Card Whiz (Gottlieb 1976)

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    StevOz
    Participant
      @stevoz

Wow I just found the how to create VP perfect circles site and it’s still there…20 year old VP site!

http://www.vpgd.net/

Click the 200 point tutorial pop bumper…

http://www.vpgd.net/vpgdnet/perfect_circles.htm

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

Wow I just found the how to create VP perfect circles site and it’s still there…20 year old VP site! http://www.vpgd.net/ Click the 200 point tutorial pop bumper… http://www.vpgd.net/vpgdnet/perfect_circles.htm

That’s a neat trick.  Would be much easier if walls had that sides property like the primitive objects do.

On a side note I took off the glass and measured some wire lane guides on my Count-Down with the digital calipers.  They measure at 0.094″ diameter, or 4.42 vp units.

I measured the kicker hole while I was there as well and it appears to be made with a 1.25″ hole in the wood (59ish VP units) that when metal lined is 1.211″ or 57 VP units diameter.  I think I may need to adjust that somewhat as well.

Daryl
        Participant
          @allknowing2012

What’s the advantage to using invisible walls instead of just setting the primitive to collidable in this case? In can’t be performance as that just seems to negligible in this situation. If I set the primitives to collidable and not the walls and up the elasticity just a tad it plays good.

@Daryl while you are here, you have a Buccaneer right? Does that have a 41″ or 42″ playfield? All the tables say that Gottlieb ems have 41″ playfields, but the 2 I have owned both have 42″. Admittedly they are both late em tables (Vulcan and Golden Arrow both from ’77), but I’m curious when exactly they switched, or if it was inconsistent. I sized Card Whiz to a 42″ playfield dimensions, but if anyone has one or a royal flush, and can measure I’d be glad to change it if 41″ is correct.

Borg it measures out at 42″

1 user thanked author for this post.
          BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

thanks Daryl… hate to tell you but your VPX table is built on a 41″.. and my guess would be the Jungle Princess I made that you based Bucaneer on is probably a 42″ as  well.  arrrg

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

Thanks BorgDog for the latest two EM tables! For me you are the EM table master and I really enjoy them to the max!

Top Quality releases :).

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

Nice Job BorgDog Thanks! all this physics stuff is giving me a headache. haha i just wanna play pinball. Some BackDrop Settings would be appreciated.?

In this support thread

Jungle Princess (Gottlieb 1977)

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

In my cabinet in windows my playfield is set portrait, as in long way up and down, as opposed to landscape.  it is setup that way so when i am working on tables at my cabinet I don’t have to turn sideways, nor do I have to worry about scripts or whatever to turn windows back and forth when running vp or not.  The landscape that most people have is leftover from a time when the software only supported that mode, only issue is that for those who have been around that long is they would have to change all the tables on their setup if they changed their windows settings.

Here are some FS landscape settings that should get you close:

FSsettings

on a side note I should have an update soon with some fixes and DOF support.

Attachments:
                  BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

Just posted up version 1.0 with full dof support along with a config in the dof configtool (tested and approved by arngrim – thanks!).  few other graphics and physics changes as well (some round posts for stevoz among them ;)

Daryl
                    Participant
                      @allknowing2012

What is causing the weird shading of the wood along the plunger lane?

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Hey Daryl… I don’t have any weird shading, but I usually do material adjustments on tables… did you look at the playfield material?

Daryl
                        Participant
                          @allknowing2012

My poor attempt at a screen grab…

2017-02-18-14_34_38-Visual-Pinball-Player

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

Try going into the playfield material in the material manager and change the base color, glossy layer and clearcoat to 200, 120, 0 respectively and see if you like it better.

Attachments:
                            BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

What is causing the weird shading of the wood along the plunger lane?

Was wondering when someone was going to notice something amiss, I just noticed it yesterday when I loaded it on the big cab.  When I took the decal off that wood due to the gap for the gate i forgot to turn the top visible on (or turned it off).  turn off all the layers, then turn layer 3 back on,  select Rightrail and RightRail1 and check the box for Top Visible in options.  that should make it look a little better.  same thing is in royal flush.

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

I was completely on the wrong track… sorry Daryl.

Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

On a side note… I just noticed that both Card Whiz and Royal Flush are now in the top 10 EM’s over at IPDB… so, very nice to have these in VPX.

That top 10 list appears to have changed up a lot lately.  Ice Show was on top for a long time, now it’s Sweethearts, which I have never played.  There are a few others on there we don’t have in VPX yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?