Clue (2018 Original PuP Edition)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

Yeah I might have been wrong about that “feed the dog” mode because I got 24 seconds so maybe the 4 seconds was a bug once and the 24 seconds the ball was released at that time.  Maybe I had another mod ongoing which caused that issue or I had ALREADY triggered that mode when I locked the ball afterwards.  Gonna have to test this some more

Other great things about the game:

• yes the voice acting is very well done, that’s def a radio voice I hear!   Well done Roccodimarco
      • Love the colored balls matching the character :)
      fusionwerks
      Participant
        @fusionwerks

Thank you for the very nice review. I put a TON of work into this, as did JP. Its hard to believe how far it has come. There was some concern about the longevity of this table since the rule set isn’t really deep, and every mode is basically the same sequence of shots over and over again, but i still find it very challenging. Even for me, (who has played it WAY to many times) to get more than 3-4 modes complete in a game is actually really difficult. I was really intrigued to know just how long it would take a better player than me to complete the whole game.

Very much just a suggestion but when the lights flash to indicate the release of the ball, it would be beneficial for an audio clue to match the flashing lights.

On it.. good suggestion!

Another suggestion:  if there are any music themes from the movie you haven’t used, it would go well if it played once the game loads up, so that there isn’t just dead silence.  This isn’t something that’s needed at all, just good for the atmosphere and polish of the game.

There actually is a song that i couldn’t find a spot for. When exactly do you mean “when the table loads up”? As soon as it loads, or AFTER you press start, but before the ball is launched?

As for the “Feed the dogs” timer, i will look to see whats going on and see if i can move the timer start to right before the ball ejects.

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Song: there is dead silence until you press start so would be nice to Hear a song there before pressing start, but just a thought

the modes may be repetitive but they are difficult enough that right now it still feels earned

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I so agree with your assessments of this table @theloafer

fusionwerks
            Participant
              @fusionwerks

I cannot find anything wrong with the timer for the feed the dogs. It displays 30 and ejects. Maybe you had something else going on. I know if it is lit and you start a mode, it will delay kickout until after the clip has finished. So maybe thats where your losing time? I worked really hard to make the timers wait until the clip is finished, so you could actually watch it. I don’t know how to “pause” the feed the dogs timer to make that work, so it might just be left as is.

i am still working on the back glass problem, but here is what is up for the next rev…

• i have added an option to increase the difficulty of the lower lanes. Now it is either 3 for feed the dogs, and 10 for extra ball, OR 5/16. Do you think this is good or should i add and even harder one? like 8/20?
              • I have added the song Sh-Boom by the Crew Cuts when the table starts. At plunger release it switches to the main theme. This was 1 of 2 songs that had lyrics in the movie. The other was Shake Rattle and roll which i use for table audio in the front end.
              • Fixed the formatting of how the mystery is displayed, and added a different sound effect.
              • Added a very subtle sound effect to the left scoop to warn of ball eject.

i would love ANY more suggestions before i re-upload.

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

I think the awards for both feed the dog and extra ball are plenty hard, at least right now.  You could always script them with instructions in the script for people to set it to their preference under the guise of EASY/MEDIUM/HARD I guess but I’ve no problem with your current settings.

I think the right light also needs a sound effect added to it when it kicks the ball up the VUK (or whatever you call that thing).   I agree you don’t need an audio cue to prepare yourself but I wonder what do people thing of the flashing light announcing an event without a sound effect tied to it?

