Considering a new Playfield monitor in my Widebody

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Justin Riley
    Participant
      @baselope

I am looking at this monitor as a possible shoehorn into my existing widebody cab:

Acer EB0 Series EB490QK Black 48.5″ IPS 4ms (GTG) 60Hz,

Anyone have any experience with it?  I can remove the bezel, and route in a channel for it to fit I believe…

It looks to be the big brother of the ET430, but without the image burn in issue

and 4 ms  instead of 5

Appreciate your thoughts…

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Removing the bezel ? Yeah. well. I don’t really recommend doing such a thing. When you remove the bezel, there is a high chance of failure and you kind of weakens it. You have to remember that laying down in a cab and if you maybe have friends over and you even drink beers. There is a chance that you will get excited and shake the cab a little too.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

I also don’t recommend removing the bezel anymore.  I think the cab-build threads that used that technique are older and screens seemed much beefier ten years ago.  TV’s and monitors are so light these days I am assuming that the bezel has become a bigger part of the structural integrity.  I have a computer monitor that started fritzing out and solved the problem by finding a loose spot in the bezel.  I am no expert and also not familiar with that specific monitor AND I’ve learned from the people here that just about anything is possible, but I will avoid having to go that route when I pull the trigger and upgrade.

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?