Capersville (Bally 1966)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

.. Casperville. :good: ..

Is this a special Halloween edition of Capersville with a friendly ghost?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

LOL. Its not first time I’ve written that. For some odd reason that name is stuck in my brain.

kds70
        Participant
          @kds70

Hi Scottacus. Since your 3.1.3. table update the apron of the table is not visible :mail:

changed the apron to “top visible” and now it works :good:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

And here is it … buhuu …

Thanks for the Fix, Scott :good:

Attachments:
            Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

Thanks KDS!  I forgot to turn that back to visible so I’ll Update the update.

How does the table play?  Any problems with two ball capture infinite number of balls?

THE MAGICIAN
              Participant
                @themagician

Apron image is not appearing in the latest version.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Yeah. There is a bug somewhere still. I ended up locking a ball in the kicker, getting one ball down through for extra ball and then a new one was ejected into trough.

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

Interesting Thalamus, I tried to chat with you but my work connection seems to be blocking chat.   Can you give me some more details?

Which kicker are you referring to?

Was only the Deep 4 Caper active at the time or where you able to capture a ball in one of the Saucers?

After the active ball drained was there a ball in the shooter lane and then the table kicked out another ball?

This was a pretty ambitious first table to author (3 modes, multiball, extraball…), I really want to get this right.  Thanks for your help.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

I don’t remember the names, and I wasn’t paying that much attention to what was happening before the bug struck. I believe I’m correct though to what happened, let me see if I can reproduce. Was playing well, so maybe I’ll have to cheat in order to reproduce. I was hunting that HS you know ;)

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Obviously this isn’t something that happens every game. So, lets hope someone else notices, or not ? :) I’ll get back to you if I’m able to reproduce do it again.

:whistle:

bord
                          @bord
                          MembervipContributorModerator

I’ll get back to you if I’m able to reproduce.

LOL

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

I uploaded a version with the apron image enabled.  I kind of like watching the balls move up the chain of kickers as the table cycles  B-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Scottacus
                            Participant
                              @scottacus
                              MembervipContributor

Hey Thalamus out of curiosity what is your high score?

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Forgot you asked and found the picture inside my phone :)

Attachments:
                                Scottacus
                                Participant
                                  @scottacus
                                  MembervipContributor

17k, that is a fantastic score!

I bought a beat up Gottlieb chime unit on ebay (no tone bars, missing one retaining bolt, no plungers or other hardware) and rehabbed it.

I’ve been experimenting with it to see just exactly what the unit can do.  I talked with a super knowledgable guy at Pinball Resource and found that Bally counterbored their plungers in the 70’s to get faster bar strikes on multiple bonuses.  I removed about 1/3 of the weight of one of the plungers by counterboring it.  The coil’s magnetic field only interacts with the outermost layer of metal so boring out the center has no effect on the interaction of the plunger and the coil’s field so the strikes of the tone bar are the same with either a solid or hollowed out plunger.

Here is a video of testing the chime unit at different timer outputs.  Each test sends five pulses to the chime unit starting with the leftmost chime (highest pitch) and moves to the right.

First output 200 ms timer, second 150ms timer, third 125ms timer and last 100ms timer.

https://youtu.be/pJSd2HeYLKk

It looks like 150ms is the fastest that any of the coils can keep up with chiming.  On a non-filmed test, the middle coil could not hit the bars with the hollowed out plunger at 100ms, I can’t say if it could keep up at 125ms since I didn’t test this.

The leftmost coil seems to be the weakest of the bunch and it could not strike the tone bar repeatedly with the slowest output (200ms timer).  I had to put the hollowed out plunger in this coil for this filmed test and with that plunger the coil fires just fine.  This goes to show how much lightening the plunger can effect the function of these coils.

Scott

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I’d like the test table with timers to compare my chime unit to yours bored out. can you share it?

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

Randr, just messaged you a link to a chime test table, let me know if it works for you

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Got it! the table looks like a great way to test the chimes! this should be uploaded or better yet merged with my DOF test table. Well merged with Borgdogs updated DOF test table!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                                        Participant
                                          @scottacus
                                          MembervipContributor

Sounds good, why don’t you just strip the code and add it to your table.

Scottacus
                                          Participant
                                            @scottacus
                                            MembervipContributor

Capersville 3.2.5

This is a major update to the table with tons of new features and fixes. Please note that you must use the new B2S backglass included in this download to get the full experience.

Changes:

-Option Menu Feature

This is available by holding down the left flipper button for a couple of seconds while the table is in standby mode. This is based upon BordDog and Loserman76’s work.

-English/German format

While looking at online photos of Capersville I noticed that more than half of the table photos were of German machines. Thanks to Bord’s crazy good Blender skills and BorgDog’s idea to use a primitive to project a second image onto, we were able to make this a reality. The apron, instruction cards and coin cards also change languages as well. Thanks to Mark70 for helping with translation and proof reading the playfield and cards.

-New B2S Backglass

The next problem was “how to make a bilingual backglass.” Once again the clever BorgDog suggested snippets as the solution. I was able to use snippets that can be switched out in the script to make the backglass seamlessly switch languages based upon settings chosen in the option menu. The backglass does take a few seconds to load because of the large number of snippets.

-New High Scores System

The table can now track 5 high scores along with the initials of these players. I also switched out the old post it note for a smaller BorgDog style tape so that less of the apron is covered.

-Lighting Shadow Masks

Bord pulled out all of his Blender skills to make new lighting shadow masks and was able to project playfield reflections onto the curved metal guide walls for a really nice effect.

-New Deep 4 Caper Rotating Gate

After spending days looking over playfield images Bord noticed a sizable hole in the playfield that we figured out was for a rotating gate that allowed the ball to fall back into the launch lane if either the Deep 4 or Saucer Capers were active. There is a new rotating Gate primitive that is hidden by the Deep 4 Plastic so you’ll never see it unless you unhide the plastic.   The old invisible wall that blocked entry into the Deep 4 Caper is now gone.

-Primitive Gate Animations

I stole these directly from BorgDog after seeing how smoothly his ball lane gates operate.

-Bilingual Desktop backdrop

Now those who don’t play on a cab can also enjoy the English/German experience.

-Tilt Logic Change

After watching more Capersville table videos I noticed that the saucers kick out their balls if the player tilts the table so this was added. Balls stay in the saucers at the end of the game.

-Chime Unit Option

In the options menu you can choose “Chimes On” or “Chimes Off.” This determines if the Bell Sound file or DOF output to the chime unit is used by the table. I put this in because my chime unit is really loud and my wife can hear it through the floor. With this option you can leave on the rest of your quieter DOF devices at night. Please note that I am not responsible for complaints about you knocker going off because you set new high score. Your pinball skills are your own responsibility.

-10 Point Bumper Caps

STAT pointed out the there are online photos of Capersville tables with “10 Point” caps as well as photos of those with blank caps so the option menu lets you choose which your table will have.

-New Mushroom Primitives

Bord made smoother mushrooms for the table.

-Fixed annoying flashes of white that showed up in the rollover slots whenever a ball rolled across these. The problem turned out to be the lack of a black full screen image in the backdrop settings.

-I don’t have access to a Capersville manual and I can’t see a setting in the schematic that would allow the operator to set the machine to Replay or Extra Ball modes. I added an Extra Ball mode to the table but I’m not certain that the real table has such a feature. Use at your own discretion.

CVE
                                            CVEBG
                                            CVG
                                            CVGBG

9 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 117 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?