Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997) night version

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Aurel
    Participant
      @aurel

Thanks for the backglass. Works well here but I have a strange problem :

This is the only backglass I have that don’t stretch to my fullscreen area !

With this backglass I get a small black area/line at the bottom of my screen…

I have a 2 screens cab and my BG screen is 1280×1024.

Any help to fix that?

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Tried what I mentioned in the beginning of this thread ? https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-night-version/#post-125657

Jon Osborne
        Participant
          @jonosborne

Does anyone know why I might be getting a missing backglass despite updating the script as instructed?  I tried both the night and day versions for Knorr’s table and updated the script(I tried updating the script in the exact location instructed and switched it to the end of the script as well).  I also tried turning off Ddraw.  No matter what I am not getting a backglass.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If someone could send me their updated script that is tested and working I can compare it to mine and see if the script is the issue or something else.  Thanks guys!

bassgeige
          Participant
            @bassgeige

Does anyone know why I might be getting a missing backglass despite updating the script as instructed?  I tried both the night and day versions for Knorr’s table and updated the script(I tried updating the script in the exact location instructed and switched it to the end of the script as well).  I also tried turning off Ddraw.  No matter what I am not getting a backglass.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If someone could send me their updated script that is tested and working I can compare it to mine and see if the script is the issue or something else.  Thanks guys!

Hello Jon, is this your only backglass which is not beeing displayed? Does your table name and backglass name contain  or share the same or a few prefix text name together?

bassgeige
            Participant
              @bassgeige

Thanks for the backglass. Works well here but I have a strange problem :

This is the only backglass I have that don’t stretch to my fullscreen area !

With this backglass I get a small black area/line at the bottom of my screen…

I have a 2 screens cab and my BG screen is 1280×1024.

Any help to fix that?

Normally it should not be displayed with the grill being disabled. from your backglass options menu. As you seem not to be the only one with this kind of problem, I will submit new versions which will be grill free as a separate option.

Aurel
              Participant
                @aurel

Tried what I mentioned in the beginning of this thread ? https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-night-version/#post-125657

Thanks, I tried but it doesn’t work.

Not a big problem btw, I will wait the update :)

BrandonLaw
                Participant
                  @brandonlaw

I really do appreciate the backglass, but not sure you’re understanding this backglass is just too large for most of us.  I narrow it to 1920 from 4k and it works.  Granted all the elements are off, but the background image is just large for a large percentage of our environments.  A user created a working version on the last iteration, and I’m going to stick with that for now.  If you could create a version that has a lesser image span, that would be really wonderful!  I have created one just to use, but the cannon elements are off.  I can put some time in to learn to move the elements, but haven’t done so just yet.  Really, thank you for your hard work on this b2s!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

bassgeige
                  Participant
                    @bassgeige

I really do appreciate the backglass, but not sure you’re understanding this backglass is just too large for most of us.  I narrow it to 1920 from 4k and it works.  Granted all the elements are off, but the background image is just large for a large percentage of our environments.  A user created a working version on the last iteration, and I’m going to stick with that for now.  If you could create a version that has a lesser image span, that would be really wonderful!  I have created one just to use, but the cannon elements are off.  I can put some time in to learn to move the elements, but haven’t done so just yet.  Really, thank you for your hard work on this b2s!

The last iteration that I am able to see is this version from chucky87: https://mega.nz/#!q5M1nISb!sZjbBx47XX4xtrZQ6vikZm7F_IvCSot-1oZI08UtYIM

BrandonLaw is that the version which is free of problems?

Would you be please so kind to test if a less high resolution in the ScreenRes.txt for your used backglass monitor together with the day or night version is upscaled from the monitor (if not you are able to set the operating system resolution for your monitor from for exaple 1920 x 1080 to for example 1280 x 720 or lower like 800 x 600) and if the load itself does change (also if the displayed resolution is not upscaled from the monitor) and if there is any resolution which is able to be used together with knorr’s table in a solid gameplay experience? Thanks.

Another test which is also interesting is to set the output from the playfield monitor from for example 1920 x 1080 in the ScreenRes.txt to a lower resolution and also in your operating system to have this load also in consideration.

Annotation: Please keep in mind to have the same order as before in your resolution setup from the operating system as you did use it beforehand. (Example:)

resolution test

Aurel
                    Participant
                      @aurel

Just tried the version posted on Mega and it solves my issue : the black area at the bottom of my screen is gone :)

Thanks!

Jon Osborne
                      Participant
                        @jonosborne

Hi Bassgeige. It is the only one missing. All other table backglasses work. The file names are the same for the backglass and the table file. I’m not sure if my scripting is off, but I copied/pasted it to the script just as instructed. Outside of that I’m a little lost. Thanks for any help! ?

bassgeige
                        Participant
                          @bassgeige

Thanks, I tried but it doesn’t work.

Not a big problem btw, I will wait the update :)

Aurel please test the fresh uploaded version for Knorr’s table as night dB2S without a grill. I will continue to edit and to submit the other versions without a grill if this one does work for you.

bassgeige
                          Participant
                            @bassgeige

If your sharp eyes may still spot a very thin line, that is from the original artwork output from hauntfreaks. I did in older versions a repaint for this spot but for the new script releases after a very long time where the project stopped I forgot about it. The very thin line is under normal conditions not to spot and is also not on the complete area visible.

Aurel
                            Participant
                              @aurel

Hi. I just tried and it works well! Thank!

Its name is strange btw because this backglass is full sized and not cut (I have a 5/4 screen so it’s perfect for me).

Named “no-grill”, I was thinking it will be a 16/9 cut one without the bottom part because usualy 16/9 backglass for 3 screens cab are named like that.

dreamtrap
                              Participant
                                @dreamtrap

if you’ve already changed the script in dozers do you need to do it again?

bassgeige
                                Participant
                                  @bassgeige

Hi Bassgeige. It is the only one missing. All other table backglasses work. The file names are the same for the backglass and the table file. I’m not sure if my scripting is off, but I copied/pasted it to the script just as instructed. Outside of that I’m a little lost. Thanks for any help! ?

Maybe it is a good idea to use any copy of any possible dB2S you like and if you rename it to your table name to see if you are able to see the backglass picture itself without an animation, we are sure that the dB2S display process itself is working.

bassgeige
                                  Participant
                                    @bassgeige

if you’ve already changed the script in dozers do you need to do it again?

The first dozer scripts were different from the latest versions. Please compare it to be sure.

bassgeige
                                    Participant
                                      @bassgeige

Its name is strange btw because this backglass is full sized and not cut (I have a 5/4 screen so it’s perfect for me).

Named “no-grill”, I was thinking it will be a 16/9 cut one without the bottom part because usualy 16/9 backglass for 3 screens cab are named like that.

Which name do you suggest? :-)

bassgeige
                                      Participant
                                        @bassgeige

Let me see what is possible to do. After all other ideas are included I will try to reduce the resolution.

charlieshakur
                                        Participant
                                          @charlieshakur

For my B2s to work latest ihad to get my old B2s enable the grill then download the new one and grill and B2s showed again just with that missing part at the bottom was so weird must be a config file somewhere for the B2s per game ??

Aurel
                                          Participant
                                            @aurel

Which name do you suggest? :-)

I would suggest something like this :

“2scr” or “grill” version 

“3scr” or “no-grill” version 

But again it’s not very important…

And usually it’s done with the same directb2s file using only the setting applied (“grill show” option)

^^

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?