Close Encounters (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Close Encounters (Gottlieb 1978)

Gottlieb’s 1978 Close Encounters, solid state version, continues my collection of system 1 tables.  I happened to pick up a Close Encounters parts cabinet that included a somewhat warped playfield in otherwise decent shape that I stripped down and scanned for the starting point for this.

Includes, nfozzy’s FastFlips flippers, rothbauerw’s Ball Control script, ninuzzu’s ball shadow routine (turn on or off at top of script, off by default), some logic and sound effect (roto target movement) from pinuck’s vp9 table, and vp10.4 surround sound scripting.

File includes an nvram file that sets the replay values to what is shown on the cards, place in vpinmamenvram folder.  Note, this is also set for extra ball play, so while the desktop and backglass will show “Number to Match” the display won’t show match numbers as they are not in effect in add-a-ball mode. I could have scripted around that, but I checked my real system 1 machines and the Number to Match light is wired directly with the Game Over light, and does the same thing.

Thanks to hauntfreaks for some primitive and graphics work and play testing.

Had fun making the roto target primitives and getting it all to work and animate.  It’s actually 15 seperate primitives all rotating together so that I could animate the individual ones when hit.

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

this is an awesome addition to anyone cab… great detail as always, super satisfying roto-target hit animation
        all the little primitive details might be missed but all combined they just make for a much more realistic game play
        GREAT job Borgie  :good: :yahoo: :good:

side note:
        Borg sent me the some BG images last week… and I’ve started the B2S… it will be coming very soon

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Sven34
        Participant
          @sven34

Thank you  BorgDog for Encounters  :good:

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

heres my landscape POV settings…

CE_landscape_POV

2 users thanked author for this post.
            BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

Hey, what’s that High Score to Date in the middle of your screen?

edit: fixed, uploaded version 0.991 that also includes haunts landscape POV file

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

that was a screenshot from the last test version…

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

Very nice table and the rotating wheel looks also very well.
                  I like these Alien, UFO, Space themed tables.

Thanks!

arconovum
                  Participant
                    @nicholaschristopher
                    MemberContributor

Oh very nice borgdog.. I love it when authors put a bit of realistic old playfield images.. make it more real when you play.  :good:

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Nice CLEAN build as always borgdog thanks for the table!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Wow. – The great Pinuck table finally now in VPX, and even release by BorgDog and HF ! Now this is exciting news. Thank you so much guys. A while back I remember I saw a post by Ben saying how he admired Pinuck’ tables. I downloaded and I was amazed what Pinuck was able to do on VP9. Now, seeing my …I must admit favorite EM and graphics guy releasing this table together. I can’t be anything less than excited to give it a try.

Thank you – I’m sure this is going to be a jewel in the collection. :heart:

Now … I’m tapping my feets waiting for Loserman to release his EMs. I’m sure that is going to feel like x-mas … or better.

Scotty VH
                          @scottt
                          ModeratorMember

BorgDog!!!! Fine work here and I love the roto-targets!  Thanks so much!

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

Wow. – The great Pinuck table finally now in VPX, and even release by BorgDog and HF ! Now this is exciting news. Thank you so much guys. A while back I remember I saw a post by Ben saying how he admired Pinuck’ tables. I downloaded and I was amazed what Pinuck was able to do on VP9. Now, seeing my …I must admit favorite EM and graphics guy releasing this table together. I can’t be anything less than excited to give it a try. Thank you – I’m sure this is going to be a jewel in the collection. :heart:

as much as I would love to take some credit, but this is 99.99% borgs work of art… I just throw my 2 cents in, I guess it would be more like 1 cent or is it, 0.1 cent??…. whatever… not much…  ;)   thanks tho…

bord
                              @bord
                              MembervipContributorModerator

I was really looking forward to this one. Looks fantastic. Can’t wait to fire it up.

Man do I love scanned playfields.

Andypc
                              Participant
                                @andypc

Borgdog. Thanks another great table. You need to adjust the height of the back plactics by +2 to stop the issues seen in the picture above on the “A” of Alone. :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

Looks beautiful! Thanks Dan!  :good:

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

Borgdog. Thanks another great table. You need to adjust the height of the back plactics by +2 to stop the issues seen in the picture above on the “A” of Alone. :good:

Missed another one didn’t I.  Fixed on my copy, will wait for more bugs/issues to be found before uploading again.  Thanks!

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Wow. – The great Pinuck table finally now in VPX, and even release by BorgDog and HF ! Now this is exciting news. Thank you so much guys. A while back I remember I saw a post by Ben saying how he admired Pinuck’ tables. I downloaded and I was amazed what Pinuck was able to do on VP9. Now, seeing my …I must admit favorite EM and graphics guy releasing this table together. I can’t be anything less than excited to give it a try. Thank you – I’m sure this is going to be a jewel in the collection. :heart:

as much as I would love to take some credit, but this is 99.99% borgs work of art… I just throw my 2 cents in, I guess it would be more like 1 cent or is it, 0.1 cent??…. whatever… not much… ;) thanks tho…

[deleted]

Ben Logan2
                                      Participant
                                        @benlogan2

Solar Ride and this beauty in the same week! Thanks, Borg. Can’t wait to fire it up.

TXT11
                                        Participant
                                          @txt11

I like this one but not sure if I like the aged playfield look…. :whistle:

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

First i thought, what you mean with HSTD … Language Thing for me …. “Hauntfreaks Super Table Doing”  :unsure:
                                            Of couse no  ;-) ( often YES ) … so thanks BordDog, and a bit HF ;-)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?