Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

@clarkkent

looking forward to the b2s as the table deserves it.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Slydog43
      Participant
        @slydog43

Incredible table, definitely a top table to show off the PinCab.  Thanks for all the hard work.

Great to hear about a B2S coming along as I’m having trouble finding one that will work with Kaboom or whatever its called when you shoot the canon.  I hope the B2s actually functions as this was a cool concept in this masterpiece.  Too bad John P. is such a douche, cause I love his top tables (TOM, TOTAN, CV).  Does anyone know of a b2s that does have working parts?

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

@slydog43 : This one is the closest to a working one for me at least. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2548-cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997zip/

1 user thanked author for this post.
          giovanni1966
          Participant
            @giovanni1966

The table looks fantastic and plays brilliantly. Thank you very much.
            For some reason, the hits on the ringmaster are not counted (only on the side targets). I use the cv_13 rom and deleted the nv ram before.

dazzlaa
            Participant
              @dazzlaa

Had a blast with this today, really does play great!

I am however experiencing a fair amount of stutter when the lighting starts getting active. Hitting a launch skill shot, or triggering multiball , for example. I run natively at 144hz, and was wondering if it was an issue with a mismatch with the lighting timer frequency? I don’t know, just a thought….

Dazz
              Participant
                @dazz

Beautiful job, guys. Table plays great and looks fan-freakin-tastic!

Run into an issues…
                Most notably – big ball come loose during multi-ball.

Also, the big ball doesn’t seem to have any weight to it when the balls hit it.

cirq_bigball

Knorr
                Participant
                  @knorr
                  vipContributor

The table looks fantastic and plays brilliantly. Thank you very much.

For some reason, the hits on the ringmaster are not counted (only on the side targets). I use the cv_13 rom and deleted the nv ram before.

You need to enable or disable (not quit sure) the top eddy boards in the rom settings. But also keep in mind that this feature is not in every rom because it was added later. Also the real one had problems with the ringmaster hits especially with fast balls.

I use the home rom.

Knorr
                  Participant
                    @knorr
                    vipContributor

For those who have problems with stopping flipper finger: install latest pinmame

For those who have that pink shading on the playfield… It’s actually the 3d primitive playfield:

Install latest 10.6 beta

Knorr
                    Participant
                      @knorr
                      vipContributor

Beautiful job, guys. Table plays great and looks fan-freakin-tastic!

Run into an issues…

Most notably – big ball come loose during multi-ball.

Also, the big ball doesn’t seem to have any weight to it when the balls hit it.

cirq_bigball

I will take a look at it. I guess this could happen since I never put a full roof on top.

roccodimarco
                      Participant
                        @roccodimarco

“Had a blast with this today, really does play great!

I am however experiencing a fair amount of stutter when the lighting starts getting active. Hitting a launch skill shot, or triggering multiball , for example. I run natively at 144hz, and was wondering if it was an issue with a mismatch with the lighting timer frequency? I don’t know, just a thought…”

I too get some big time stutters during the skill shot, and I had the multiball with four or five balls (forget how many) and that was some major slow down/ stuttering.  I fear it may be time to get a new graphics card soon (again). What a brilliant table.   I loaded it up and said out loud, “Whoa.  This is amazing.”

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw
                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

The issues with most of the existing B2S is that they use ID’s 45 and 46 for launching the ball and rotating the wheel.  In Knorr’s version, these are assigned to playfield insert lights (not sure why these aren’t an issue in the previous version, must have something to do with how the lights are assigned).

There is a great B2S already posted here by @bassgeige.  I sent him a note about the issue, hopefully he’s around to fix it and post an update.  I’ve already updated it for my own personal use, but don’t feel comfortable posting without bassgeige’s permission.  I simply updated ID’s 45 and 46 with 170 and 179 in the both the b2s editor and code updates he’s posted along with the table.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                          Draifet
                          Participant
                            @draifet

Thanks for this beautiful table, I like it very much, I was following the WIP since the start and I’m very happy to be able to play it now.

