This topic contains 75 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author
     Skitso 
    Participant

ah, of course! Thanks! :)

Skitso 
    Participant

Is there a way to fix the ball reflection being way too visible while the ball is on the see-through part of the playfield?

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Without actually knowing in detail – I would expect it to be to change ball image in the script. There are some tables that does things like that. One is a table you should be pretty familiar with since you made such a great mod of. TZ. There, all of a sudden there is a gumball, right.

Skitso 
    Participant

Hmm, I’m not quite sure I follow you. I don’t want the ball image to change, but the reflection to stay the same, no matter the material it is rolling on.

I’m in the process of giving this table a slight visual polish in the same manner as I did earlier for TZ (adding shadows, improving textures, lighting and so forth)

One of the most major issue I’m having with this table is this:

Image4

On the left, you can see the ball on the normal playfield with a subtle reflection and a new, beautiful ball shadow. But when the ball is on the mini playfield glass (the right image), the reflection and ball shadow looks awful. I have no idea how to fix this… Pls halp! :)

Thalamus 

I’ll have to look at this later. But, I would consider some value for the shadow dependent on the z-axis. That you can get to without adding too  much stuff via the JP ballrolling that this already tracking balls on this table. Might be and idea to look at the version at github. I don’t remember if this was already included in this table or not.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

It’s an artifact of trying to reflect on the transparent image below it.  Only solution I’ve found is to turn off ball reflections on the playfield. In my opinion, ball shadows are a sufficient supplement.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Skitso 
    Participant

Thanks roth, but the same issue remains with the ballshadow too. It just looks ugly. But without shadow and reflection, the ball seems like floating, so I don’t know… maybe this table is beyond fixing in that regard. :/

Thalamus 

I have something back in my mind that I think Bord mentioned about height of the ball shadow. It’s one of the things that has stuck in my mind of needing to test but I still haven’t got around to try.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

The flipper polling behavior was removed, you don’t have the latest version.

Flipper DOF doesn’t work at all in 1.2 version.

Script still needs to be modified. Starting from line 1791 replace the code with something like this:

Sub SolLFlipper(Enabled)

If Enabled Then

‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperup”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.11

‘PlaySound SoundFX(“FlipperUpLeft”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.0 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT

PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“FlipperUpLeft”,101,DOFOn,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.0 ‘<———— NEW

LeftFlipper.RotateToEnd

Else

‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperdown”,DOFContactors), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.11

‘PlaySound SoundFX(“flipper_down”,0), 0, 1, -0.05, 0.11 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT

PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“flipper_down”,101,DOFOff,DOFFlippers), 0, 1, -0.05, 0.11 ‘<———— NEW

LeftFlipper.RotateToStart

LeftFlipper.EOStorque = DefaultEOS

End If

End Sub

‘SoundFX(“fx_flipperup”,DOFContactors)

Sub SolRFlipper(Enabled)

If Enabled Then

‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperup”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.15

‘PlaySound SoundFX(“FlipperUpLeft”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.0 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT

PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“FlipperUpLeft”,102,DOFOn,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.0 ‘<———— NEW

RightFlipper.RotateToEnd

Else

‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperdown”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.15

‘PlaySound SoundFX(“flipper_down”,0), 0, 1, 0.05, 0.11 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT

PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“flipper_down”,102,DOFOff,DOFFlippers), 0, 1, 0.05, 0.11 ‘<———— NEW

RightFlipper.RotateToStart

RightFlipper.EOStorque = DefaultEOS

End If

End Sub

‘flipnf

Sub SolULFlipper(Enabled)

If Enabled Then

‘ PlaySound “fx_flipperup”, 0, 0.5, -0.06, 0.15

ULeftFlipper.RotateToEnd

Else

‘ PlaySound “fx_flipperdown”, 0, 0.5, -0.06, 0.15

ULeftFlipper.RotateToStart

End If

End Sub

Or, you can update your DOF config so the left and right flippers use S48 and S46

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Thanks roth, but the same issue remains with the ballshadow too. It just looks ugly. But without shadow and reflection, the ball seems like floating, so I don’t know… maybe this table is beyond fixing in that regard. :/

I have ball shadows on Tee’d Off and it looks fine.  It is a raised playfield, but I don’t think that should make a difference.  You might need to play with the Depth Bias of the ball shadow to get it to look right.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

I have ball shadows on Tee’d Off and it looks fine. It is a raised playfield, but I don’t think that should make a difference. You might need to play with the Depth Bias of the ball shadow to get it to look right.

Space Time, too. No raised pf and ball shadow over elements below the pf work fine.

Spectrum1 
    Participant

Is there a way to move around and resize the DMD display?

Thalamus 

@specturm1: Read this https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/lesser-known-features-of-vpinmame-dmd/

– registry has x and y coordinates and freezy can use those, or you can punch them in yourself to the ini file.

Genesis38 
    Participant

Skitso, did you ever have a chance to work on this table and add your special touch as in others such as the shadow?

jammeri 
    Participant

How come after ball gets released from the top kickback hole (the ball lock, but lock is not active) it drains right between the flippers every time?

Running the 1.2 build.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  jammeri.
     Thalamus 

A bit confused to the question to be honest. If I understand you correctly. There is a upper left flipper that you are supposed to use. And, you have to remember. This is a computer. It sees things as 0′ and 1′ – it will not add randomness to anything unless it is told to do it. So, if you see patterns emerging, change something – so it is not 100% the same all the time. Can be scatter angle to a object like a wall, a kicker – what ever. Some randomness is essential in VP. Just don’t overdue it.

I’m a fan of giving absolutely all object some kind of randomness, except flippers. We are perfectly capable to add the randomness by our selves.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Thalamus.
Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account