Community Physics Test Table

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

V1.4 Update from MFuegmann.  Includes WORKING BOWLING lower PF. WORKING BASH TOY rug.   Also changed to hold Left flipper instead of Right flipper on ball launch to send ball to upper PF.  Thanks to Michael!!

TBL_Bowling

-Mike

Attachments:
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Well neat. bowling! yeah was tuff to hold right and plung :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

mfuegemann
        Participant
          @mfuegemann

Hi Randr,

there must be some some effort involved. One does not simply “go” Bowling, Dude. . .

By the way, there is a cheat to enter the alley directly. Press left MagnaSave during launch to activate the hidden kicker in the plunger lane.

If the bowling is too easy, You may want to decrease the timer interval of timer MoveBowlStart (the bottom one on the right hand side). 25ms is good for desktop/keyboard use.

Regards
          Michael

Sliderpoint
          Participant
            @sliderpoint
            MemberContributor

Let there be light!

V1.5 Added insert lights and an attract mode to light them up. This is the light sequence demo script and samples from Black (Chris Heathly). I noticed his sample table is no longer available from the help file I have, so I added it to this.

GI in the table that tries to scale with the day/night slider as to not blind you and wash out all visibility.

There are a couple of Flashers on the kick outs.  I tried to use the new Light duration method for this, but it wigged out. I tried to submit a bug in the 10.2 beta thread, but it was quickly passed over for cooler things. Old school scripting flash and off in the script with the new stuff commented out.

I added a realistic working ball trough. Supports up to 8 balls, config in the script. Save the balls! (left the apron non-visible to see it in action)

In the continuing effort to get things sized correctly, I tried to get the rollover switches hit area sized and positioned based on my measurements of where the ball actually activates the switches. My measurements are for what would be a TriggerWireB I think, but I’ve selected TriggerWireD because they look cooler (make sure you use the latest beta).  This is obviously more subjective as there a lots of types of roll-overs and switches that all behave a little different.

edit:  oh yeah, fun stuff.  Kickback added on the left outlane.  And multiball action! Add a ball to play if you hit the rug 5 times.

Michael set some good examples, so I tried to tidy up the script a bit as well.

-Mike

1.5DTss-1

Attachments:
            LTA
            Participant
              @luvthatapex

Have the PC specs changed from 1.2 to 1.5 of the community test table? I was able to run and load version 1.2 on my dev pc but version 1.5 crashes when rendering with a “UNABLE TO CREATE VERTEX BUFFER” error. I can try it on my cab since it has a new monster PC but it would be cool to be able to test settings on my current PC. Thoughts?

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

Have the PC specs changed from 1.2 to 1.5 of the community test table? I was able to run and load version 1.2 on my dev pc but version 1.5 crashes when rendering with a “UNABLE TO CREATE VERTEX BUFFER” error. I can try it on my cab since it has a new monster PC but it would be cool to be able to test settings on my current PC. Thoughts?

I think just make sure you are on the latest 10.2 beta, he’s using some recent features.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                LTA
                Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Yeah, rev2825 or higher should work without issue.

-Mike

LTA
                  LTA
                  Participant
                    @luvthatapex

Confirmed. I loaded rev 2829 (just released) and its working fine again. How about that  :good:

Barny
                    Participant
                      @barny1100

Cool i hope this Project continues  :good:

Laylow
                      Participant
                        @pinlow
                        MemberContributor

The White Russian is still missing :)

Ah

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

Welp I gave it a shot, poorly.

v1.5.2 added half-assed white russian model.  Messed with flipper settings per the discussions that are revolving around flipper lag and new vp timers and what not. Added some logic to open the garage door. No idea how that is supposed to work and it’s missing the car, but hey, there it is.

WR

-Mike

Attachments:
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Awesome! But for physics testing leave it collidable:)

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sliderpoint
                            Participant
                              @sliderpoint
                              MemberContributor

heh, it’s not the right size or shape. Although, if it had collision I would bet it would stop the ball just fine.  ;-)

-Mike

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

i have totaly overseen this Table … :good:

Torre
                                Participant
                                  @torre

I downloaded this table a while back and have always been hopeful this meant we would have a TBL table soon but it looks like nothing has progressed. Some great “homage” tables have been created for tables like Ghostbusters, Kiss 2015 and Wizard of Oz so I would think this one should be in high demand.

I’m afraid to ask but is there a reason this one is seemingly on the back burner?

Thanks, Mark

Mark

makmak
                                  Participant
                                    @makmak

wow, christmas already? just found this easter egg, looks really amazing, how to rotate this gem to play it in a cab? Strange no one seems to work on this anymore? (unfortunately and obviously I have no idea what works in any way in vpx – yet…) – must be some serious reasons as I bet all of the pinball dudes are keen on playing the big lebowski, no?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

We are. But, well, a proper rom dump and emulation would probably get the ball rolling a bit faster.

makmak
                                      Participant
                                        @makmak

I would help if I could (I live near the netherlands, will that help in any way? :unsure: ;-)

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

No – location has very little to do with it. You could live inside where they built the machines and we would probably be just as far away from a proper re-creation. Especially since you need to ask the question.

makmak
                                          Participant
                                            @makmak

I was just joking ;-). For me I dont care wether its the original rules and modes and points and DMD. If I knew more about it, I would just assign some points to triggers and put some videos collections assigned to triggers into a puppack and play the hell out of this table ;-) as it already looks really nice (if it just were that easy…lol) but I am of no help as I dont know the smallest things like switching this table into cabinet view.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?