Congo (Williams 1995) VP10

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    doogie
    Participant
      @doogie

Try this script, let me know if it fixes your issue http://pastebin.com/av1eZG80

Well it doesn’t happen when the game starts now, but as soon as I use the flippers it then starts firing every second until the ball ends.

Chapel
      Participant
        @chapel78

Sadly having the same problem. The left flipper solenoid was firing continuously when i first loaded up the table. Tried the new script and it doesn’t do it at load but when I use the flipper it starts firing continuously. Running the vpx beta 2820 and Carny’s new vpm sam build 2.41 with the 2.41a update. Loved the 1.0 version of the table and can’t wait to check out 1.1 more. Thanks for the update.

Scooby
        Participant
          @scooby

Great looking table!  Unfortunately, I get the same left flipper solenoid continually firing.  I tried the updated script above, but the solenoid wants to keep firing away.

Any suggestions on what we can try to resolve this?

Thanks for all your work!

nFozzy
          Participant
            @nfozzy

I haven’t been able to reproduce it so far, I’ll keep trying.
            Until then here’s a script with an option to disable the flipper polling stuff at the top

http://pastebin.com/Gcs86Q4W

Arngrim
            Participant
              @arngrim
              DOF MinisterMember

same for me, S48 is fired all the time repetively

DJRobX
                @djrobx
                MemberModerator

same for me, S48 is fired all the time repetively

It’s doing what it’s supposed to do.   The game is “polling” VPM to determine if the flippers are active or not.     This is an innovative way to try and circumvent the delay caused by using VPM to activate the flippers until we can take the time to correct the problem in VPM itself.

It looks like it works quite well.     Of course, this is going to wreak havoc for DOF users.    You’ll want to add a custom DOF event (like an EM table) and not use S48/S47 to make contactor sounds.   Good news is you don’t have to redo EVERYTHING, just the flippers.

DJRobX
                  @djrobx
                  MemberModerator

I haven’t been able to reproduce it so far, I’ll keep trying. Until then here’s a script with an option to disable the flipper polling stuff at the top http://pastebin.com/Gcs86Q4W

Thing to keep in mind is that DOF users by default get their table events by connecting directly to the solenoid outputs of VPM.  So when your script virtually presses the flipper buttons to see if the flippers are turned on, their cabs are going to sound like the flippers are actually flipping!

It’s easily fixable on their end, you just have to explain what’s going on so they know not to use those solenoid outputs, and instead use a custom script event.

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw
                    ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’ve played a few games today and I noticed on a few occasions that I briefly lost control of the right flipper.  It would on be for a second.  I haven’t been able to consistently replicate, but best I can tell it seems to happen when a ball is coming out of a kicker.

The new version is looking and playing great otherwise.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

nFozzy
                    Participant
                      @nfozzy

Try one of the other scripts I posted, should fix that issue

Badfinger
                      Participant
                        @badfinger

I replaced all SolMod with ‘SolMod in the script and table then worked for me (with no Sol stuff installed), just saying.

Not sure I care about the SolMod stuff.    :whistle:

1968 - 1991 seems to be my favorite ERA of pinball machines.

nFozzy
                        Participant
                          @nfozzy

I replaced all SolMod with ‘SolMod in the script and table then worked for me (with no Sol stuff installed), just saying. Not sure I care about the SolMod stuff. :whistle:

What? What issues are you having?

To be honest DOF stuff is beyond me. I thought they were handled by controller.vbs – Do they really pull from the rom’s solenoids directly? If so, is there anything I can do through the table script to fix it?

Arngrim
                          Participant
                            @arngrim
                            DOF MinisterMember

i can script the flipper to dof to avoid the issue but is there really the only way? why this table has that and not the others?

