Clue (2018 Original PuP Edition)

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    chris
    Participant
      @sting932003

hello do you have clue v1.1? just doing this for collection on my drive

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Come back in September asking the same question. https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/so-long-for-now/#post-108705

Or remind me next week. I might have it laying around somewhere or can dig it up somehow.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

finally playing this in cab(all caught up) and my strobes are on the whole time playing. just wondering is anyone else seeing this?

love the table btw :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

knightrider
          Participant
            @knightrdrx

i don’t think i can use this..the music plays through my front and rear speakers and the front are for mechanical sounds only with the subwoofer on max..so the music sounds awful.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

You have to look at what sound options there is and adjust your speakers after that. If you don’t find anything that works for you, then there is a high chance that almost all tables will sound awful.

knightrider
              Participant
                @knightrdrx

I think it is the puppack music that shouldn’t play through my mechanical sounds soundcard for this table and bugs bunny.  All other tables I have tried have the separation..I have only tried about 60…

force10wind
                Participant
                  @force10wind

This is awesome! Great table!

Heinz

elvinu
                  Participant
                    @elvinu

I use a single screen and it didn’t work for me either.  I think ’cause there are no *.pup files along with the media files.  I had some success using the always-on-top.exe program and setting it to PupScreen2.

The minute I hear a video go off, I use Alt-tab to bring it to the foreground.  Then press Ctrl-space to activate the always-on-top program (which I think I got from CNET download).

I’m also trying:

Creating pup-pack files using PinUpPackEditor.exe.  And setting the backglass to Show, or ForceOn, or one of the others.  I get the videos this way but I also get other bugs: I don’t see the progress report after losing a ball now and I get a frozen video at the end of a game.

elvinu
                    Participant
                      @elvinu

I had some success using the always-on-top.exe program and setting it to PupScreen2.

For single screen users that launch with the PinUpMenu frontend:

After going thru most of the pup-pack tables, I didn’t want this to be the only one where I had to use the “always-on-top.exe” program.

I did some tweaking to the screens.pup file and bat file and got it to work for me.  Here’s my settings:

screens.pup:

ScreenNum,ScreenDes,PlayList,PlayFile,Loopit,Active,Priority,CustomPos
                      2,Backglass-Underlay,PupOverlays,newframe.png,0,off,,
                      7,BackGlass-Video,Backglass,Backglass.mp4,0,off,,
                      0,Topper,,,0,show,,
                      1,DMD,,,0,ForceBack,,
                      8,Topper2,,,0,off,,
                      3,PlayField,,,0,off,,
                      4,Music,,,0,off,,
                      5,Music2,,,0,off,,
                      6,”Call Outs”,,,0,off,,
                      9,Other,,,0,off,,
                      10,”PuP 10″,,,0,off,,
                      11,”PuP 11″,,,0,off,,
                      12,”PuP 12″,,,0,off,,
                      13,”PuP 13″,,,0,off,,
                      14,”PuP 14″,,,0,off,,
                      15,”PuP 15″,,,0,off,,
                      16,”PuP 16″,,,0,off,,
                      17,”PuP 17″,,,0,off,,
                      18,”PuP 18″,,,0,off,,
                      19,”PuP 19″,,,0,off,,

pupinit.bat:

start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 6 1
                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 7 0
                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -1 7 1
                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 8 1
                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -2 10 0

Great table.  Just read on imdb that Justin Bateman is making a remake of this Hasbro property.  fusionwerks, maybe you can update the table with new video in a few years.  ;D

Nick B
                      Participant
                        @nickb

Any idea why some PUPpacks work on my cabinet and others do not? For example, The Beatles and WOZ work perfectly – overlays, videos, sound, etc. Then I have Clue and MOTU that will display giant text across my entire backglass wallpaper (2 monitor setup) but nothing else – no videos, no overlays, etc. Seems to me tables like this (installation is literally dragging a folder to the correct directory) should be a no brainer.

I followed the installation instructions about 4 weeks ago for a clean install of VPX, PUP 1.4 and  DMDExt 1.7.1. Windows 10. No frontend. 2 monitor setup for now. Windows defender has exemptions for everything pinball related (entire folders).

Thanks.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

What I noticed a while ago is that if I had anything displaying on the second monitor as the table loaded, videos would not play. If that is still an issue – I don’t know. Been awhile since I played this last.

bschaberg21
                          Participant
                            @bschaberg21

I’m having an issue with this table where the main theme won’t play.  All other sounds appear to be fine.  Same issue in vpx sound manager.  If I export the sound to the local computer it plays fine.  I tried to import it back into the table but still no sound.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  At some point this table was playing perfectly, i’m not sure what changed.

BSchaberg21

methetton
                            Participant
                              @methetton

EDIT: SOLVED
                              Answer: simple. I had the clue folder in the pupvideos as PUPVideos\clue\clue\.  Once I moved the files to the parent PUPVideos\clue\ everything was fine.

I am having the same issue as Nick B.  I see the text on the backglass, but none of the videos or background video.
                              I just see my desktop background.

On every other pupPack table I have, everything works fine, including Stranger Things.

I am open to suggestions!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Thalamus
                                @thalamus

If that monitor of yours if freed up the video will probably play. Sounds like you don’t have the db2s server that nailbuster made. I don’t, I prefer it the other way around, but, if I forget pr. example a explorer window up there it is forced in front for me. You can also fix it by editing db2sserversettings.xml.

Nick B
                                Participant
                                  @nickb

EDIT: SOLVED

Answer: simple. I had the clue folder in the pupvideos as PUPVideos\clue\clue\. Once I moved the files to the parent PUPVideos\clue\ everything was fine.

Thank you! This was it. Something so simple, an extra embedded Clue folder in the .zip that was preventing the videos from running.

Clue is one of my favorite tables to play. Granted, I do LOVE the theme (one of my favorite movies), but the presentation here is so well done that it captures the film perfectly. Not an overly complicated ruleset but the shots are challenging and satisfying. A good table to practice nudging on too since the ball loves to drain.

Question: Is there a simple number swap in the script that will relocate all of the large text overlays that appear front and center of the backglass to my 3rd (DMD) screen? I’m talking about the attract mode “FREE PLAY”, “HIGH SCORES”, “FEED THE DOGS” + Timer, etc. I have an 3rd 16:9 screen that doesn’t get used with this table and those popups will often block other information such as mode activated character screens, etc.

Astroboy
                                  Participant
                                    @astroboy

What an intriguing table! What a great theme!

The movie is hilarious and it’s awesome that anyone thought to make this murder-mystery into a table. And of course the video clips are so funny, with all those little subtext jokes that went over my head when I watched the movie as a kid. Plus the artistic style is fitting for the theme.

Great job Fusionwerks! Hope to see more work from you sometime.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Astroboy.
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?