can’t create object: ‘UltraDMD.DMDObject’ -Windows 10

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    6of1
    Participant
      @6of1

Just wanted to post this for the next person so I can save them the day I had. First of all, take this info with a grain of salt, I am very very new to all this and might have screwed up somewhere (3+ times).

I have played with Future Pin & VP9 in the past but just started mocking up a cab last week. Under Windows 7 I did not get the error “ActiveX component can’t create object: ‘UltraDMD.DMDObject'” issue at all, not once after following Terry and Nailbusters great tut/videos (thank you both!). But then I got greedy and decided to format and clean install Windows 10, that is where things went bad for me.

I dont know why, I dont know how but the VPX AIO installer would not create a working UltraDMD.exe, the one in the XDMD folder. When I tried to run it, it would just fail silently. Im pretty sure I Unblocked, Allowed added to the Viri/Firewall Exclusions everything I could, but who knows.

What I did (maybe not right, but) seems to have worked.

1. Rename XDMD folder “XDMD_BKUP” in case this is all wrong, lol

2. Download “UltraDMDSetup.msi” (got it from: https://ultradmd.wordpress.com/download/)

3. Install to C:\Visual Pinball\XDMD

That is it, 3min could have saved me at least 3+ hrs, lol. I hope this is correct and helps someone down the road :bye:

4 users thanked author for this post.
      avidediter
      Participant
        @avidediter

same thing happened to me. No table using UltraDMD worked until I followed your post. Thanks for the tip!

sideways
        Participant
          @sideways

Me too!! This was exactly what I needed, and works perfectly again. Thanks so much!

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

Right click zip files, Click properties, Unblock before unzipping

2 Things you may have to UpDate
            Latest net framework and The latest supported Visual C++ downloads – https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4982#entry330264

Here is the latest version of UltraDMD,  Which was updated by Tom Speirs from the pinballx website
            I have it Installed in the Visual Pinball Folder  — Visual Pinball\UltraDMD  (Still has the same version number)
            https://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/2495-ultradmd-installer/
            Real DMD — If you stay with UltraDMD put a copy of DmdDevice.dll & DmdDevice.ini in your UltraDMD Folder

If you’re not sure about changing to FlexDMD then stay with UltraDMD for now or
            You can install FlexDMD and still use UltraDMD by only registering FlexDMD

UPDATE: If you’re going to use FlexDMD to control UltraDMD tables there is no need to have UltraDMD on your system :UPDATE
            But leaving it sit on your system will not manner
            I recommend installing the latest version of UltraDMD If you’re still going to use it
            (Available with new version of UltraDMD), If you stay with UltraDMD and the DMD is Hidden run this bat File — ConfigureUltraDMD.bat

You may not be aware of it but there is also a replacement for UltraDMD  (If you’re not sure then stay with UltraDMD)
            You can have FlexDMD only control FlexDMD tables or have it also control UltraDMD tables
            The UltraDMD tables will work with FlexDMD without doing anything to the UltraDMD tables
            Basically with the improvements In flexDMD sense it came out, You really only need to use the scripts that come with FlexDMD if the table don’t have UltraDMD

FlexDMD, an UltraDMD Replacement
            Requires Freezy DMD 1.8  or Newer — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676
            Latest version of FlexDMD 1.8.x  click on Github releases.– https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd#installation
            The 4 FlexDMD Files go in your VPinMame Folder  — Visual Pinball\VPinMame

Same link for ideas and troubleshooting but remember some things will be out of date
            If you go here and click on — GitHub here,  Then Click on the Green Button for DowmLoad (FlexDMD Master)
            https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43569&hl=

If for some reason you have to go back to UltraDMD and you’re not sure how to re-Register
            Download, Unzip put the file UltraDMDRegisterApp.bat  in your ultraDMD Folder  ( See attached file )
            Right click, Run As Administrator and it will re-Register ultraDMD

UltraDMD tables being controlled by FlexDMD
            NOTE: Champions League (Season 18) The F6 Menu will not work
            In order to change the text color (Change this line in the table script  — Const cDefaultDMDColor = "powderBlue"
            For other Games In order to change the full color and color of the text per game
            NOTE: With FlexDMD controlling UltraDMD Tables the text coloring May not be the same..
            Before adding search the script to make sure it’s not already in there somewhere
            In the table script Add this below  — Randomize
            See this file for a list of colors In the scripts Folder —  UltraDMD_Options.vbs

'---------- UltraDMD Unique Table Color preference -------------
            Dim DMDColor, DMDColorSelect, UseFullColor
            Dim DMDPosition, DMDPosX, DMDPosY, DMDSize, DMDWidth, DMDHeight

UseFullColor = "True" '                           "True" / "False"
            DMDColorSelect = "blue"            ' Rightclick on UDMD window to get full list of colours
            '
            '
            GetDMDColor
            Sub GetDMDColor
            Dim WshShell,filecheck,directory
            Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\fullcolor",UseFullColor,"REG_SZ"
            WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\color",DMDColorSelect,"REG_SZ"
            End Sub
            '''---------------------------------------------------

UltraDMD tables being controlled by UltraDMD

NOTE:  This game uses F6 Menu  — Champions League (Season 18)
            To control the Text Color, DMD Size (Any Size) and Location
            Before adding search the script to make sure it’s not already in there somewhere
            In the table script Add below  — Randomize
            https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37278&hl=

If you have a Particular game you would like to turn the a UltraDMD off — Try this
            https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/ac-dc-2012-jp-2012/page/2/#post-198597

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by outhere.
            • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by outhere.
            • This reply was modified 3 years ago by outhere.
            8 users thanked author for this post.
            someguy33
            Participant
              @someguy33

Just want to say thanks.  This saved me a ton of hassle in my journey.  Glad I followed your advice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?