Corinthian Master Bagatelle [COMPLETE]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    J4miePlayer
    Participant
      @j4mieplayer

Hi All, I’m new to Visual Pinball and am massively enjoying all your hard work so thought I should try to give back a little.

I don’t have any real pinball machines (would love one but don’t have the room or budget for that) but I do have an old Abbey Corinthian Master bagatelle table that I am going to have a go at recreating

Wish me luck

Attachments:
      J4miePlayer
      Participant
        @j4mieplayer

This was inspired by Ballyhoo which I was playing with today

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/ballyhoo-1932/

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Warbler33
        Participant
          @warbler33

Good luck on your first project!

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

You can also check out these two –

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/bunnyboard-marble-games-company-1932/

And included in this file is also a ‘pin’

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-light-williams-1984/

Love these.  Have fun!

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Love it. Great project! Looking forward to seeing it progress.

J4miePlayer
              Participant
                @j4mieplayer

Right.

I have made a start and slowly getting to grips with how the editor works I think. Version 1 will require a bit of tweaking I’m sure to fix code errors of a newbie

So far I have an extremely rough stitch of the playfield, pins and scoring done. I think the scale is about right,

I have a couple of questions if anyone can advise

Is changing the playfield dimensions the only way to scale the balls?
                The ball shadow seems to be way off, what have I messed up?

Still lots to do :-)

J4miePlayer
                Participant
                  @j4mieplayer

Progress Report.

• Playfield tidied up
                  • Various Pin Sounds recorded from the original and added to script
                  • Cup sound recorded and added
                  • Some code tweaks for the “Replay balls” and “Game over” pins
                  • Tweaked code for kicker firing more than 1 ball at a time

NEED HELP!

Trigger.DestroyBall seems to be really flakey, sometimes it is fine othertimes it leaves balls behind on the playfield when I reset the game. If I fire the same call from the debugger again it works??  If I fire it a few times at the start of the game it mostly clears the balls up. Am I missing a trick to remove all of the balls or to make sure they have really gone?

Other than that it is playing really well, almost the same as the origninal

Warbler33
                  Participant
                    @warbler33

I’m glad to hear things are going along well!

In response to your question, I’m not sure how much help I can be. But it also might help if you show some of the code in question. There are probably a lot of ways to achieve what you’re trying to do and I’m not sure someone can give a clear answer without more information.

Like, personally, I’m not sure what “Trigger.DestroyBall” does on your table. I’ve only used “.DestroyBall” with kickers. And in Ballyhoo,  I adapted Cavalcade’s ability to let the balls drop though the playfield to a hidden ball drain to clear most of the board.

I’m working on my next table on-and-off at the moment. On that, I was sometimes getting balls trapped in such a way that once I cleared out all the kickers to reset the game, the trapped ones could fall into the now empty kickers. So I set up a sub that basically just deletes all the balls in all the kickers. So now I set up my code to run that sub at the beginning of the game AND can now be triggered if you nudge the table before you launch the first ball of the game. Also, I sometimes put things in the code in a place where it doesn’t get triggered when I want. For example, perhaps there’s a Sub set up to clear the board at the end of the game that’s perfectly written. But if that isn’t referenced in the sub for resetting the game (as in, the code for when you hit the credit key after all the balls are played, etc.) then the code doesn’t know it should do the thing you put elsewhere.

Hopefully some part of that makes sense. What I’m basically trying to get across is that it’s hard to answer questions about problems with code without seeing at least part of the code in question. It’s possible there’s something simple like a trigger on the wrong surface of the table, or the code needs another line of something somewhere, or maybe there’s a really complex issue going on and it’ll require a clever solution.

Anyway, I hope you’re able to get things figured out – either by breaking and re-fixing it on your own or after getting advice from one of the many helpful people
                    around here. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished table! :-)

(EDIT – fixed a couple typos and made a few sentences more clear)

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Wow @warbler33 .  I don’t understand any of that but I hope it helps this project out.  Cool of you to type all that.  Did you…mention a new project??

Looking forward to playing this @j4mieplayer .  From the pics I can’t tell what the ball does after launching.  No figure 8 or gate/bumper lane at top.  Where’s it go??  Hope you’re having fun!

Warbler33
                      Participant
                        @warbler33

Ha – somehow I knew you were going to see that, @jfr1 ;-)   . I don’t want to hijack j4mieplayer’s thread, so all I can say right now is that I do have a project in the works. B-)

J4miePlayer
                        Participant
                          @j4mieplayer

@warbler33 Thanks for the advice, I’m having a good check of the code today

@jfr1
                          It should not be long before you can play with any luck. The first pin is spring steel which kicks the ball off to the side ( and falls out of the wood in the real board )

J4miePlayer
                          Participant
                            @j4mieplayer

Think I have fixed it, it helps to RTFM

Good enough for v1.0 so I’m uploading. Backglass and wheel done too :-)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?