Can we get some Ledwiz toys working with PinballFX2? DOF compatibility?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Paulo Carvalho
    Participant
      @paulohotline

Hey guys the cab support with PinballFX2 is awesome. I finally got it setup working with PinballX this weekend and its pretty sweet having the animated backglass with DMD setup while playing the tables.

Castle Storm is what GOT should have been :)
      http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/17/79/34/56/castle10.jpg

Would it be possible to code something to get Ledwiz to work with PBFX2, at minimum the flippers or perhaps engage the shaker when using either nudge button? I noticed VPINCabs advertises they have force feedback working with Zen pinball. Any thoughts if this is possible? This would add some realism to this cab support IMO.

More info on the official support here:
      http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?11279-Patch-notes-for-today-s-update-for-cabinet-support

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
      http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
      "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I think a few people have it working with solenoids simply wired to flipper buttons. Vpincabs has it actually “working”? I would be surprised… if it is working it must be a very basic way of working

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Alex
        Participant
          @17al3x17

Hi, I have 2 contactors for Bumpers, targets, … and 2 contacteurs for flippers

It’s works for Pinball Fx2 with a gamepad Xbox 360 and a Arduino uno.

Watch my video test and the résultats :

kit :

If you want more informations, tell me :)

Cheers

Alex

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

More info! :)

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

So that plug is where the vibration motors go in the 360 controller, I’m not familiar with fx2 but it must have vibration feedback when using a gamepad, so he’s taken the output from that plug and wired it to an arduino, and the arduino controls that relay board? Is there anything special about the relay board? I’d love to know what the code on the arduino is doing, but I bet you could skip the arduino with a similar setup…

Punch it!

Paulo Carvalho
              Participant
                @paulohotline

Hey Alex thanks for sharing your setup. Please share as much detail as you can on how you set it up with a 360 controller and how you got the idea to use it. Seems pretty straight forward to get going.

Edit: there is some detail here but it all in French :)
                http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=30663.0

"Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Alex
                Participant
                  @17al3x17

your right Freneticamnesic, the gamepad send a signal of the ” vibration ” for the arduino and he translate for the contactor.

You just make a small electronic assembly :

More information in Paulo Carvalho link.

I have talking with the author for more informations and now it’s works very well ( and it’s possible for Pinball Arcade but is the other motor ).

It’s compatible with the KL25Z ( for the nudge and plunger ) and the result is so cool.

Sorry for my english but I’m French ;)
                  If you want more information, I could try to ” translate ” what you not understand.

Regards Alex.

Paulo Carvalho
                  Participant
                    @paulohotline

Hey Alex, how much were are all the parts not including the 360 wired controller or contactors? Can this work with 12V contactors?

Randr, can you put together a kit :) I can see this working beside Ledwiz, where we wire the 4 contactors from this board and its only used when playing PinballFX2. It should not interfere with Ledwiz is that is only used when playing VP. You can pickup used wired 360 controllers cheap. I am in for one kit!

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Looks simple enough and could work alongside what everyone has for vp using same contactors but while I have pbfx2 I don’t play it much… Maybe I would if it jade feedback! I have all hardware needed in stock for a test so maybe I will try it for a test

for IOS and Android

Alex
                      Participant
                        @17al3x17

The price for all parts is not expensive.
                        The most expensive is the Arduino.
                        The price for the total approximately is 40 $ ( with parts x2, except Arduino )

Normally, it’s works on 12V but I have no try. I have nothing in 12V ;)

Paulo Carvalho
                        Participant
                          @paulohotline

Randr, I too have had the PBFX2 tables in Steam for years and never really played them. However, getting them setup in the cab with the backglass and DMD working really made them way more enjoyable. I have to say I am quite impressed with Portal (ruleset), Walking Dead and Castle Storm. I am now trying to finish these tables and get all the modes done.

As well the new pack – Balls of Glory – with Family Guy, American Dad, Archer and Bob’s Burgers is pretty cool. I look forward to seeing your kit in action, thanks for tackling this!

Les Thompson
                          Participant
                            @les73gtx

would like to see more with this also and would definitely buy a kit that someone worked hard on.

Paulo Carvalho
                            Participant
                              @paulohotline

Randr, I finally got The Pinball Arcade installed and working in my CAB using the FreeCamMod with the DMD on backglass. Have you made any progress on creating this kit? You should setup a store on your site to pre-order these kits as PBA needs DOFs big time! TIA.

TerryRed
                                @terryred
                                MemberContributorModerator

I was wondering when someone was going to do this!

Maybe one could take it a step farther and somehow make the force feedback motor somehow trigger specific (or random) leds as well… not sure how that could be done….but why not!

Combine this with Zebs opto flipper board and you’ve got feedback for flippers and bumpers for EVERY PBFX2 and TPA game! That’s excellent. Now I gotta rethink how I may do feedback for my cabinet!

My controllers for my cabinet are xbox360 compatible gamepads (Logitech)…but without the force feedback….  :(

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

….oh, and there’s been some great progress with getting PBFX2 DMDs and TPA DMD on real DMD’s now!

Check it out:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=34468&page=3#entry340991

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?