Capersville (Bally 1966)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Blacksad
    Participant
      @blacksad

Thanks Scott and all the team for this old and original fun rules table.

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Hi there,

Fantastic job on this EM.  Many believe EM’s are too simplistic for their taste however some like Capersville have more to them than just “shoot targets” (not that there’s anything wrong with that! ;) ).

So I have a story to tell.  Tonight I had a game crashing bug.  I had one ball I believe captured.  I think I was on ball 5, slow plunged the ball , it did a perfect slow arch right towards the red button “sea way code zapper”. The moment it hit the edge of the button, the screen froze, then when I pressed PinballX’s exit button (to pause) it exited the table, so no screenshot possible but I do have script up on screen on top of the pinballx navigation so the error stopped on a specific line.    I was limited to what I could do because I use that exclusive fullscreen option.

So to make this a longer story than it needs to be, I immediately logged on to this site to find this thread and type up the error report. While this was happening, I’m also looking at an amazing end of game to World Series game 2.  Cool except during that long moment of extended drama, the damn front end did what it’s supposed to and cycled to other pins. While doing so, it completely killed VP that had crashed, including the damn script line.  Yes, this does feel like “my dog ate my homework”…

Anyway…. I didn’t want to leave you completely broke, so I search through the script and I think the error was on line 920 “sub codezapperexit_timer”, pretty sure I recall that and it’s the only line with both codezappe and timer.

… and that’s the end of that story!  Hope it helps or at the very least, entertain :)

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

Thanks Loafer, I’ve uploaded a new version of Capersville that fixes the problem that you described as well as a few other odd ball issues that I’ve noticed while playing the game.  In addition to this I also added some additional functionality to the chime code.  Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Capersville 3.1.1 Update
          -fixed bug that caused errors when the Code Zapper roll over button was hit
          -added code for driving chime units
          -fixed a bug that allowed multiple balls to enter the Deep 4 Caper area if the second ball were to enter before the first ball hit the stage one trigger
          -fixed a bug that allowed balls to be ejected from the trough during the Deep 4 Caper if a very strong table nudge were to be made

6 users thanked author for this post.
          The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Thanks Scott, appreciate it. My brother in law recently played a real Capersville and he couldn’t stop raving about it. I can’t wait for him to try your VPX version :)

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Thanks for the Update, Scott, i like your Table :good:

Edit: There is no Material set at the Wall “BlockDC4Gate” to the right Gate … (Looks pinky )

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

Dang it!  That is a new wall that I put in to prevent extra balls from getting into the Deep Caper 4 section.  It should not be set to visible!  I made it visible to test to see that it was working and must have forgotten to turn the visibilty to off before uploading it.  New version 3.1.2 on the way…

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you Loafer for finding and reporting the bug. And of course thank you Scott for you continued effort into making this a perfect release. :good:

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

If two Balls in the Kicker Holes above, then you have endless Balls ?

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

I had that happen once on my laptop (ball count wouldn’t advance) but could not reproduce it so I couldn’t test for it.  I’ll look into this some more to see what I can find.  Thanks for confirming that I wasn’t imagining that!

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Had it at every “Test” for that, ok thanks i.a. …

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Can confirm STAT’ finding. Also, I didn’t expect SEM to take my highscore :whistle:

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

Thanks STAT that should make it pretty easy to find the cause.

Thalamus, SEM has always been the high score.  That way I can say that I had the high score on your table once  :whistle:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I need to try out this update! thanks Scottacus!

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Scott, no – I beat SEM – wrote my own THA initials, but, on the latest release SEM has hacked me and stolen back the HS. My score, his initials.

Scottacus
                                Participant
                                  @scottacus
                                  MembervipContributor

There is something seriously wrong with my script.  I’ve spent the better part of an hour looking it over and I can’t see what it is.   I’ll look some more later today but there is a fundamental flaw with the script’s logic…

I’ll also look into the post it note initials problem.  Something weird is going on here.

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

( I saw just one BIP + 1 … is that right ? ) ( ok )
                                    Haven’t check the full Script atm.

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

I don’t know, if i am on the right Way, but Drain_Hit and all included haven’t a check for last Ball …
                                      Because: ReleaseBall = isn’t involed in this Cycle ?
                                      Drain_Hit -> UpdateTrough: just Kick out Balls (? thats the reason for endless Ball ?)
                                      … -> UpdateText: just Text Info, not B2S (? thats why BIP on directb2s never changed ? if 2 Balls are captured)

Should be 391: UpdateTrough not be: ReleaseBall ? ( ok, no )

Maybe this can help you :unsure:  … i will try something …

Edit: 391 UpdateTrough -> NextBall ? ( working, but if 2 Balls captured -> no BallRelease … )
                                      I am a bit confused about “BIP” and “BallInPlay”, Sub BallRelease and once without that (Drain) …
                                      I think, Coding that from the Begining (or some Sequences) would be better :unsure:

Oh my Head :wacko:

@BorgDog
                                      , @rothbauerw here ? :whistle:

Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

Ok I found the bad code and fixed it, the new version will be out soon. That was painful!

I’ll PM you Thalamus and show you how to hack your high score back.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        Scottacus
                                        Participant
                                          @scottacus
                                          MembervipContributor

New version uploaded.  I am not near my cab so I haven’t tried it out there, only on my laptop.  Please let me know if there are any new problems or old ones that haven’t been solved.

Thalamus, there is a PM for you with the hack instructions, let me know if you have any issues.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Thanks for the info on how to take the HS back. But, I rather kicks his ass all over again with a updated Casperville. Capersville :good:

Thank you for the update.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 117 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?