• This topic has 257 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Marcio.
Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 258 total)
  • Author
    Bigmike20vt
    Participant
    @bigmike20vt

This table looks truly magnificent.

I have not tried it yet but am wondering if i should not get my hopes up too much.  am running a haswell i3 with GTX 660ti running the table and the DMD and the onboard running the back glass.  i am thinking my pc may refuse to run it.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Yeah the 660 may not be enough. Check simple stuff like try turning of windows defender completely and see if it helps at all but yeah maybe time for a new video card of tweaks don’t help

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
    scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

Well…Is that the best you’ve got??? :yahoo:

Fantastic Job! this looks and plays awesome, a big THANKS to the contributers of this beauty.

During gameplay I did see 2 minor things:

1st: the 2 yellow flashers have a real strange effect. And there is a kind og yellow rectangle on the pf when it flashes.

Might be that I’m not on the very very latest Beta (stopped updating when there were severe problems) so might be my setup, will check that later.

2nd: ball stuck just behind the yellow left-of-ringmaster target. (see screenshot)

A little cab shaking could loosen it but may-be something for the next update

Again, thank you for this masterpiece!! :good:

Brilliant table!  :good:

Had the same issue with the weird dark rectangle on the playfield when yellow flashers went off. For me at least it was a POV thing. The rectangle seems to come down the playfield as inclination lowers. Inclination at 5 i could see it similar to Jopp, upped it bit by bit and by 10 and it’d gone away.

dexje
    Participant
    @dexje

i´m still looking for an answer :unsure:

thanks for the great table :)

Is there a way to disable the face changing of the ringmaster?

Try commenting anything with “ringmaster.image” in the script.

worked :) thank you for the hint! :good:

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

Yeah, the yellow rectangle you guys mentioned is the same effect I was talking about a page or two ago.

Bigmike20vt
    Participant
    @bigmike20vt

Hi

Well I have downloaded this and I gotta say this has to be one of the best recreations I have ever seen. Also I am pleased to say incase anyone with weaker systems is reading…. It is playable with my i3 and gtx 660ti . I turned down a few settings and sure it stutters ever so slightly on occasion but it is far more than playable.

Imo all of these recreations are mini works of art but this one tops the lot (for now) ;)

Let’s see what next week brings :) :good:

DJRobX
    @djrobx
    MemberModerator

Zedixair wrote: After a few games, I’m more than speechless… What a great table to watch and to play ! I won the duel, then lost the ball, but the music didn’t came back. I played again 3 balls in the same game (because of Extra Balls), and the only sounds I had were sound effects (rolling ball, etc). When the game was finished, I closed the table, then relaunched it, and the issue was gone, so I guess the issue was related to the event on the table (duel against the ringmaster). Did someone else noticed this problem ? Is there a fix ? I don’t think there is anything authors or end users can do with that. I’ve seen it happen a few times. It is pinmame that just craps out. Sometime, and very seldom too, you can get the sound back in the same game, but, if will often end in something odd or a crash. It is actually better to play the round out hoping that it doesn’t return for this reason if you care about high scores. I believe Knorr gave the best answer though. Experiment with different roms if this happens again. I’m pretty sure it is not releated to a special event in the table. But, I can be wrong.

I used to see this very, very often when re-launching WPC tables without exiting VP9/VPX (that is, quit back to the editor and start the table again).   The game plays fine, but sound would just stop working at some point.      If I then exit VPX and restart it from my front end, I can play all day long without the sound stopping.

I see it much less often these days but I’m sure it still happens.   The other thing that often happens if you don’t fully reload is the flippers may get very laggy/sticky.

bjschneider93
    Participant
    @bjschneider93

I had a similar issue today but it happened when I locked a ball in the juggler. The ball rolling sound went away.  It came back when I locked a 2nd ball and went way again when I drained. Until I exited the table and restarted I only had rolling sounds every other ball

the table is absolutely fantastic though

Pinbolt
    Participant
    @pinbolt

Thank you Knorr for this beautiful table, looks so real. The DMD in the table(DT) is fantastic.

But I have the problem with the side walls, when the flasher begins the walls vanish and then visible again.

I use the DT view.

THanks for help

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

@pinbolt

I don’t believe this is caused by the flashers. Please try to lower the general illumination in the rom settings. Almost everthing is twice in this table. The gi does blend between “off” and “on” wall.

I’m still not quite sure why this happens but as soon as you start to limit textures vp tends to have render issues.

Please reported back.

TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

Again kudos Knorr. You do a lot of great work in this hobby.

Pinbolt
    Participant
    @pinbolt

@Knorr.

I spended my last hour in the CircusVoltaire rom. I found “Allow Dim Illumin”, only.

I tested the settings “no”, the same problem. I think that was not the right setting?

Would you like to show me the right way to the general illumination in the rom settings, please?

regards pinbolt

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

@Knorr.

I spended my last hour in the CircusVoltaire rom. I found “Allow Dim Illumin”, only.

I tested the settings “no”, the same problem. I think that was not the right setting?

Would you like to show me the right way to the general illumination in the rom settings, please?

regards pinbolt

open the coin door and go to the rom settings “test menu”. Then search for “generall illumination” and choose it. After that you can cycle through the 8 steps for each area.

Which gfx card are you using?

Blindpeser
    Participant
    @blindpeser

Thanks for that beauty! It just looks and plays awesome!

Bram1982
    Participant
    @bram1982

Very nice… very nice indeed!  :good: It really shows that experts where working on this! Works great in VR too with only some minor brightness and contrast adjustments and just an added textbox on the backdrop to get the DMD working.

I did reset to default physics because after ball launch, the ball would almost always ricochet straight down in between the flippers. I don’t know the original table, but I cant imagine that’s supposed to be like that.

/edit
    Just had the ball get stuck into the ringmasters head, just as it was pushed up. Half of the ball was inside his face at around the height of his eyes. The ball got ejected after a few moments anyways, but it looked very weird. Apart from this the table works really nice!!!

Pinbolt
    Participant
    @pinbolt

I tested a lot of VPX Beta and it works now.

When the flasher light the left and right walls looks like the wooden floor in the gameing room.

Maybe it was just an optical illusion for me.

Your table is absolute amazing.

Thanks for your help Knorr.

regards

pinbolt

Mindwipe
    Participant
    @mindwipe

Hi all, I lost the playfield DMD. When I ran this table initially the DMD worked (in both desktop and cab mode). I then exited the table and ran the other Cirqus Voltaire table just to compare the two visually. I exited that one and went back into this table. Now the playfield DMD is off and the standard DMD window appears. I can turn that off, but the playfield DMD is still blank. I did not alter the script, DMDOFF = 0.  Any ideas what’s causing the playfield DMD from not displaying? Thanks in advance.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Not sure how that could happen. Did you exit vp completely and reload the table? Running through vp directly?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Mindwipe
    Participant
    @mindwipe

Not sure how that could happen. Did you exit vp completely and reload the table? Running through vp directly?

I did not exit vp completely at first but then yes several times. I think it might be a b2scontroller issue. When I ran the other Cirqus Voltaire table I got a b2scontroller script error. So I re-registered the B2SBackglassServerRegisterApp which did the trick as the table ran, but then when I went back into this table the playfield DMD was no longer displaying.

— update —  Ok, so I removed all the B2S* files from the tables directory. The playfield DMD works again, Yay! Seems like there’s a problem with the B2S backglass somewhere.

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

Did you update the script with the text info included with the backglass?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 258 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW