Centaur (Bally 1981)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    kds70
    Participant
      @kds70

… and cant get the Credits to display on the backglass.

Press F6 to get to the rom options while playing; set your options and restart.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

1 user thanked author for this post.
      chokeee
      Participant
        @chokeee

One question about reflections on balls (its not only Centaur table). I would like to disable some inserts reflections on the balls. For example blue insert “when lit” and orange “relase”. Show reflections on balls in UNchecked and the reflection still exists. Where is the problem?

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

One question about reflections on balls (its not only Centaur table). I would like to disable some inserts reflections on the balls. For example blue insert “when lit” and orange “relase”. Show reflections on balls in UNchecked and the reflection still exists. Where is the problem?

Kill the a and z versions of the lamps you don’t want on the balls. Zs are on layer 11 IIRC.

chokeee
          Participant
            @chokeee

Thanks bord. I clicked on layer 9 and thought that the 8th layer was the last one (because 9 and 10 are empty) ;)

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

10, 11 and 12 is beta.

Bullwinkle55
              Participant
                @bullwinkle55

Excellent table Bord,  it plays as nice as it looks. Thank you very much

bord
                  @bord

Minor update today. Added a DOF call for the ORB kicker. Thanks to @borgdog for the idea. Call has been added to DOFConfig so update that, too. No physics were changed so you should be able to use this and still compete in the Game of the Week.

Mark70
                  Participant
                    @mark70

just a very small finding, I noticed that the drain sound is not playing.
                    Maybe it’s something you want to combine with a future update.
                    I am still on Version 1.0.1a. So maybe it is already working on latest 1.0.1b.
                    Thanks

Pinbolt
                    Participant
                      @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

I’m a desktop user and I think the flippers need a little tuning.

When the ball runs from the rail over the flippers the ball jumps( left and right side)

Please help

bord
                        @bord

Hi @Pinbolt, I’m not going to make any additional tweaks this week as the Game of the Week is going on and the game needs to play the same to keep the challenge fair. You can mess with your copy by adjusting Wall5 and Wall6. I’ll take a closer look as other updates accumulate.

Thanks for the feedback!

RallyRally
                        Participant
                          @rallyrally

I lowered table slope a tiny bit to reduce SDTM’s and added tiltkey/nudge to keydown, but otherwise this is basically perfect, thank you!

bord
                            @bord

I lowered table slope a tiny bit to reduce SDTM’s and added tiltkey/nudge to keydown, but otherwise this is basically perfect, thank you!

Glad you made it perfect.

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

XRQew

Attachments:
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

I just so hate it when a release as good as this one gets comments about gameplay. WTF. Have you guys ever played the real deal ? These machines are made for you to spend your hard earned cash one and if you shoot the target that is dangerous – it will in a high percentage go into the danger area. When I see VP games emulating the real deal it just make me happy. It means to me that we’re right on the dollar physics vise. And Centaur. Without owning it or knowing the nits and grits about the real machine a least to me feels like a good emulation.

Ok … I’ll come down a bit … breath … ok – back to normal.

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Most people who play VP enjoy the realism. If a table is playing too difficult and yet it’s a faithful recreation of the real thing you might try Pinball Arcade. That is designed more for sustained gameplay and less on realism.

bord
                                      @bord

Thanks, guys.

My biggest difficulty with this project was to get it playing tough enough. I still think it is too easy but feels as much like a well-maintained Bally from this era as I could manage. These “too hard” guys don’t play enough real pinball.

RallyRally
                                      Participant
                                        @rallyrally

Glad you made it perfect.

You made it perfect, my friend. I did what I had to to compensate for my shit playing skills. I can only say thank you once more and humbly accept any updates you may publish.

bord
                                          @bord

You made it perfect, my friend. I did what I had to to compensate for my shit playing skills. I can only say thank you once more and humbly accept any updates you may publish.

Truthfully I’m happy you’re able to enjoy it.

kcpinhead
                                          Participant
                                            @kcpinhead

Im playing desktop mode of this table and for some reason I cant get a numerical display to come up? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 96 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?