Clash, The (Original 2018)

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    mccorkled
    Participant
      @mccorkled

That did it! I know what I’m doing tonight ;)

Thank you all for your help.

Onevox
      Participant
        @rooster

Glad you got it going. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for pitching in.

Onevox

dondi
        Participant
          @dondi

GREAT Table!!! I’m setting-up for a cab build and loading everything up. Got many platforms going and various flavors of tables and PUP packs going. This table threw me a curveball though. I have 3 screens + Pin2DMD for my setup. I didn’t realize until I had to enter my initials at the end of the game, that my DMD is only showing about two-thirds of the DMD. Here is a shot of it on my DMD:

IMG_20200201_222132

I went into backglass settings and also VPX settings for the table (F1), and for kicks, configured it to show in the BG grill. However, I’d rather maximize my 16:10 BG real estate for the backglass and have the DMD on the DMD.

IMG_20200201_223119

I’ve never seen a partial DMD show-up on the DMD. What can I try to fix this? (BTW – these images are the Table running straight-up in VPX – no front-end)

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Nice touch having the Roland in the background!

Onevox
            Participant
              @rooster

I’m not an expert on how DMDs decide character width, but I don’t think there’s a way to compress the Gottlieb System 80B  twenty character 7-segment displays  into a 128×32 dot DMD. Someone with a DMD may have a workaround for this or know a setting. I use a monitor for my DMD, so not much help.  Try loading Genesis, TX-Sector, or Hollywood Heat tables, all 80B games, and see if the result is the same. Let me know here what you learn. Thanks.

BTW: when I tried Freezy’s on this game, I saw the same as your DMD.

Onevox

topper-2k
              Participant
                @topper-2k

Really fun table and I love the Clash theme!

I’m having a couple issues with the table though and I’m hoping someone can help.

1 – When I load the table via my front end (PinballY) it starts with a ball loaded. I have to shoot it and let it drain before I can start a game. This doesn’t happen if I start the table directly in VP. Also doesn’t happen with any other table launched with PinballY.

2 – The DMD doesn’t seem to be working correctly. I’m running an LCD virtual DMD with Freezy and his DMDext to enable alphanumeric display. My DMD screen looks like a normal alphanumeric display, but in the top left corner of my backglass, there’s what looks like a tiny version of the DMD frame that’s supposed to be behind the DMD. I can’t click, drag or resize this tiny DMD frame. How do I position and resize it so it’s on my virtual DMD screen?

Thanks!

Onevox
                Participant
                  @rooster

I run PinballY too and don’t see that. I’ll check again and see if I can figure it out. 2. Trying turning off external DMD for this table via F1 and let me know what happens. I dont use freezys on this because I like the radio image on the dmd.

glad you like it.

Onevox

topper-2k
                  Participant
                    @topper-2k

It does seem to be related to Freezy external DMD. It doesn’t appear to be limited to PinballY like I originally thought.

If i disable the external dmd, I don’t get the weird ball loading behavior at launch.

But the tiny immovable DMD screen in the corner of the backglass persists.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Picture please.

Onevox
                      Participant
                        @rooster

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37585

The answer may be here.  I like that we’re talking about The Clash and your username is Topper. I’m sort of hoping you’re THE Topper, Nicky.  :)

Onevox

topper-2k
                        Participant
                          @topper-2k

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37585

The answer may be here. I like that we’re talking about The Clash and your username is Topper. I’m sort of hoping you’re THE Topper, Nicky. :)

Hah! The two are coincidental. My profile name had nothing to do with The Clash, well… maybe now I’ll say it does ;)

I don’t think the discussion in that thread is the issue because my other DMDs are fine. And the DMD I’m talking about seeing on the backglass is more like a DMD “frame” I don’t know how else to describe it. This thing: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=66533&id=13705&full=1

My game room is getting painted and the cab is under a drop cloth. I should be able to get to it tonight to take the pic that Thalamus requested.

Onevox
                          Participant
                            @rooster

Ah, yes. the military grade Radio Clash amp and scoring device. :) Are you also seeing the rusty speaker grilles on either side? That would tell me, that when you right click the back glass,  you need to change grill to hidden.

Onevox

topper-2k
                            Participant
                              @topper-2k

Here’s what I’m seeing. I tried turning off the grill in the backglass settings. It didn’t change anything.

Onevox
                              Participant
                                @rooster

Curious.

Let’s start with some basic stuff. What are the LED settings in your B2S SetUP file in the tables folder? X,Y, X offset, Y offset. I looks like your settings are off. Like the LED dims are small with no X offset.

My B2S settings (right click BG) are hidden, hidden, visible.

With freezy’s disabled, it should look like this:

IMG_1695

Onevox

topper-2k
                                Participant
                                  @topper-2k

Curious.

Let’s start with some basic stuff. What are the LED settings in your B2S SetUP file in the tables folder? X,Y, X offset, Y offset. I looks like your settings are off. Like the LED dims are small with no X offset.

My B2S settings (right click BG) are hidden, hidden, visible.

With freezy’s disabled, it should look like this:

IMG_1695

Backglass x and y are both 0.

LED width: 0
                                  LED Height: 0
                                  LED Display X Offset: 1
                                  LED Display Y Offset: 0

I don’t recall ever touching these settings. Is this typical or is something off?

My BG settings are hidden, hidden, visible. Same as yours.

topper-2k
                                  Participant
                                    @topper-2k

OK, adjusting those B2s LED width height and x offset seems to have done the trick. No idea why I haven’t run into this on any other tables. Maybe because I’m running Freezy on most of them?

Onevox
                                    Participant
                                      @rooster

Glad you got it working!

Yes. B2S allows external DMD controllers like Freezys (hence the F1 check box) to override the default but you should still have the default settings to match. There is similar DMD art on other alphanumeric games  like BTTF and Bad Cats, and BBBB, and maybe A13.  I always turn off external DMD on those games as well cause I like to get as close to real as possible . And now that your b2s settings work, they will for those games as well if you want the DMD art.

pete

Onevox

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?