This topic contains 80 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  bassgeige 2 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Author
     dreamtrap 
    Participant

b2s works fine for me i’m only running 1080. however i noticed something very odd with this update. after playing cv when i went to another table no matter what table it was i got terrible ball stutter. soon as i restarted cab it went away?

Jon Osborne 
    Participant

Hi Bassgeige. It is the only one missing. All other table backglasses work. The file names are the same for the backglass and the table file. I’m not sure if my scripting is off, but I copied/pasted it to the script just as instructed. Outside of that I’m a little lost. Thanks for any help! 😁

Maybe it is a good idea to use any copy of any possible dB2S you like and if you rename it to your table name to see if you are able to see the backglass picture itself without an animation, we are sure that the dB2S display process itself is working.

Hi again. I had this new version of CV working with an old DB2S from 2013 but when I switched over to yours I could never get it working. So the B2S function works, but something within your version is not allowing to to display properly. I have a feeeling I did something wrong but I can’t see what that might be. Any chance you can send me the entire script fkr CV through PM so I can try copy/pasting? Thanks!

bassgeige 
    Participant

For my B2s to work latest ihad to get my old B2s enable the grill then download the new one and grill and B2s showed again just with that missing part at the bottom was so weird must be a config file somewhere for the B2s per game ??

The latest selected state is normally always present. You are in the need to select your choice new to fulfill the difference.

bassgeige 
    Participant

Hi. I just tried and it works well! Thank!

Its name is strange btw because this backglass is full sized and not cut (I have a 5/4 screen so it’s perfect for me).

Named “no-grill”, I was thinking it will be a 16/9 cut one without the bottom part because usualy 16/9 backglass for 3 screens cab are named like that.

Which name do you suggest? :-)

I would suggest something like this :

“2scr” or “grill” version 

“3scr” or “no-grill” version 

But again it’s not very important…

And usually it’s done with the same directb2s file using only the setting applied (“grill show” option)

^^

From that point of view you are right. I always had the view from the artwork from the real pinball in mind. Maybe I should have therefore used the name extended or extra grill for the first versions. :-)

bassgeige 
    Participant

Hi Bassgeige. It is the only one missing. All other table backglasses work. The file names are the same for the backglass and the table file. I’m not sure if my scripting is off, but I copied/pasted it to the script just as instructed. Outside of that I’m a little lost. Thanks for any help! 😁

Maybe it is a good idea to use any copy of any possible dB2S you like and if you rename it to your table name to see if you are able to see the backglass picture itself without an animation, we are sure that the dB2S display process itself is working.

Hi again. I had this new version of CV working with an old DB2S from 2013 but when I switched over to yours I could never get it working. So the B2S function works, but something within your version is not allowing to to display properly. I have a feeeling I did something wrong but I can’t see what that might be. Any chance you can send me the entire script fkr CV through PM so I can try copy/pasting? Thanks!

Sure that is always doable. As a quick alternative the fresh install of the table does have the same effect. Your script is new and unmodified. For Knorr‘s table you can copy the script from the corresponding example inside of the zip file and also just paste it after the last script line. Please private message me or just ask here and we solve it together.

bassgeige 
    Participant

b2s works fine for me i’m only running 1080. however i noticed something very odd with this update. after playing cv when i went to another table no matter what table it was i got terrible ball stutter. soon as i restarted cab it went away?

Visual pinball does have a few side effects which may or may not occur from time to time. Do you use a frontend to select your table?

dreamtrap 
    Participant

Do you use a frontend to select your table?

yes pinup. but i ran/tested cv in vpx 1st than went to pinup afterwards to play other tables.

vothar 
    Participant

i have the same problem as @Jon Osborne. all my other old backglass work for cirqus voltaire, but this one didn’t start at all, with or without the script modification in the knorr table (the screen stay black).

i use 3 screens with VPX 10.6 last version, pinSAM 3.2 last version if it can help…  all my other vpx backglasss/table are working…

i use pinballX as front-end, but the problem is still there even if i run the table only from visual pinball X

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Tried this ? https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-night-version/#post-125657

I believe the problem to be : If you run one backglass and hide the grill, then “upgrade” with this one that “requires” grill, you’re in trouble.

bassgeige 
    Participant

If there is a need for a simple dB2S to select a new choice, each functional dB2S from each Table is able to do it after it was renamed. My problem is that for me this need or scenario was never there. Each new dB2S was now submitted without the choice to enable the extra grill. I would have preffered to be able to have this grill option for a later purpose which I now rejected due to the feedback from you. As this problem should be probably visible since the beginning from the dB2S era it left me speechless. My only advice derived from the feedback talking with Jon Osborne to solve the invisible dB2S is to use any other table and test if the dB2S version without an extended grill does load up. For example creature from the black lagoon table which I used as a quick test to examine your described behaviour. After that he used the dB2S again for CV and was able to use it. Every version with an additional grill was still not able to use for him.

I am glad to hear more information and I do hope that this is a rare problem which is as described able to be solved by the rotational usage of any table or any dB2S likely combined with a name change or a new table install and or script control.

anarkizt 
    Participant

edit: wrong thread

killa7977 
    Participant

Holi guys, i’m having problems with the cannon, It simply does not Fire the ball. I can hear the sound but nothing happens. Lighting works fine

bassgeige 
    Participant

Holi guys, i’m having problems with the cannon, It simply does not Fire the ball. I can hear the sound but nothing happens. Lighting works fine

Please share more information like which table and which dB2S do you use?

killa7977 
    Participant

Ok sorry, i totally forgot….

The table Is the knorr’s one, b2s server 1.3.0.2

Backglass i have tried all the ones for knorr’s table

bassgeige 
    Participant

Ok sorry, i totally forgot….

The table Is the knorr’s one, b2s server 1.3.0.2

Backglass i have tried all the ones for knorr’s table

To me not in front of the cabinet right now it seems that this is a script problem. I did not include the script in every dB2S table version. Did you ensure the script is saved with the described modifications?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  bassgeige.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  bassgeige.
     killa7977 
    Participant

i did not knew i should add script lines… i haven’t add anything  :unsure:

can you point me to the right direction? i’m totally noob with this thins  :mail:

thanks in advance mate

bassgeige 
    Participant

All new versions are only completely usable with a modified table script. The script help was submitted in a few downloads which include the separate script changes for Dozer or Knorr tables (for example):

Dozer’s DMD or Mods table dB2S and script changes .zip
    Knorr’s table dB2S and script changes day version.zip
    For Knorr’s table you may also try to use the script extension as latest script entry and not as shown in the script example.

To modify a table script you need to open your vpinballx.exe and close the following table selection dialog. Now open the table of your choice (top left: file followed by open) that is using a modern table DMD. The old none DMD tables are not compatible with the newer dB2S. After you see the table inside the editor you only need to open the script itself also in the top left with the script button. After the script is shown please place for Dozer the script extension where the example does show it. For Knorr you are also able to just paste it to the end of the script.

Please close the vpinballx.exe with the top right “X” and save your changes with the following question dialog.

If everything does work as expected, it does look like this example: https://youtu.be/zDkrtFZjvts

killa7977 
    Participant

Thanks for helping bassgeige, i Will try tomorrow

killa7977 
    Participant

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Would like to thank you bassgeige, now It Is working.</p>
    This community is amazing

Steve G 
    Participant

I have read through this whole support topic and done everything suggested but the only backglass that displays and works for me with Knorr’s table is the one posted on mega.zs by chucky87

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account