Clue (2018 Original PuP Edition)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

110M ?? HOLY crap. Your sure that’s not 11M ?

Ah … ok :)

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

lol that message was intended for a private message about batman pup issue.  sorry about that will edit original messages. humble apologies

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Looks like a great Table – you all know, i don’t like Originals very much – but this one … hmm :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Zagatto
          Participant
            @zagatto

Had time to nstall and play a few games of this last night. Was quite a bit of fun. Haven’t managed to finish all seven modes in game yet. It’s nice being forced to work through the various shots to complete a mode.
            Finally got past the 5M mark and then had a crash when I hit the Mystery award. Haven’t been able to reproduce that error again yet.

Thanks for the work on this fun game. Great use of PuP videos when telling the story. Wasn’t till I read this thread that I realized the game callouts were brand new recordings (they sound great).

Glad to have it installed on my cabinet.

fusionwerks
            Participant
              @fusionwerks

Had time to nstall and play a few games of this last night. Was quite a bit of fun. Haven’t managed to finish all seven modes in game yet. It’s nice being forced to work through the various shots to complete a mode.

Finally got past the 5M mark and then had a crash when I hit the Mystery award. Haven’t been able to reproduce that error again yet.

Thanks for the work on this fun game. Great use of PuP videos when telling the story. Wasn’t till I read this thread that I realized the game callouts were brand new recordings (they sound great).

Glad to have it installed on my cabinet.

The Loafer had a crash while hitting the mystery as well, but his turned out to not be game related, but i dont remember what it was.

When it crashed, did it give you an error line, or just crash out to VP? If its the first i would like to see about fixing it. If it were the second, i would need someone WAY smarter than me to look at logs and stuff. And we would need to be able to replicate it.

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

My crash was game related. What happened is I confused all of you by accidentally posting in this thread a BATMAN The Dark knight issue and it worked, you are confused :)

It’s the same issue and is unresolved: had a multiball going, game was a decent long one, popped the ball in the mystery award and kapow, kicked right out of VP to the desktop, no line errors, nothing.  Sorry for my poor posts earlier, poor communication on my part.  Somehow I gotta stop playing late almost every night but so many cool tables to test LOL

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

@theloafer – It’s your own fault – investing in 4k B-) … you should probably stay away from SSF ;-)

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Yeah that 4K reinvigorated the virtual pinball passion. I already have contactors/mech motor and shaker motor so on the SSF front I think I’m mostly ok :)

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Sure. Mostly. You added the 4k after seeing Terry’s setup. Just don’t visit someone with SSF – or you’ll end up there. Mark my words ! B-)

Zagatto
                      Participant
                        @zagatto

Had a chance to play some more after work.
                        Focused my attention on getting the mystery award and was able to trigger the crash two times.

Both times, I got a script error

Line: 1

Unterminated string constant

I checked to see if any of the random awards referenced the first line but I don’t understand the code well enough to be sure.
                        Hope this helps.

Still a great game.

rx2006je
                        Participant
                          @rx2006je

i keep getting a b2s error on loading the table, what am i doing wrong? i can play the table and see the scores and video.  i have the clue folder in the pupvideo folder, all works but get the b2s error on loading the table

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

@zagatto : To explain it in a simple way. That error just lost track of where the actually error started ending up in the wrong line number when reporting. But, at least we’ve got a error message now to go after. Thanks.

@rx2006je
                            : This table isn’t built for db2s. It uses video instead. The error can be fixed if you start any other db2s game. Change the db2s options in the bottom to ignore errors. I had the beta and then I used a small window on my second monitor. With this full release needed to maximize the video screen to the whole monitor and only then would it show the video. Before that it did seems like it would not play if the video itself is larger (x-size, y-size) than than the window.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Early in the morning here and no access to VP until this afternoon. I just wonder if the error can be from line 3216 ?!

Would not be surprised if that is something I’ve introduced.

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

i can replicate error “line 1 terminated stuffs”

see video:  https://youtu.be/S3e1uZir3Kw

Here’s a fix for mystery award you can test:  replace the Sub GiveRandomAward with this….

Sub GiveRandomAward()
                                Dim tmp, tmp2

' show some random values on the dmd
                                pMsg "MYSTERY AWARD!", 3, "", 1
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1100, "pMsg ""BIG POINTS"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1200, "pMsg ""LOCK IS LIT"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1300, "pMsg ""INCREASE BUMPER VALUE"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1400, "pMsg ""SMALL POINTS"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1500, "pMsg ""EXTRA BALL IS LIT"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1600, "pMsg ""INCREASE BONUS X"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1700, "pMsg ""LOCK IS LIT"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1800, "pMsg ""BIG POINTS"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1900, "pMsg ""LOCK IS LIT"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2000, "pMsg ""INCREASE BUMPER VALUE"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2100, "pMsg ""SMALL POINTS"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2200, "pMsg ""EXTRA BALL IS LIT"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2300, "pMsg ""BONUS X"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2400, "pMsg ""LOCK IS LIT"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2500, "pMsg ""BALL SAVE"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2600, "pMsg ""ADD A BALL"", 1, """", 0 '"
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 2700, "pMsg "" "", 1, """", 0 '"

vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "PlaySound ""fx_fanfare1"" '"

tmp = INT(RND(1) * 80)
                                Select Case tmp
                                Case 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""EXTRA BALL IS LIT"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                l15.State = 2
                                ExtraBallIsLit(CurrentPlayer) = 1
                                Case 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""BIG POINTS 300,000"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                AddScore 300000
                                Case 21, 22, 23
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""INCREASE BONUS X"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                IncreaseBonusMultiplier
                                Case 30, 31, 32
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""LOCK IS LIT"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                l18.State = 2
                                RampDoorMoveUp
                                LockIsReady(CurrentPlayer) = 1
                                Case 40, 41, 42
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""INCREASE BUMPER VALUE"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                BumperValue(CurrentPlayer) = BumperValue(CurrentPlayer) + 50
                                'Case 50, 51, 52
                                'vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""ADD A BALL"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                'vpmtimer.addTimer 3000, "AddMultiball 1 '"
                                Case 60, 61, 62, 63, 64
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""BALL SAVE"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                EnableBallSaver 26
                                Case ELSE 'small points 1000 to 5000
                                tmp2 = INT((RND) * 5) * 1000 + 1000
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, "pMsg ""SMALL POINTS"", 3, """", 1 '"
                                AddScore tmp2
                                End Select
                                End Sub
                                fusionwerks
                                Participant
                                  @fusionwerks

That’s weird that the error popped up. I CAN SWEAR i tested everything before release. Even stranger that it took that long for anyone to notice it.

The code above works. It must be something to do with the format of the pinup label that VP didn’t like. FYI, i have “add a ball” commented out because it was causing some weird issues, but your more than welcome to re-enable it here, while your replacing code. I will revise the table with the correct code. Thank You NB!

NailBuster
                                    @nailbuster
                                    ModeratorMember

vpmtimer.addtimer 3000, “pMsg “”BIG POINTS 300,000″”, 3, “”””, 1 ‘”

fyi….the ‘bug’ was that you forgot to put another set of quotes around the “”

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

I think there is a small bug in the backglass too. If you play a 4 player game. And after that a 1 player game, the old scores stays and you are seen as player 4. Not a big issue at all. Thought I should just mention it. Still enjoying this game !

fusionwerks
                                      Participant
                                        @fusionwerks

new revision up to fix the “Mystery Award” crash. If you don’t feel comfortable editing the script as above, please download v1.1

I will be looking into the scoring issue as well and will update again. I was uploading the new version when Thalamus found another bug, so it will be a bit before i can upload again.

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Ok comments time!

• I’ve played about 20 games, no crashes to be seen on new version. Well done!  Thanks Nailbuster and fusionworks on the fix
                                          • When the “feed the dog” mode starts, I get a countdown timer that shows the amount of time I have to hit the “collect weapon” to get the “feed the dog” bonus. That’s cool, however the countdown starts immediately when triggering the mode, which started at 24 seconds … but the ball isn’t released for a good 8-9 seconds after locking the ball so effectively in this last game I didn’t have 24 seconds, I had about 14-15 seconds to complete the mode.  Is it possible for the countdown time to start only once the ball is released?
                                          • Still on the “Feed the dog” mode, a positive comment: One game I think I had 4 seconds only by the time the ball was released so unless I’m mistaken you accumulate the time that you will get to complete the “feed the dog” mode which brings a good gameplay element: Do not trigger the mode until you’ve accumulated enough time. Brilliant!
                                          • Very much just a suggestion but when the lights flash to indicate the release of the ball, it would be beneficial for an audio clue to match the flashing lights.
                                          • Another suggestion:  if there are any music themes from the movie you haven’t used, it would go well if it played once the game loads up, so that there isn’t just dead silence.  This isn’t something that’s needed at all, just good for the atmosphere and polish of the game.
                                          • The more I play your game, the more I think it’s absolutely brilliant.  You have a lot more depth here than one assumes at first glance
                                          • The PUP implementation is right up there with the best tables.
                                          • I like pinball games that are oldschool challenging.  I found the outlanes are a tad easier than I like BUT a few of the main targeted shots are hard enough and the overall gameplay is very challenging so I think easier outlanes balance out the game well in this case
                                          • Because I find the game hard enough, it also means when I achieve one of the modes, it feels earned, something that is not always evident in VP pinball adaptations so excellent kudos to you
                                          • Your game gives me a lot of the right type of pinball stress when trying to complete the modes, so well done there too!
                                          • Special thanks to your wife for her requesting this game because we ALL benefit from her request.  I hope she has other special requests that motivate you to create another game like this so “Thanks Wifey!!!”

Many sincere thanks, the passion is evident as is the talent

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Excellent review / feedback. Learned something from it too B-)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 96 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?