Comet Playfield

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/comet-playfield/

A Comet playfield image stitched from photos with very little lens distortion, providing a good source for accurate dimensions and placement. A few spots with soft details but barring a scan, this is the nicest VP candidate I’ve seen.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

This looks great. I like the comet pin is this in vpx yet?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

bord
          @bord

Thanks! Not in VPX yet. Only person I suspect might have a start on it is @32assassin. Seems to be in his style/era.

I had hoped to do it myself someday but the reality of me getting to all the projects I want to do is slim so I decided to unload some of the assets I’ve built in the hopes that someone will get inspired.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I’d love to build it but if someone like 32 has started I won’t do it. Well heck maybe I will look into it. Thanks for sharing the resources they are a great start for anyone!

for IOS and Android

bord
              @bord

Do it!

I was thinking of his System 11 thread: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36216&hl=system but Comet is a System 9.

If you pick up the project let me know what help you need along the way. :good:

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

I had hoped to do it myself someday but the reality of me getting to all the projects I want to do is slim so I decided to unload some of the assets I’ve built in the hopes that someone will get inspired.

I think this is great.  I sometimes think there are table resources being hoarded and if more people shared them like this we would have a lot more tables completed.  Thanks.    :good:

bord
                  @bord

Probably right, @Drybonz. I’ve often fantasized about the quality playfield and plastics scans that are out there. Too bad there isn’t a giant repository for them somewhere. I believe someone on Pinside tried a few years ago and received a cease and desist for it.

The only downside I can see to sharing new resources is that you may end up putting a lot of work into a table that someone else can finish faster. I was recently scooped on two different tables and it is a frustrating feeling to be sure. But then so is having no resources to work from.

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

I was working on some MAME stuff a while back before I got into VP over at Hyperspin.  Those guys have a big Google drive full of resource images and you can get access if you are an author and go in and get whatever resources you need for your projects.  People dump new resources in all the time.  I had recommended, a couple times, that we should do the same thing for VP.

I also recommended that we start some type of public spreadsheet that you can (voluntarily) list what table you are working on, along with any resources you need, who is working with you on what part, etc…  This would prevent people from getting scooped, and IMO, both of these things would really streamline and speed up the table creation process.

Nobody really seemed interested though.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

I don’t​ play well with others ?

I think a real hoard that is hard to get is people on pinside that scan stuff and don’t share. I’ve gotten a couple things there from people by asking nicely and been ignored by others.

bord
                        @bord

I’ve gotten a couple things there from people by asking nicely and been ignored by others.

That’s been my experience, too. When it goes well it really goes well. I received a couple full playfield scans from generous Pinsiders but plenty of others have been total dicks in their response.

Ben Logan2
                        Participant
                          @benlogan2

I’d love to see a VPX version. I like the open flippers, as on Space Station. The Python backglass is creepy and cool, too.

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

I’d love to build it but if someone like 32 has started I won’t do it. Well heck maybe I will look into it. Thanks for sharing the resources they are a great start for anyone!

sorry to say this but this is not on my WIP list,  I looked at the code and the components of the table,

and I’m pretty sure I can strip the code in less tehn 2 hours and have a playable VPX version in 2 or 3 days.

but like like my EarthShaker,  it will stay in my WIP folder because I can’t make a respectable looking spiral ramp primitive.

I’m pretty sure I can make the clear ramp, if  someone  else is willing to make the cork screw ramp and the upper right black 3 hole jump primitive,  I might have a playable VPX table by Sunday.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Attachments:
                            bord
                              @bord

PM sent

bord
                                @bord

New code from 32a. Ramps in Blender are under way.

Attachments:
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Oh wow!

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

:good:

bord
                                      @bord

Corkscrew ramp w/ flasher tube.

bord
                                        @bord

Ramp:

bord
                                          @bord

Starting to take shape.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Wow!!! Looking super nice! Such a fun pin!

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?