cGameName & ActiveX Errors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Touchmaster97
    Participant
      @touchmaster97

I’m trying to run a few VPX Tables, mainly ones from the early 80s, but none of them would work. Either they would give me an error that’s something along the lines of ”cGameName not found” or ”Couldn’t initialize ActiveX”. Can anyone help me fix these issues?

I have the problem with the following tables so far:
      -Barracora
      -Volcano
      -Vector

Midway's Legacy lives on.

Daryl
      Participant
        @allknowing2012

Basically you are missing the rom and/or the backglass. Look in  the script where it says cgname and find out the name of the rom it is expecting.

Touchmaster97
        Participant
          @touchmaster97

I don’t really think that’s the case. I’ve got tons upon tons of Roms, hundreds of them in fact.

Midway's Legacy lives on.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

There really isn’t a reason to be “guessing/thinking” at all. Run setup.exe – verify that it is working – always, when you have rom error messages. pinmame != happy, VP won’t either.

LynnInDenver
            Participant
              @lynnindenver

Most of us have hundreds of roms and still can run into issues with missing rom files – either because what we have is a bad file, or is missing critical pieces. So it’s always good to check when it can’t run because of cgamename error.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
              Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
              Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?