odd person left criticism.
                    This is the internet. It’s going to happen. It’s just a matter of taking it on the chin (or telling them to get lost), and continuing to share great work with people who admire what you do.

I don’t mean to be negative myself. I just think that it’s a bit silly quitting over some stupid comments. That’s all.

I can only hope that maybe in the future, he’s able to shake all this off and continue with his awesome work.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

@Bodydump did great work and countless hours spent doing work in vp. I don’t think people understand the time it takes to build a table and I don’t blame him for taking a “break” or call it quits.

Maybe someday he will be back(I hope so) and then I’m sure he will finish his projects If not…  well I’m sure that someone will build a cactus jacks with out using body dumps table resources.

Until you spend 1000’s of hours making rubbers, metal walls, plastics, scripting or redrawing stuff for a table you would not understand.

He has his reason and we all need to respect  it. Sure it sucks! But is what it is.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Dark
                        @dark
                        vipMemberContributor

Well you’re right when you say you don’t know the full extent of the drama.  I’m sure calling bodydump’s  silly and childish for his decision is going to result in him reading this and motivate him to come back.

I don’t want to elaborate on the drama as it would serve no constructive purpose to re-hash old wounds but just know there was a long line of disrespect that lead to these events, and not just from members (downloaders) but from a contributor or two as well.

I’ve already said everything I felt I needed to say in this thread so I’ll just re-iterate one point:

Instead of crying about this unfinished project, be thankful for all of BD’s previous contributions, after all, to date no one has contributed more (professional level) re-draws as bodydump.  Don’t forget that his PF redraws can be re-used again and again for future versions of tables since they are all done with such love and passion, professionalism and attention to detail.  So while BD maybe gone, he effectively continues to contribute to the community.

3dcreation

3 users thanked author for this post.
                        Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

Not to mention… table authors don’t owe us anything.  If they want to finish a table, post pics of the finished table and never release it, that is their prerogative.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Well said @dark and @drybonz ????

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

N3roflint
                            Participant
                              @n3roflint

I can only hope that maybe in the future, he’s able to shake all this off and continue with his awesome work.

I’m sure @bodydump is rushing right over to share his work now that you’ve said your piece. Slow day on Reddit or something?

TombiiShark
                              Participant
                                @tombiishark

Bold assumption, considering I’m not a Reddit user.

As for CJ’s, we can just play it on The Pinball Arcade instead.

Only issue with that is, the physics on that game suck.
                                VPX generally looks and feels better.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

400 plus games on my table, I can’t keep up with what I have already, not losing sleep over this one……

either someone needs to start a new build or leave this alone

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?