Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

Terrific table, super build and flipper physics are very good, allows for accurate shots.  As Ive stated in the facebook post about this release (and others have also stated) it does play on the easy side a bit, got to the wizard mode on ball one of first or second game.  THe physics are great except it doesn’t make you pay the price when you miss a shot.  Really, some tables though you almost want to explore all the modes and shots so it’s not totally bad if its too easy lol.  Someone on facebook mentioned that there are harder settings so I’ll explore the script to see.

Its important to me that this post doesn’t come across as negative, just saying my opinion on the difficulty so that if it’s ever looked at in the future, its something to consider.

This was a legendary WIP and now its a legendary release.  Look at all the comments on this thread in just a few days!  This is a true sign on the health of our hobby when we start getting “legendary” releases semi-regularly!  Some awesome releases, and awesome VPX updates the past couple of years.  Everyone involved, THANK YOU!

sale
      Participant
        @starac

Ball missing 1.1

error 5 time

Skyrider
        Participant
          @skyrider

Thank you so much for all the hard work on this table! It looks and plays fantastic! :-)

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Ball missing 1.1

error 5 time

You need to provide more info.  IF the ball is missing during gameplay ensure you take a screenshot and indentify the area where the ball goes missing

help the author help you my friend

Knorr
            Participant
              @knorr
              vipContributor

Terrific table, super build and flipper physics are very good, allows for accurate shots.  As Ive stated in the facebook post about this release (and others have also stated) it does play on the easy side a bit, got to the wizard mode on ball one of first or second game.  THe physics are great except it doesn’t make you pay the price when you miss a shot.  Really, some tables though you almost want to explore all the modes and shots so it’s not totally bad if its too easy lol.  Someone on facebook mentioned that there are harder settings so I’ll explore the script to see.

Its important to me that this post doesn’t come across as negative, just saying my opinion on the difficulty so that if it’s ever looked at in the future, its something to consider.

This was a legendary WIP and now its a legendary release.  Look at all the comments on this thread in just a few days!  This is a true sign on the health of our hobby when we start getting “legendary” releases semi-regularly!  Some awesome releases, and awesome VPX updates the past couple of years.  Everyone involved, THANK YOU!

Thanks for the feedback.

Keep in mind that i build this table for my kids in the first place.  I think raising the difficult in the settings does work well. Also take a look at the table physic settings and increase scatter / decrease pf friction for more randomness…

cheers

Edit: I also would like to see such discussion here instead of facebook (which i dont use…)

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

The target audience is always important :).    I will look into your recommendations, thanks and appreciate the response.  Even if I change nothing I can’t overstate what an incredible job you and the rest of the team have done.  You can tell it’s a well build table, it doesn’t just look good

sure thing, there’s a release thread on a couple of the Facebook groups. I’ll drop a line there to indicate you would appreciate comments and suggestions be posted in this release thread

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Zedixair
                Participant
                  @zedixair

Thank you everybody for this masterpiece !

Paulo Carvalho
                  Participant
                    @paulohotline

Love the table thank you so much. The flippers are getting stuck in up mode when I launch a ball. Using VPX Ver 10.6.0 Rev 3541. Do I need to upgrade? Thanks!

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                    http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                    "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

One of two possible reasons. First being that this is the first time you run this exact rom and vpinmame isn’t really happy when it starts and finds no nvram. Restart all over again and you should be fine. Secondly, and this is probably the reason, because there’s been a while since I saw you around. You need to update to 10.6 of VPX and get the newest pinmame. Currently they both seems fine so jump into it is my advice.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=43489

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

Use drop-down box on the right to select the latest.

Zedixair
                      Participant
                        @zedixair

After a few games, I’m more than speechless… What a great table to watch and to play !  :yahoo:

But I also had an issue / a bug with it (I’m playing table in 1.1 version):

I activated a final “duel” against the Ringmaster (I think it was my second ball, and I was playing this game since about 10/12 minutes), and then, the music suddenly stopped, and the sound effects, which normally play from my under playfield speakers, were after that playing on my backglass speakers…

I won the duel, then lost the ball, but the music didn’t came back.

I played again 3 balls in the same game (because of Extra Balls), and the only sounds I had were sound effects (rolling ball, etc). When the game was finished, I closed the table, then relaunched it, and the issue was gone, so I guess the issue was related to the event on the table (duel against the ringmaster).

Did someone else noticed this problem ? Is there a fix ?

Knorr
                        Participant
                          @knorr
                          vipContributor

Looks Great! Flippers don’t work. anyone know how to change it credits and instead of free mode that its currently on..

Try the 20hc rom

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/cirqus-voltaire-roms/

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997/page/6/#post-125729

And

See The post above

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

After a few games, I’m more than speechless… What a great table to watch and to play ! :yahoo:

I won the duel, then lost the ball, but the music didn’t came back.

