Close Encounters (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Oh very nice borgdog.. I love it when authors put a bit of realistic old playfield images.. make it more real when you play. :good:

I like this one but not sure if I like the aged playfield look…. :whistle:

LOL can’t please everyone I guess. Thanks for the kind remarks all.

You’ll likely notice a couple scratches/marks on the apron as well, it’s from a photo of my real Joker Poker apron.  Personally I’ll take a scan of a used playfield over a redraw when I can get one, just feels a bit more real to me, especially on old machines.  At least one more minor update coming with a couple tweaks and a few minor additions, if I can only remember what it was I was thinking last night I needed to do… sucks getting old.

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Personally I’ll take a scan of a used playfield over a redraw when I can get one

Amen. PF scans are tops.

markrock76
        Participant
          @markrock76

Loving the table BorgDog.  Playfield looks great to me.  I just noticed it missing a lot of the hit sounds.  Rubber, flipper, metal.  Maybe that is what you were trying to remember?

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

I like this one but not sure if I like the aged playfield look…. :whistle:

that isnt an “aged playfield look”  thats a “real aged playfield”…lol

IMO a PF scan it always better for realism

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

Loving the table BorgDog. Playfield looks great to me. I just noticed it missing a lot of the hit sounds. Rubber, flipper, metal. Maybe that is what you were trying to remember?

Maybe, to be honest I usually don’t pay attention to the sounds when I’m building on my laptop, and on my cab with DOF and real chimes (which this one does play the chimes instead of scoring tones) I can’t hear any of that anyway.  I’ll check it out, likely pulled code from one table, sounds from another and the two don’t match.

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

+1 for playfield scan. I love the aged playfield.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Jepp – PF scans are just better.

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Had some Games today, thats really an awesome Table, cool with the rotating Targets, love it !

StevOz
                    Participant
                      @stevoz

Loving it…definitely ranks a full glowing finger!

Thanks, plays and looks a treat, really like the way it plays, it really has that feel.

My slightly contorted DT view…for a fingers worth more play field.

• also thanks for the .nvram file works a treat I set it to replay via F6 and it’s great everything can be changed that way and the scorecard update and replays are set automagically! :)
                      Attachments:
                      kds70
                      Participant
                        @kds70

Very nice table – i love it  :good:

Wondered that DOF of left slingshot isn´t working. Modified line 362 to this solution (delete and add this code):

PlaySoundAt SoundFXDOF(“left_slingshot”,104, DOFPulse, DOFContactors), slingL

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

Yeah there are a few dof things not working that I’ve fixed on my copy. I’m working on a couple more things and will put out an update.

Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

Plays really well, Borgdog, as do all your EMs. I agree with Stat about the great rotating target animation. Nice! Playfield scan adds nice authenticity. Thanks! Played about two hours last night.

Daryl
                            Participant
                              @allknowing2012

I upped the vol for the ball rolling sounds – did others find the same? (ie cant hear the ball rolling)

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

I upped the vol for the ball rolling sounds – did others find the same? (ie cant hear the ball rolling)

yeah, I can’t hear it either, someone should fix that shit!  (sorry, having a jack night for some reason, brain filter turned off)

Daryl
                                Participant
                                  @allknowing2012

This was the basic change I made..

Function Vol(ball) ‘ Calculates the Volume of the sound based on the ball speed
                                  Vol = Csng((BallVel(ball)*0.3 + 6)/10)
                                  End Sub
                                  BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

I usually don’t change the Vol function itself as I find the other impact etc. sounds generally load enough if I can just hear them, so used to add a multiplier to the ball rolling sound function to just increase it’s volume. But everyone has different preferences so it’s great that vp is so easy to change stuff. I’ve switched to a different rolling sound lately that I think I got from a JP table that is louder itself. I just put it in here and think it will work fine.  Just a couple more dof questions I’m going back and forth with Denis on and I’ll get an update posted… unless I come up with more to do to it.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you for the updates ! Both are great tables.

blackvulcan3
                                      Participant
                                        @blackvulcan3

Could’ve sworn that I asked about the B2S but I can’t see my request.

In case it does pop up I found Haunt’s so its all good.

Close Encounters (Gottlieb 1978) b2s

As usual Haunts work is very pretty.  :good:

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

quick video with chimes I didn’t flip soo quick video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2qsp9p0qsvnrrd/Video%20Oct%2025%2C%209%2025%2039%20PM.mov?dl=0

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

you having fun with those chimes I see.. well I could see a bunch of crazy flashing lights has blinded me!  :wacko:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?