Clue (2018 Original PuP Edition)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    fusionwerks
    Participant
      @fusionwerks

this table does not use a B2S. I t only uses the Pinup player.

fusionwerks
      Participant
        @fusionwerks

Version 1.2 is up now. Lots of things fixed or added. I highly suggest you grab a new copy if you already have a previous version.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Looking at the change log – all great changes. I don’t know if I want to make the table any harder at this point though. But, having the option is appreciated.

I have to get up early tomorrow morning to give this update a run.

Will be going on a holiday from Monday. So, I’ll just mention it here. Don’t be alarmed if I’m not as active as usual. Just know. I’ll be licking sun and drinking beers. I doubt that I’ll be able to stay away from you guys. But, in case I do …

1 user thanked author for this post.
          The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Looking forward to trying this new version, thanks

ilveropaolone
            Participant
              @paologiardina

at the start it search for db2s, but i know that it have not! it is possible to disable this feature? i upload a wheel for this great table i hope ypou will like it!

Attachments:
              NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

if you get an error about directb2s not found,  go to any other table that have a backglass and right-click on the backglass and make sure the settings in this red box looks like this:

<v

Dr.Tom
                Participant
                  @crile1
                  MemberContributor

For some reason, this game always crashes when loading from PBX.  It launches just fine directly from VPX.  Any suggestions?

FYI, this is my daughter’s favorite game!

Wob76
                  Participant
                    @wob76

Thanks for the table, I quite enjoy the theme, and like how the table and ball colour to the person the mode is linked to. I have a couple of suggestions and a bug.

I think it could do with a little shot variety between the modes, but that is being picky.

On my 4th game I managed to get all the modes done and trigger the multi ball, It would be fun to have the coloured balls used as part of this.

I did find a bug shortly after the lap of the table, I was on ball 3 with 2 extra balls in hand, then at the start of every ball extra ball would be lit, If I collected it at the start of the ball I was on infinite play, I got down to 1 EB but then was awarded another during play, I got up to around 25Mil before I decided to let the balls drain to end the game.

Cheers,

Wob

fusionwerks
                    Participant
                      @fusionwerks

For some reason, this game always crashes when loading from PBX. It launches just fine directly from VPX. Any suggestions?

FYI, this is my daughter’s favorite game!

Im glad to hear that she likes it. As for the table crashing, i’m not sure how to help you. Do other pinup tables like Stranger Things crash via PBX?

Thanks for the table, I quite enjoy the theme, and like how the table and ball colour to the person the mode is linked to. I have a couple of suggestions and a bug.

I think it could do with a little shot variety between the modes, but that is being picky.

On my 4th game I managed to get all the modes done and trigger the multi ball, It would be fun to have the coloured balls used as part of this.

I did find a bug shortly after the lap of the table, I was on ball 3 with 2 extra balls in hand, then at the start of every ball extra ball would be lit, If I collected it at the start of the ball I was on infinite play, I got down to 1 EB but then was awarded another during play, I got up to around 25Mil before I decided to let the balls drain to end the game.

Cheers,

Wob

Good Job! I think your the first person i’ve heard that has rolled the table.

There was some discussion about mixing up the shots during the mode, but at that point, i had already made all the lights, and the videos. The idea was that you needed to get a key to unlock a cabinet, then a weapon from that cabinet, then a motive, then a kill. If i changed it up i was afraid it would make people wonder why they needed a key after they had a weapon from the cabinet, the videos would play out of sequence, and by hitting the scoops at certain points, it allowed me to put in stop points so you could actually watch the video AND play. Its kind of a pet peave of mine right now. All these awesome PuP packs coming out, but unless you have somebody to play while you watch, you don’t get to see the videos play…

As for the colored balls during that last multiball… It was discussed, and it just never got implemented. I would have to add a bunch of different subs to handle a specific multiball. It was also hard to visualize because you would only want 1 of each color on the table at the same time. If there is a ball save and you drain one, you would need some sort of ball tracking in place to be able to determine which color ball drained, and which color to create before launching it back in. And at the end of the multiball, you never know which color will be the last ball and it would throw off the start of the next “flip” of the game. Maybe if i can figure it out there might be an update.

