Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    htamas
    Participant
      @htamas

As it was said by many, this table is without doubt one of the best ones I have ever seen in VP. Perhaps even the best  :yes:

Awesome job. Thanks so much.

Interestingly, it is also the rendition on which I was able to make the circus in my third game, which never happened with earlier versions… let alone the real machine. So if anything, it is perhaps a little too easy :) – and I’m not really a too good pinball player.

Al
      Participant
        @alandee

From WIP to CAB .. it was great following along with your precision and dedication, and now it’s awesome playing the final result. Thanks so much for sharing this sectacular build. It really is remarkable, and pushes the boundaries of realism.

Dazz
        Participant
          @dazz

Thanks for this beautiful table, I like it very much, I was following the WIP since the start and I’m very happy to be able to play it now.

A question with the backglass, I read that u have problems with it too, but I’m curious abouit if it is working fine for someone. I downloaded bassgeige db2s from here, and when I start the table on attract mode the lights and the cannon is working all the time, but when I go to the Side slideshow on the game and I have to use the cannon, then it’s not working.

Thanks, for your awesome work, I can thank u enough all your efforts.

Edit: THanks for the explanation @rothbauerw I was writting my post meanwhile.

I tried this update along with the updated db2s from bassgeige.  Not able to get the b2s to display now where it was previously.  Any ideas?

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

@dazz, Thalamus had a similar issue.  He thought it was an issue with having the grill hidden.  Either go back to the old b2s and unhide the grill or edit your B2STableSettings.xml to unhide it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Pinhead22
            Participant
              @pinhead22

Wow!! Awesome job! Thanks sooo much for sharing!

RallyRally
              Participant
                @rallyrally

Stunning visuals and plays great except for some excessive lateral ball spin. CV is now not just a game but an experience, thank you!

Dazz
                Participant
                  @dazz

@dazz, Thalamus had a similar issue. He thought it was an issue with having the grill hidden. Either go back to the old b2s and unhide the grill or edit your B2STableSettings.xml to unhide it.

Yup, definitely has something to do with the Grill. Hopefully it can get sorted as I think the speakers look pretty ugly on this backglass.  Thanks for the tip.

stuntcat
                  Participant
                    @stuncat

Brilliant!!

Skitso
                    Participant
                      @skitso

Thank you so much for this table for Knorr and the whole team. I’ve been waiting this for as long as I can remember and it’s just… amazing. One of the most perfect recreations on VPX.

One small issue I found:  “I” in SPIN insert lights is incorrectly assigned. (It’s an easy fix, it’s just assigned to L52 and not L53 as it should, if I remember correctly)

The table also doesn’t register hits directly to the ringmaster but only the yellow switches next to it. I couldn’t find a way to fix this… anyone have any ideas?

Knorr
                      Participant
                        @knorr
                        vipContributor

Thank you so much for this table for Knorr and the whole team. I’ve been waiting this for as long as I can remember and it’s just… amazing. One of the most perfect recreations on VPX.

One small issue I found: “I” in SPIN insert lights is incorrectly assigned. (It’s an easy fix, it’s just assigned to L52 and not L53 as it should, if I remember correctly)

The table also doesn’t register hits directly to the ringmaster but only the yellow switches next to it. I couldn’t find a way to fix this… anyone have any ideas?

Feature Adjustment 46 in the (home)rom to NO and the ring master work properly

Knorr
                        Participant
                          @knorr
                          vipContributor

Well…Is that the best you’ve got???  :yahoo:

Fantastic Job! this looks and plays awesome, a big THANKS to the contributers of this beauty.

During gameplay I did see 2 minor things:

1st: the 2 yellow flashers have a real strange effect. And there is a kind og yellow rectangle on the pf when it flashes.
                          Might be that I’m not on the very very latest Beta (stopped updating when there were severe problems) so might be my setup, will check that later.

2nd: ball stuck just behind the yellow left-of-ringmaster target. (see screenshot)

A little cab shaking could loosen it but may-be something for the next update

Again, thank you for this masterpiece!!  :good:

@randr

can this happen on the real table… i never questioned that since this is a empty space. i can put a small wall there so the ball can go down without shaking…

Kernel
                          Participant
                            @kern

WOW! This is probably the best VPX table ever made! I’ll be forever devoted to all devs and the so talented authors, Knorr, Clark Kent, Randr, Dark!
                            Sadly I experience heavy stuttering (mostly when lightnings kicks in) as other noticed.
                            I have an i7 4790k@4.8GHz and a GTX 1080. When this happens I see FPS dropping from 300+ to 100 or less. Is there anything I can do? I’m using a plain desktop configuration, no B2s and no external hardware/toys.

Gwen
                            Participant
                              @gwen

Thanks so much Knorr for this beautiful table!  The physics feel great and the lighting work is just incredible =)

Gwen
                              - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Knorr
                              Participant
                                @knorr
                                vipContributor

WOW! This is probably the best VPX table ever made! I’ll be forever devoted to all devs and the so talented authors, Knorr, Clark Kent, Randr, Dark!

Sadly I experience heavy stuttering (mostly when lightnings kicks in) as other noticed.

I have an i7 4790k@4.8GHz and a GTX 1080. When this happens I see FPS dropping from 300+ to 100 or less. Is there anything I can do? I’m using a plain desktop configuration, no B2s and no external hardware/toys.

Well the table is a bit heavy. It’s from the building part it’s almost doubled, and from the texture side it’s fourfold.

However, it should run smooth since I build it in VMware with a hd4000 (no vsync). In my cab I only have a gtx960 and an old i5(with vsync).

Please let me know if you found a solution.

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

New dB2S with scanned backglass and never seen before scanned backglass plastic also in the works…

Who will release it, knorr/you or another Guy ?
                                  And WHEN ? B-)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

73CE9346-10E1-4670-BDDA-0AB1427CEBA8 @knorr no never gets stuck look at pic it’s missing a stand-off for the rubber

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

Knorr
                                    Participant
                                      @knorr
                                      vipContributor

73CE9346-10E1-4670-BDDA-0AB1427CEBA8 @knorr no never gets stuck look at pic it’s missing a stand-off for the rubber

Haha, never saw that. I’ll put it in. Thx!!! :good:

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

I never noticed either!!!!! i was looking at everything else on the table…its so nice i was distracted i guess even my wife when playing she was loosing the ball due to looking at all the details :)

for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
                                        Participant
                                          @clarkkent
                                          MemberContributor

This seems to be a user defined modification. There is no such thing in the manual.

screenshot

And there is also none on this machine…

screen1

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

I’m  sure it was a technical bulletin just like the trunk post mod on TOM.

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 261 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?