Close Encounters (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

I tried Version:0.999

I change these lines in the script (28 to 30 to be 10a, 100a, 1000a) the tone sound still played no charm sound

In the new Version If I set it to charm there is no sound

My mistake Sound problems in my system

Manples
      Participant
        @manples

Alright I’ll reach out to him asap.

Do you think it’s easy to export your script (and chime sounds?) to other System1 table?

I’ve just tried Dragon and the beeping really, really sucks. I’d rather listen to some gentle ding-ding-ding ;-)

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

@manples : I would try surround “front is front in cab” just for fun. Might give you a different experience. I know your speakers isn’t really placed correctly for surround, but, still. Remember to restart VP completely after changing if you do.

Manples
          Participant
            @manples

@Thalamus I’ve tried with several tables but the difference is not obvious with my setup.

I think I have to dig into SSF and get myself some exciters now ;-)

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

The volume controls that are in VP what do they do because on my system I can adjust them but it don’t seem to make any difference?

I have Stereo speakers in the back box and I use the playfield TV for speakers in the cabinet

With further experimenting they do appear to do something just not what I thought..

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

@thalamus I’ve tried with several tables but the difference is not obvious with my setup.

I think I have to dig into SSF and get myself some exciters now ;-)

Thanks for trying this out. I’ve been wondering how the different setups work and of course I have no chance of running them all myself. Carny, a couple of days ago made a “complaint” to me about too loud samples. After re-thinking why, it is almost the complete opposite of what most ssf users get on their first run on the new investment. It is of course very hard to please everyone – especially if you haven’t tried or had feedback from the difference scenarios possible. So thank you once again for just trying and giving me a slightly better understanding on how such a setup would perform. :good:

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Alright I’ll reach out to him asap.

Do you think it’s easy to export your script (and chime sounds?) to other System1 table?

I’ve just tried Dragon and the beeping really, really sucks. I’d rather listen to some gentle ding-ding-ding ;-)

should be easy enough to add to any of the them, only like 4 or 5 lines in the script.. of course they are not all together…

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?