I played again 3 balls in the same game (because of Extra Balls), and the only sounds I had were sound effects (rolling ball, etc). When the game was finished, I closed the table, then relaunched it, and the issue was gone, so I guess the issue was related to the event on the table (duel against the ringmaster).

Did someone else noticed this problem ? Is there a fix ?

I don’t think there is anything authors or end users can do with that. I’ve seen it happen a few times. It is pinmame that just craps out. Sometime, and very seldom too, you can get the sound back in the same game, but, if will often end in something odd or a crash. It is actually better to play the round out hoping that it doesn’t return for this reason if you care about high scores. I believe Knorr gave the best answer though. Experiment with different roms if this happens again. I’m pretty sure it is not releated to a special event in the table. But, I can be wrong.

DGPG35
                              Participant
                                @dgpg35

After messing with it on my vpin cab I installed all the latest software on my gaming pc (rtx 2080ti) and pretty much had a locked 300 fps at 4K (plus some nice coil whine) but I noticed a few issues.

• Side walls will vanish here and there (in DT view)
                                • Boom balloon will sometimes have a metal ring present after the target/bumper drops back down
                                • Several balls will come out at once when launching first ball of a new game (required exit/escape to fix)

Other than those issues (after about an hour of play) this table is amazing, the light show is unreal.

Once that new BG is released this will likely be my go to table (CV was already one of my favorites but now… :yahoo: ).

Thanks again to all involved for this stunning table, we are so fortunate to have people with these skills and dedication to the hobby.

:good: :good:   :good:

Knorr
                                Participant
                                  @knorr
                                  vipContributor

After messing with it on my vpin cab I installed all the latest software on my gaming pc (rtx 2080ti) and pretty much had a locked 300 fps at 4K (plus some nice coil whine) but I noticed a few issues.

• Boom balloon will sometimes have a metal ring present after the target/bumper drops back down
                                  • Several balls will come out at once when launching first ball of a new game (required exit/escape to fix)

Other than those issues (after about an hour of play) this table is amazing, the light show is unreal.

Once that new BG is released this will likely be my go to table (CV was already one of my favorites but now… :yahoo: ).

Thanks again to all involved for this stunning table, we are so fortunate to have people with these skills and dedication to the hobby.

1. Sound like a memory problem… be sure to have enough ram and dont limit “max texture dimension” in the video settings.

2. The boom balloon is actually a primtive with a animation for each of its parts. I will take a look if i can make it more solid.

3.Not quit sure why this happens. Seems very random at the moment. Please try a different rom set for the moment.

Thanks for the feedback!

DGPG35
                                  Participant
                                    @dgpg35

1. Sound like a memory problem… be sure to have enough ram and dont limit “max texture dimension” in the video settings.

2. The boom balloon is actually a primtive with a animation for each of its parts. I will take a look if i can make it more solid.

3.Not quit sure why this happens. Seems very random at the moment. Please try a different rom set for the moment.

Thanks for the feedback!

Knorr,

1. I have 16gb of system ram (11gb of vram on 2080ti) and the max texture dimension is not limited in the video settings.

I think that I have all of the known roms for CV, not sure which one it is using atm but will take a look and see.

Thank you for the response.

Skitso
                                    Participant
                                      @skitso

Thank you so much for this table for Knorr and the whole team. I’ve been waiting this for as long as I can remember and it’s just… amazing. One of the most perfect recreations on VPX.

One small issue I found: “I” in SPIN insert lights is incorrectly assigned. (It’s an easy fix, it’s just assigned to L52 and not L53 as it should, if I remember correctly)

The table also doesn’t register hits directly to the ringmaster but only the yellow switches next to it. I couldn’t find a way to fix this… anyone have any ideas?

Feature Adjustment 46 in the (home)rom to NO and the ring master work properly

Oh, I wasn’t aware that the factory setting is that the ringmaster is disabled. Thanks, It just feels better to be able to smack him in the face! :)

Btw, I’ve noticed a small issue: when the ringmaster is in the upper position and the ringmaster hole is visible, hard direct shots some times send the ball directly through the table and gets stuck in the right side of the table until the table checks for stuck balls.  (check the image below) Not a biggie, but something that maybe should be fixed if possible.

Thanks again knorr, I love this table!

Image1

Snake
                                      Participant
                                        @snake

First of all thanks for your hard work but i have some problems with this table. I am using VP 10.6 beta and VPinMAME 3.2 beta but my table looks like this:

cv

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Obviously, that isn’t looking how it is supposed to. Tried re-downloading table ?

L0stS0ul
                                          Participant
                                            @l0sts0ul

Could that be a Radeon card that needs the alternate depth buffer setting?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 261 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?