A question with the backglass, I read that u have problems with it too, but I’m curious abouit if it is working fine for someone. I downloaded bassgeige db2s from here, and when I start the table on attract mode the lights and the cannon is working all the time, but when I go to the Side slideshow on the game and I have to use the cannon, then it’s not working.

Thanks, for your awesome work, I can thank u enough all your efforts.

Edit: THanks for the explanation @rothbauerw  I was writting my post meanwhile.

Nemo
                            Participant
                              @nemo

Absolute stunning table ! What a lightshow, table plays silky smooth and physics are superb.

Man this is one good looking and playing table !

Thanks ALL for this Super Gem  :heart:

giovanni1966
                              Participant
                                @giovanni1966

Thank you. That was the right hint:

Feature Adjustment 46 in the rom to NO and the ring master work properly

vogliadicane
                                Participant
                                  @vogliadicane

This table is incredible. Knew that, when following the wip thread. And as I stated there, it feels like VP 12. The lighting is so sick. Reflections everywhere… :good:   :good:   :good:   :good:

Super cool work, Knorr, Clark Kent, Randr and Dark. And ALL others somehow involved. This is a masterpiece to demonstrate synergy at its best.

Jopp
                                  Participant
                                    @joppnl

Well…Is that the best you’ve got???  :yahoo:

Fantastic Job! this looks and plays awesome, a big THANKS to the contributers of this beauty.

During gameplay I did see 2 minor things:

1st: the 2 yellow flashers have a real strange effect. And there is a kind og yellow rectangle on the pf when it flashes.
                                    Might be that I’m not on the very very latest Beta (stopped updating when there were severe problems) so might be my setup, will check that later.

2nd: ball stuck just behind the yellow left-of-ringmaster target. (see screenshot)

A little cab shaking could loosen it but may-be something for the next update

Again, thank you for this masterpiece!!  :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

fissional
                                    Participant
                                      @fissional

Thank you for this table guys!  This is my new go-to ‘demo’ table for guests.  I love my AFM/Addams/T2 but This one is really amazing.  The physics seem great to me and it is visually stunning.

In the rulesheet on ipdb:
                                      ‘Ringmaster loop. It’s the same loop that’s on Theatre of Magic but only
                                      on the right side of the playfield. Used to light the spin marvel. One
                                      of the jackpots during Highwire Multiball. Weak counterclockwise
                                      shots may drain SDTM.’

^The ball gets sent SDTM almost everytime!  It’s great being able to save knowing about that and having it actually happen.

One thing I’ve had happen a few times is a weird thing where the left flipper rubber turns white.

I don’t know if it is during a certain mode/after certain # of balls yet. (only played it twice so far) but I have a screenshot here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QtzU4ajBqnAuj9yw6

Thanks again for all the amazing hard work!

Mark70
                                      Participant
                                        @mark70

Looks just incredible, and plays fantastic!
                                        Thanks Knorr and all involved for another outstanding release.

senseless
                                        Participant
                                          @senseless

Awesome work Knorr and the team :yahoo:

vothar
                                          Participant
                                            @vothar

Thank you for this table guys! This is my new go-to ‘demo’ table for guests. I love my AFM/Addams/T2 but This one is really amazing. The physics seem great to me and it is visually stunning.

In the rulesheet on ipdb:

‘Ringmaster loop. It’s the same loop that’s on Theatre of Magic but only

on the right side of the playfield. Used to light the spin marvel. One

of the jackpots during Highwire Multiball. Weak counterclockwise

shots may drain SDTM.’

^The ball gets sent SDTM almost everytime! It’s great being able to save knowing about that and having it actually happen.

One thing I’ve had happen a few times is a weird thing where the left flipper rubber turns white.

I don’t know if it is during a certain mode/after certain # of balls yet. (only played it twice so far) but I have a screenshot here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QtzU4ajBqnAuj9yw6

Thanks again for all the amazing hard work!

great table but i can confirm the already reported issue : ball stuck just behind the yellow left-of-ringmaster target. (see screenshot). i got the same problem

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 261 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?