Can’t get table controls to work properly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ratt85
    Participant
      @ratt85

Hello,

I am very new to VPinball and am  going to be building my own cabinet. I think I have down loaded the software needed to get things up and running but I am having problems. When I load a table I get an error, it will still load the table but only the plunger seems to work and no other controls. When I load the Nudge test and calibration, the controls work fine. What am I doing wrong or missing? Thank you

Badazzwi
      Participant
        @badazzwi

What is the error you get?

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Ratt85
        Participant
          @ratt85

I tried to load a different table, South Park. I don’t get any error messages but I still am not able to play the game. The tilt buttons and plunger work but nothing else. I followed a set up video on youtube so set up vpx. Am I not setting something up correctly?

Ratt85
          Participant
            @ratt85

So I downloaded an EM pinball since they don’t require ROMS and it worked fine, so I think my set up is correct.

Badazzwi
            Participant
              @badazzwi

I’m guessing something to do with the rom. Make sure you have the correct rom for the table you are loading. The rom should be zipped and in the vpinmame\roms folder. Check the roms by going into vpinmame folder. Run setup and hit the test button to check individual roms. Also hit the install button under setup to make sure vpinmame is installed.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Ratt85
              Participant
                @ratt85

Ok, thank you . I’ll give that a try.

Ratt85
                Participant
                  @ratt85

:yahoo: Looks like I got the problem solved , had to find the right rom set that would work . Thank you very much badazzwi for the info on how to test the rom sets , that fixed the problems I was having loading up the tables .??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?