Arngrim
                            Participant
                              @arngrim
                              DOF MinisterMember

one solution is there

on the dof config of the table, replace S48 by E101 and S46 by E102 for the flipper contactors

change the code like this in the script

sub LeftFlipperSound(updown)’called along with the flipper, so feel free to add stuff, EOStorque tweaks, animation updates, upper flippers, whatever.
                              if updown = 1 Then
                              playsound SoundFXDOF(“fx_Flipperup”,101,DOFOn,DOFContactors), 1, 0.5, -0.02 ‘flip ‘name,loopcount,volume,pan,randompitch
                              Else
                              playsound SoundFXDOF(“fx_Flipperdown”,101,DOFOff,DOFContactors), 1, 0.8, -0.01 ‘return
                              LeftFlipper.eostorque = defaultEOS
                              end if
                              end sub
                              sub RightFlipperSound(updown)
                              if updown = 1 Then
                              playsound SoundFXDOF(“fx_Flipperup”,102,DOFOn,DOFContactors), 1, 0.5, 0.02 ‘flip
                              Else
                              playsound SoundFXDOF(“fx_Flipperdown”,102,DOFOff,DOFContactors), 1, 0.8, 0.01 ‘return
                              RightFlipper.eostorque = defaultEOS
                              end if
                              end sub

nFozzy
                              Participant
                                @nfozzy

Thanks Arngrim, new version is uploading.

1.1a Changelog:

Fixes to the flipper polling script and DOF. Tweaks to Amy and the Grey modes, should make them more fun. Flash lamps now are brighter with the GI off just like inserts. Some other minor tweaks.

DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

I replaced all SolMod with ‘SolMod in the script and table then worked for me (with no Sol stuff installed), just saying. Not sure I care about the SolMod stuff. :whistle:

You probably don’t have the latest core.vbs.  It is included with the recent VP betas.  You also need the updated VPinMame DLLs.

Your solution is a good one if you don’t want to update yet.   You just won’t see any flashers.    We’re preparing a coordinated VP/B2S/VPM release to get everything current shortly.

Pinball Shawn
                                  Participant
                                    @pinballshawn

We’re preparing a coordinated VP/B2S/VPM release to get everything current shortly.

Very glad to hear this. Things have been updating so fast and often it’s become a little overwhelming for me, and many of us I’m certain. I can’t wait for one solid update.

Umpa
                                    Participant
                                      @umpa

We’re preparing a coordinated VP/B2S/VPM release to get everything current shortly.

Very glad to hear this. Things have been updating so fast and often it’s become a little overwhelming for me, and many of us I’m certain. I can’t wait for one solid update.

I 2nd that! :eek:

DJRobX
                                        @djrobx
                                        MemberModerator

Nobody’s forcing anybody to take an update.    That’s why I post changes in my own little thread in my own little corner of the vpuniverse.  :)  If I didn’t post the changes as I make them, the table authors couldn’t get the fixes, and I wouldn’t get feedback to the issues that are exposed with the changes.    There are WAY too many tables and combinations of things for me to test all by myself.

Your alternative is to simply use the official releases, and wait to play tables like this one and Star Trek LE that take advantage of the new features.   You can’t have it both ways folks.      Complaining about it absolutely sucks the motivation out of anyone trying to improve things.

CarnyPriest
                                        Participant
                                          @carnypriest

I think all of these concurrent developments are cool and exciting. In any case, I believe that DJRobX’s builds over the past two or three days have been up-to-date with the official source. So, it should have the updated sound cores, the universal real DMD support, and all of the modulated solenoids along with SAM support. It’s not missing much, so I’ve just been using his builds.

ICPjuggla
                                            @icpjuggla
                                            MembervipModerator

Nobody’s forcing anybody to take an update. That’s why I post changes in my own little thread in my own little corner of the vpuniverse. :) If I didn’t post the changes as I make them, the table authors couldn’t get the fixes, and I wouldn’t get feedback to the issues that are exposed with the changes. There are WAY too many tables and combinations of things for me to test all by myself. Your alternative is to simply use the official releases, and wait to play tables like this one and Star Trek LE that take advantage of the new features. You can’t have it both ways folks. Complaining about it absolutely sucks the motivation out of anyone trying to improve things.

So well said. Thank you for what your doing its amazing.. :-)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 85 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?