Centaur (Bally 1981)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

Just want to say it was very kind and polite for Bord to include me in the credits… however, I had only done some cosmetic and layout tweaks to 32A’s original beta, then handed it off to BorgDog, who did some real work on it.  So, with Bord’s new version, it is all his work on the layouts and visuals are his… any minor things I had contributed are long gone.

I had a chance to play an advance version, and even in that stage it was looking awesome, so I’m really looking forward to checking out this final version.  This table is a favorite for me, for a number of reasons… and I felt like the VPX library was missing a big piece of the puzzle without it.  Thanks for putting this together, Bord… and for gathering the awesome and detailed playfield and other scans.  I understand Bord actually went to some expense to put this table together for us.  Thanks again, man.    :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
      blackvulcan3
      Participant
        @blackvulcan3

Real nice Bord. Great job and thank you for releasing this out into the wild.

Nemo
        Participant
          @nemo

Ohhh man……this was an odd table in the 80’s …..dark themed…..it spelled danger.

This is such a nice recreation, enjoying it thoroughly, man this plays and looks gooood.

Thanks to ALL involved !

N3roflint
          Participant
            @n3roflint

Thanks Bord and everyone else involved. Lots of fun to play and one of my favorites of all time.

Lighthouse
            Participant
              @lighthouse

Excellent recreation, super fun table and one of my favorites since always.
              I have nothing more to say, everything has been said and everything is good.
              Thank youCentaur

Attachments:
              Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

Plays as great as it looks!

I’m having a blast with this table!  :good:

Thanks guys!

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Updated to 1.0.1a with a script fix for the slingshots. Would someone using DOF please get back to me and confirm they are being triggered properly now?

This fix also enhances the light show on a slingshot hit as the GI for that side drops out when triggered. It’s pretty cool.

marie
                  Participant
                    @marie

Back to memory lane with this one!! Excellent recreation. Thanks!

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

I would test the DOF for you Bord, if it wasn’t for the fact that I need to replace one of my slings. Too many great releases, Centaur included, does takes it toll :) Now to figure out where I left that spare one :)

Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Thanks for the update. I played the table for hours last night, it’s so addictive :good:

32assassin
                        Participant
                          @32assassin

thanks for the release

the code still had some residue from the VP 10.0 Beta days

the double slingshot call was one of them.

the other is for the center stand up targets behind the drop targets.  their is still a pair of primitive stand up targets with primitive animation subroutine.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

bord
                            @bord
                            MembervipContributorModerator

…the center stand up targets behind the drop targets. their is still a pair of primitive stand up targets with primitive animation subroutine

Thanks 32a! I remember playing your early VPX beta of this game.

I actually added that antique script because the stock VPX targets have high backs and didn’t fit properly under the rubbers. Centaur center targets have a lower back so I made a new mesh and animated them that way. I wish we had a VPX option for those shorter targets.

32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

I noticed, this is why I always set  Z(location) =-10  for all the stand up targets I add.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Finally got to set the newest version up and play tonight… turned out great.  I really like the visibility and lighting in the SPL lane.  Looks really cool.

bjschneider93
                                Participant
                                  @bjschneider93

Thanks for the great release. It is one of my favorite early 80’s titles. Now if only someone would create a backglass worthy of your table:)

bjschneider93
                                  Participant
                                    @bjschneider93

Never mind. Just found the hauntglass. Perfection

kds70
                                    Participant
                                      @kds70

Updated to 1.0.1a with a script fix for the slingshots. Would someone using DOF please get back to me and confirm they are being triggered properly now?

This fix also enhances the light show on a slingshot hit as the GI for that side drops out when triggered. It’s pretty cool.

Slingshots are working now with DOF. Thanks for this AMAZING table :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

vogliadicane
                                      Participant
                                        @vogliadicane

yes, slings now fire DOF, and yes cool effect the GI switch out at hit! Thanks for fixing. :good:

It is strange, but it was totally irritating, when you are used to the force feedback and it is missing at some points.

@Pinfan45
                                        press F6 and check “display credits”

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Bord.  Congrats for a great release, also congrats to all who contributed.  Although I scanned the apron and shooter lane from the real deal, I’ll share credit for that with my brother-in-law, as it’s his pin (thanks Hunter!).  More may be coming for another pin in the near future :)

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Ben Logan2
                                          Participant
                                            @benlogan2

Best Bally SS physics to date. I’m hooked on this one. Played for three hours tonight. I’m still trying to hit that damn chamber feature five shots in a row!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 96 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?