Contactor making chattering noise instead of thunk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MydknyteStyrm
    Participant
      @mydknytestyrm

New to DOF, just got the system working pretty well. Having two issues.

On three tables tested (Guns N Roses, Indy Jones, and T2) if I shoot the ball up a ramp, I get a chattering sound from the contactor instead of a thunk. Now this is a cool sound effect, but is it normal? Was the solenoid meant to act that way from the DOF programming? Or is the Sainsmart Relay board acting weird?

Another issue, for Twister. I have a fan setup and it works under the DOF test table. I figured Twister would make good use of the fan, but I get a chattering sound again from the contactor instead of any fan blowing. Now is this a programming error as well, or is something amiss?

If these were scripting issues with DOF, how would I go about fixing them?

Thanks! :good:

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Problem is sainsmart or really use of relays. Make sure you have intensity of contractors and fan at at max in config tool and regenerate a new config. Relays don’t work right with intensity less then 48

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Is this the DOF you installed?
          https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39557&hl=

If you are using a cabinet file you don’t need one

Post your GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml file

MydknyteStyrm
          Participant
            @mydknytestyrm

I didn’t even think of that. I was following mjr’s tutorial on DOF setup and just did the basics. Will test out and confirm. Thanks!

MydknyteStyrm
            Participant
              @mydknytestyrm

I downloaded DOF R3++ msi installer.

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

Do like randr mentioned with intensity…but also be sure you have diodes installed across your solenoids, shaker, gear, fan….anything that creates an inductive field. If you don’t have diodes installed…then whe those devices turn off the inductive field will collapse and feedback to your sainsmart and make it go crazy!

MydknyteStyrm
                Participant
                  @mydknytestyrm

Testing confirms intensity makes the fan go now. Still getting a bit of chattering which I discovered is not from the contactor per se, but rather the Sainsmart board.

TerryRed I have diodes on all mechanical parts with all the stripes going in the positive direction as per the Pinscape guide.

I’m going to try a different relay to see if it’s the programming or the Sainsmart itself.

MydknyteStyrm
                  Participant
                    @mydknytestyrm

Okay I found the culprit for the chatter. The Sainsmart is making the noise when my strobe goes off. The strobe I got from autozone and it has a connector box that dials up the speed of the flash and the style. Two little strobes are attached to this box. I assume don’t connect the box and go straight to the lights?

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

Yes i would try this -> I assume don’t connect the box and go straight to the lights?

MydknyteStyrm
                      Participant
                        @mydknytestyrm

Removed the strobe control box that came with the lights and directly hooked it up to Sainsmart relay. The chattering is still there, but I notice it when the light has to “strobe” and not “flash”. I assume this is just the relay firing on and off rapidly to create the strobe. So it all sounds good =)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?