Don’t worry about the feed the dog timer, I think what you describe is what happens.   No big deal.

great job on the update.  Manage your time well, there’s no hurry to put this out, the table doesn’t crash anymore so I would recommend you give this version a couple of days to possibly weed out more bugs.

fusionwerks
                Participant
                  @fusionwerks

i added the extra difficulty because you said the lanes were easy. Did you mean in another way?

i will look into another sound for the VUK. The one i assigned for the left scoop might seem weird there

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus

All very good suggestions. And I’m very happy to hear that you’ve even implemented the ones that stood out. Personally. I have no problems with the table having modes or rules that needs to be repeated. I so agree with what @theloafer said about that. If it is a challenge, then it gives you a satisfaction in the end and you keep going hoping you’ll be able to get them all. I just hope that there is a carrot on the end if/when i’ve completed them all. At the moment, I’m far away though. So, this table is going to give me hours on hours of fun. What impresses me maybe the most is that fact that this is your first release and the quality is MUCH better than most first time releases I’ve seen. There is no secret. Originals isn’t my #1 thing. But, is a great exception to “my rule”, and I really hope this is not the last table you make.

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

i added the extra difficulty because you said the lanes were easy. Did you mean in another way?

i will look into another sound for the VUK. The one i assigned for the left scoop might seem weird there

I think the lanes are easy but sections can be easy if other sections are difficult.  Think Star Trek stern top left ramp which can be hit all night long versus warp ramp which is hard as nails.  As long as the section thats easy is not too profitable you are ok.   You can try it out a bit harder and see how it goes but because your pin is progressive in modes you want to give them a chance to advance so as not to risk having them abandon the game ;).  I guess this is game testing 101 so it’s worth a try then you can see what the feedback is like

Slydog43
                      Participant
                        @slydog43

wow, what a release!  This is your first, totally incredible with PUP pack and all the included media.  Top notch, many thanks.  Hope you continue making tables.

RYSr (Rich)
                        Participant
                          @rysr

Alright I give up! it’s driving me nuts

I upgraded to the latest PinUPSystemInstall_v1_3_6_Final

Freeze’s latest dmdext-v1.7.2-x86

My older Tron Pup VPX table works fine..

But  I don’t get any popup screens on Clue, I copied the Clue pup media folder to the PupVideos folder.

Is there something in the table script I need to edit?

IS there a specific version of Pup player needed?

Rich

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

@rysr I think there is even a 1.3.7 out for pinup – might be related. And, you should know – 1.7.2 of freezy has some vni color rom issues. You should only keep dmdexe.exe from that archive until it is fixed.

RYSr (Rich)
                            Participant
                              @rysr

@ Thalamus

Thanks for the info, I neglected to mention That I did copy1 file (PinUpDisplay.exe)  in the 1.3.7 download to my PinUpSystem install.

I haven’t tried a color ROM since I updated Freeze’s 1.7.2, thanks for the warning. I did copy all the files in the release to my Vpinmame folder..

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

Clue table doenst use freezy or b2s for PUP… so its the most basic/easy pack to get working.

it must be something basic like anti-virus/blocked files/vlc not 32-bit 2.2.8… type thing.  Make sure you don’t have any PuP stuffs running as admin…etc

see here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

and perhaps uninstall PinUP and start the install from scratch watching the videos again….

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

@rysr I’ve seen it a few times here. That if there are left over processes from previous pup then it doesn’t work. Start task-manager and kill them all or reboot.

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Info
                                    https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues
                                    http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

bjschneider93
                                    Participant
                                      @bjschneider93

Is there  a way to disable B2S for this table?  I continually get an error message when starting the table.. I have disabled error messages on several other tables as mentioned in a previous post, but it has no effect on this table

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

It should be a global setting in your db2ssettings.xml or whatever that file is called. It should be – a one change one time thing as well. So, you saying that you need to do it for several tables indicate permissions related problems.

RYSr (Rich)
                                        Participant
                                          @rysr

I had the old version (1.2?) and the new version 1.3.7 in windows control panel/programs.

I uninstalled both them reinstalled 1.3.7, Unblocked the dll and exe files.

Now Clue runs OK, But my Tron Legacy stopped working, I’ll bring it up another thread.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

ilveropaolone
                                          Participant
                                            @paologiardina

There is not db2s file? at the start it search for it but it does not found!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 96 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?