As for the bug… I think your right, and i’ve never noticed that it does that. I will need to look into why the extra ball keeps lighting after a “flip”  and maybe it will get put in a update someday… In the meantime, enjoy the table, and the unlimited extra balls! Consider it a gift for beating the table

Wob76
                      Participant
                        @wob76

Thanks for the reply, Cool to be a first (that you have heard of)

I do like the idea behind the modes, maybe just mix up the order of the shots, not the action that they do? Or also incorporate the left outline on a couple? But I guess that would require reworking the lights, as you say, maybe V2 :)

Totally agree with the pup-packs, I don’t really did the ones that add onto existing tables as I don’t find myself looking at them, or if I do i drain. The originals such as yours and Stranger Things give you a chance to watch as the videos are designed into the game play.

Multiball really does sound like a challenge, I thought it would be cool to have all the colours (people), and maybe a couple of plain (police) all running around the house, but easy to invision, much harder to implement :)

Thanks again for the hard work and the release, a very nice job indeed.

Wob

nate
                        Participant
                          @nodzebra

prison sucks,  i took an iron vacation that lasted a year and a day back in 2016…its whatever tho i actually had dreams about pinball haha what a fuckin nerd,  sometimes hard to believe im on some gangsta ass shit from time to time

knightrider
                          Participant
                            @knightrdrx

that’sawesome! my wife just agreed to let me pull the plug on building a cabinet and we both love Clue

our stair case has framed promo photos going up on the wall from the movie, we have a canvas painting of the cook in the kitchen that says dinner will be ready at 7 and we have an ichime for our doorbell with several doorbell sounds i recorded from the movie..my favorite being…oh who ever it is has to go away or they’ll be killed!

Attachments:
                            randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Very cool.

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

ttrenkner
                              Participant
                                @ttrenkner

Very impressive effort that’s finally raised my interest in PUP!  This is probably a dumb question that’s already been answered, but how do you setup the backglass for a 4:3 monitor? It appears to default to widescreen.

LynnInDenver
                                Participant
                                  @lynnindenver

Very impressive effort that’s finally raised my interest in PUP! This is probably a dumb question that’s already been answered, but how do you setup the backglass for a 4:3 monitor? It appears to default to widescreen.

You really don’t. Oh, you probably can tell PUP to make it 4:3, but it’s going to look squished, because it was probably made with widescreens in mind.

You can always set it up so that the backglass fills the top half, and UltraDMD and/or topper video sits below it like a regular DMD cabinet.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

JustAnotherRat
                                  Participant
                                    @justanotherrat

I decided to install this and give it a go today. My first few games I couldn’t get a decent score but on game 9 I completed it (I must be number 2 now  :yahoo: )and got “unlimited extra balls” too. Didn’t bother playing for long once I did that.

Good fun game… thanks.

LTA
                                    Participant
                                      @luvthatapex

Can you run this game without PUP? I know its an awesome add on but my cab is in dev mode right now, I can’t install add-ons for a while.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Sounds like a cool mode – how did you manage to get it into dev mode ? B-)

I’m very curious to know. How do you expect to get out of that lock in ? :unsure:   ;-)

Shadow
                                        Participant
                                          @shadowshd

I’ve just installed and tested the table and I’ve just one word to say : wow  :good:

I’m not a very original tables fan but I must say this one is definitely a masterpiece, my cat Mitaine likes it too :

IMG_0664

B-)

Just for quibbling a little I would say the game misses a real Game Over sequence but for a first creation it’s just amazing  :good:

So thanks for sharing this nice work mister  :good:

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Mitaine looks like a true fan.   My “Moumoune” and “Toutoune” cats aren’t a fan, probably because great games like Clue makes me use a bit more body language then they like to see lol

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 96 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?