Considering ZEBs EZINSTALL Kit as I’m a N00B

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mazzaneo
    Participant
      @mazzaneo

Hi Guys,

So, I’m pretty confident I’ve got cabinet assembly, computer hardware and monitors sorted but looking at DOF is seriously giving me a headache. I don’t think I want to get into the pain of assembling it all from scratch so…

I am considering purchasing Zeb’s EZINSTALL Kit with additional Lightbar and Plunger Kit.

I have a few questions that maybe you guys can help me with…

1. I am in Europe so is there anyone closer to me that can sell me this hardware?
      2. The solenoid example offered by Zeb’s is for the SS581T, these cost about 30 euro each, is there anything else cheaper anyone can recommend which will work with the kit?
      3. Does the plunger kit include the shooter and can someone confirm that it also incorporates nudge?
      4. Apart from buttons and LED strips what else would I need to buy to get a full DOF experience?

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks All !

Mario

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I have the Zeb EZ kit – bought it from Steve himself. You can according to this site, get it in Nederland ?! https://www.pinballshop.nl/zebsboards/?sl=en ( I have no experience with them, so don’t come crying )

You can buy replacement SS581T from amazon cheaper when they die on you. They will die, eventually like anything mechanical.

Zeb has changed the kit a bit from earlier. Used to exist a deluxe kit with three lighted buttons. Not fully sure how it is today. You should just head him up or – he might respond here soon too. He is a member.

The kit does not include the shooter. Version 3, which I’ve got ( and the current available ), but haven’t installed yet, has nudge on the plunger unit that you attach to the shooter. Two adjustable nobs for sensitivity and nudge. Be aware. It is important that the shooter is attached to the expected thickness of the cabinet. So, if you build a cabinet with thinner walls, you need to shimmy the plunger so it fits standard US plywood. Don’t remember the thickness.

EZ kit is all you need. Commercial says your up and running in 30 minutes. Took me about 60.

I recommend that you get in contact with Zeb – he is a great guy and will be able to answer all your questions.

mazzaneo
        Participant
          @mazzaneo

Thanks Thalamus,

I saw that link to pinballshop.nl, I don’t see a complete solution so will probably have to import from the states.

Happy to hear I’ll be good to go!

Regarding the solenoids, something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-Starter-Solenoid-Relay-1991-1997/dp/B01CXX0970/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=starter+solenoid+car&qid=1585646578&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&sr=8-20

is going to be far easier to source (much cheaper too.) Do we know if they would work?

Thalamus
            @thalamus

The Zeb kit runs on 12V. I didn’t see that mentioned. I have always just searched for Ford Solenoids, but, I actually haven’t bought any yet. What happened was that I screwed up something a while back and I told Zeb to ship a couple extra. I still have a spare. Believe these are correct https://www.amazon.com/Ford-SW3-Starter-Solenoid-Relay/dp/B004PKC1YO

They are included in the kit – so, it is only when they fail you need new ones. Just verify with Zeb.

mazzaneo
            Participant
              @mazzaneo

Yeah,

Zeb mentions on his site that he no longer sends with solenoids due to price fluctuations.

I wonder if these would work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/XuBa-Starter-Solenoid-Lincoln-1958-1991/dp/B084NV5L87/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Ford+12+Volt+SW3+Starter&qid=1585659300&sr=8-1

Zeb… feel free to chime in at any point :)

BTW I love this site.

You guys rock!

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Ah. Ok. Yes, believe those will work just fine. Again, Zeb will be able to verify when you order.

flstclasic
                Participant
                  @flstclasic

Zebs kit is highly recommended by me! This is the exact solenoid he shipped with the kit when it use to come with solenoids. The one you linked will work also.

https://www.amazon.com/JDMSPEED-Solenoid-Relay-Heavy-Starter/dp/B07GQY92H3/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Ford+Sw3+solenoid&qid=1585685778&sr=8-4

mazzaneo
                  Participant
                    @mazzaneo

Thanks all !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?