Capcom Breakshot Beta .9

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Krobar74
    Participant
      @krobar74

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/capcom-breakshot-beta-9/

Here is Capcom Breakshot That I originally Built for personal FS mode.

32assassin provided a base script and I tweaked the script to my liking.

this table is about 80% done.  I always loved the real breakshot pinball

and so I built me one for vpx. but now I got no time to finish this table.

and so I figured I would offer it to who ever to finish this wip. or use

whatever so we all can enjoy capcom’s breakshot in vpx

All plastics are made from scratch. the dimensions for the table are for the most

part approximate. like I said this whole thing started as a personal project.

I would like to thank 32assissin for his help scripting. Dozer for

answering a couple questions I had. And I would like to thank everyone who

contributed to building all versions of breakshot (Vp8/Vp9) as scripting and the like

was used here and there to bring this version along.

12 users thanked author for this post.
      STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Wow, thanks Man, Looking very nice …

You said 80%, what is actually ToDo ?

Lighthouse
        Participant
          @lighthouse

I did not know this table, the truth is that it has a fabulous appearance.
          what does not encourage me to download it is that it is not finished, as I have been able to read.
          It would be a pity if he did not finish doing it.
          Thank you very much Krobar74, Very good work!  :good:

Incredible gameplay from AKM Pinball on Youtube :

Breakshot Gameplay

Pinbolt
          Participant
            @pinbolt

Looks very good.

Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

Thank you–like this table a lot. Although “not finished”, it seems to play well for me :)

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Krobar74
              Participant
                @krobar74

As far as it only being 80% finished, I just like being modest. I have months of

gameplay testing into this table.  The hard part was setting up the tri- way

captive ball system.   If you you tilt the table the flippers still work I know

there is a workaround with Capcom tables for this but never got to it.

also the g.i. needs to be mapped.  32assissin was looking into this but

im not sure what he found on this.  also I think the whole script needs

a good going over like dof and what not and maybe even surround sound

would be nice.  also I had to use Williams primitives for the gates and

middle playfield as this would not be correct but I work with what I had.

also the portion of the backbox that you see is not finished it was going

to have playfield light reflections but never got to implementing it.

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

thanks for the table I will try to finish it at the moment I have more then enough projects to keep me entertained,  but from the looks of it.  I don’t think I will be able to add much

Will look into the flippers

Capcom tables have two Lamp boards  Matrix A and Matrix B; each GI light is mapped to an individual rom ID number on the Matrix B board.   I can easily map each Lamp to an ID number but I do not know the location of that lamp.

Only a person that has access to a real machine and can run a GI lamp test will be able to identify the location of each lamp.

if my explanation is not good enough.  Open the table KingPin ( by Capcom not the EM table).  I tried to updated that table but got lazy when I realized that I had to updated each individual GI light. if anyone wants to take over that project, The table has been given a full script and VPX10.5 makeover, the only thing to do is update is the lighting witch includes all the GI and Solenoid flashers.  the playfield lights have been updated to use JPs subroutines.   But the most important step is to get permission to mod from ICPjuggalo.

I use the default VPX gates, so more then likely I will be removing the primitive gates,

I don’t use reflections, so that problem also goes away.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Jon Osborne
                  Participant
                    @jonosborne

This one plays super laggy.  I will re-try once it is finished.  Thanks for your release!

vogliadicane
                    Participant
                      @vogliadicane

this table is super beautiful, thanks a lot! :good: This “tri-way captive ball” thing is great, a lot of fun, never saw something like that before.

Only I didn’t like the HDR ball (it never looks good in my opinion), so I took the one attached. Looks much more noble in this beauty I think

Attachments:
                      senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

Thanks for sharing. The table is sluggy for me, not sure why. Love the looks and will keep an eye out for the final :)!

Krobar74
                        Participant
                          @krobar74

This is why I decided to give this table to 32 so he can go over it and hopefully finish it.

This table seems to only play well on higher end systems. I wish everyone could play

like vogliadicane said its a fun table but needs to be refined for the slower setups.

jbg4208
                          Participant
                            @jbg4208

This one plays super laggy. I will re-try once it is finished. Thanks for your release!

The visual options are set to maximum on the top right of the editor. Change them to default and it smooths it out for me.

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

… Default, or some Off if you have Troubles again … don’t Forget to Save the Table.

Attachments:
                              vogliadicane
                              Participant
                                @vogliadicane

btw I have a 4k playfield with a GTX970 and I always have to turn off 4xAA, Post-Proc AA and in-game AO for all tables to run smooth, so also for this one. On a 4k system you don’t realize any difference, but maybe people should try this out…

DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

If you you tilt the table the flippers still work I know

there is a workaround with Capcom tables for this but never got to it.

That is a vpinmame issue.    Flippers aren’t supported properly for Capcom, so authors have various hacks to try and simulate flipper activation.    I’ve been recently adding Fast flip support which would help in this case.   I’ll look into adding it for this table.

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

The update to VPM to support fast flips for this ROM is complete.   Once the new VPM and VPX builds come out (you’ll need updated vpinmame.dll and capcom.vbs), all you’ll need to do is change UseSolenoids=2 in order for tilt to work on this table.    There’s some extra code from the faking that is no longer necessary, but it probably doesn’t hurt anything to leave it.   They aren’t out yet though, so wait until they are, without them you’ll just get dead flippers.   :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Krobar74
                                    Participant
                                      @krobar74

Just a update. Clark has lent a helping hand at getting this table up to 1.0 status

and knorr has helped out with getting some new primitives.  now just need

lighting and G.I.

Mr_H
                                      Participant
                                        @jhopwood

Rocking table this one! Was a while ago since the last post, but did GI and lighting get done? I’d be happy to give it a go on the latest version if someone has it that could send to me? a version that was close to 1.0? (and not the one to download above).

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Been a while since he’s been around – https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/operation-thunder/#post-96603

vogliadicane
                                          Participant
                                            @vogliadicane

To me, this table is V1.0.

One of the really minor basic things was the ball image. But somebody called Vogliadicane soved it here ;)

seriously: this table is playing and looking sooo fine. So get it as it is, I’d say :bye:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?