Centigrade 37 (Gottlieb 1977)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    vothar
    Participant
      @vothar

i get a ‘hanged script detected’ at the end of the subroutine SAVEHS at the end of the gameplay… it’s the same problem i get with capersville table that use the same system to save scores…

perhaps this tables (the code) are too old to work with visual pinball 10.6 ?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

No, that’s not it at least. I know I’ve played both on 10.x series. You are right in that SaveHS is used and it calls savevalue, which I’m pretty sure stores values inside a file in users folder, named “VPReg.stg”. It is kind of the way it has been done … forever. I mention it in the end of this wiki  https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – you download the exe – put it in the users folder. Use it top open the file with and you can edit and delete values from it. My file, has many games in it. Look at it like a small database. Maybe it got corrupted in some way ? You can 1) try to rename that file to something else. If now the tables work, well, then I guess there is high chance that it IS corrupted in some way. I never had to do anything about it before and I do take backups of my cab so … if that would happen to me – I can restore it.

I have no clue how to fix it IF it is corrupted. Been a while since I used that tool too. Funny thing. It seems to be discussed in this table thread already ;-)   – read much ?

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

This is a great older table and deserves some attention so today I went through C37 and fixed the following:

-fixed DOF for chimes and knocker (wasn’t working on the version on this site)
          -removed ball shadow option from the menu
          -High score text file so no more headaches with the old binary files
          -Updated post it note with standard 5 player scores and rotate through scores in static mode
          -added nFozzy Dampeners
          -added nFozzy Flippers
          -Added ball drop sounds
          -Changed up ball control to also allow z axis motion

I sent the update to Bord so he can look it over, edit it and release it whenever he wants.  I don’t want to see @thalamus develop high blood pressure ;-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Thalamus
            @thalamus

Hight blood pressure – nah, got medicine for that ;)

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks, @scottacus! Looks like an update is imminent. I’ll take a close look at visuals and see if anything needs updating before getting it uploaded.

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

“Changed up ball control to also allow z axis motion”    HA!!  After watching 3 hours of bord vids last night I now know what that means!     no I don’t.

I love the layout of this table and it’s near the top of my games-played-list.  Never expected an update but…that up-ball stuff sounds nifty!  Thanks guys!!  Beers on me next year in Chicago?!?  Hope so.

Scottacus
                Participant
                  @scottacus
                  MembervipContributor

Thanks JR for mentioning Bord’s videos, I had no idea those were out there as well as the daily Sea Witch build you tube channel.  I’ve got hours of fun ahead!

With Roth’s ball control you can move the ball around with the arrow keys (you can do that with your mouse in debug mode).  My brother added a little functionality that lets you levitate and drop the ball to test ball drop sounds as well as glass hit sounds if the table has those.  I didn’t add the glass hit sounds since there won’t be any on a table of this vintage with this layout.

bord
                    @bord

Well if Scott has the physics tuned up I might as well touch up a few graphic elements at the same time.

Quick afternoon update in Blender.

c37

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

@bord, don’t forget to fix the playfield.  The lady on the left is still missing her eyebrow.  I thought you had that fixed, but in your screen shot above, it’s still missing.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

@bord, don’t forget to fix the playfield.  The lady on the left is still missing her eyebrow.  I thought you had that fixed, but in your screen shot above, it’s still missing.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord
                          @bord

@bord, don’t forget to fix the playfield. The lady on the left is still missing her eyebrow. I thought you had that fixed, but in your screen shot above, it’s still missing.

Ah yes, all the textures were from an old blender file. I’ll make sure to grab the fixed version before I render. Thank you.

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

What’s up with that missing eyebrow?  And how do you guys spot that stuff?  Thanks for giving this table some renewed attention.

bord
                              @bord

What’s up with that missing eyebrow? And how do you guys spot that stuff? Thanks for giving this table some renewed attention.

It’s almost a running gag by now. I missed it when I did the original redraw. @scottacus fixed it and sent it to me but without fail every time this game gets updated the eyebrow-less version gets uploaded first and then corrected. I kinda want to add the eyebrow-free version to the menu or something just for fun.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Hehe. Telling me this, just reminded me of a thread where that ball is not ejected correctly, but, we are still seeing the question being asked over and over. :whistle:

I’m sure you get it right – some day @bord – LOL ;-) :rose: :heart:

bord
                                  @bord

Ok, one last time:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/centigrade-37-gottlieb-1977/

v 3.0 came about when @scottacus offered to implement the rubber dampening scripts and more (thanks!). From there it snowballed into a 100% visual/physical rebuild. Game finally plays as challenging as it should.

I’m doing my best to retire as many of my projects as possible in VPX. Check this one off the list.

c37tdt

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Thanks for the excuse to close up and head home early! REALLY looking forward to trying this out.

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

Yea!  This was already one of my favorite tables before the upgrade.  Absolutely gorgeous and plays as good as it looks :good:   :good:   :good:

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

One word

PERFECT :good: :rose:

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

I love it! Thanks guys! Pro stuff!

Crakkers
                                          Participant
                                            @crakkers

Not many things can entice me out of bed on a cold winter’s morning……this did!

Great update, thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 111 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?