Couple of simple questions from a newbie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Johnny T
    Participant
      @johnnyt

Hi all,

I’m setting up VPX and PinupPlayer and have spent most of the weekend watching the brilliant videos by TerryRed on YouTube.

I have just got a couple of questions that have arisen as I try and get everything working and I hoped someone here could help.

1. What does “LE” stand for? I downloaded the pup pack for the Avengers table and it had a note saying it wasn’t for the “LE” version of the table. I’ve seen other tables such as “AC-DC_Back In Black LE-1.4.rar” and just wondered what the LE denoted?
      2. I downloaded a pup pack for ACDC (https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/acdc-mod-1-3) and it has the folder “acd_170h” which I’ve put in my pup videos folder. How do I tell what table this is associated with? I downloaded both “AC/DC Premium-LE-Luci” and “AC-DC_LUCI-1.4” but the pup pack doesn’t seem to run. Is there a file somewhere that says what game the pup pack is referencing?

Thanks for any help you can give me :-)

Badazzwi
      Participant
        @badazzwi

LE = limited edition

The pup pack folder is named for the rom that the table uses. Open the table in the editor and click on the script. Look for cgamename and it will show what rom the table is using.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Johnny T
        Participant
          @johnnyt

LE = limited edition

The pup pack folder is named for the rom that the table uses. Open the table in the editor and click on the script. Look for cgamename and it will show what rom the table is using.

Why would a table be a “limited edition”? Sorry if that’s a daft question but do you mean that it was a ‘real life’ table and limited edition in real life? Or do you mean that it will only appear for download for a short time before being removed? Or something else..?

I actually just ran the ACDC table I had downloaded and a new folder called “acd_168h” appeared in my PUPVideos folder (the Pup pack for ACDC that I downloaded was in a folder called “acd_170h”) So I copied the contents of acd_170h into acd_168h and it seems to be working. Is that the correct way of doing things or am I going to run into problems with this method?

Thanks for your answers and help  :-)

Badazzwi
          Participant
            @badazzwi

Limited edition in real life. Xmen had a Wolverine LE and a Magneto LE. The table here can be switched to either via the script.

With acdc it may work the way you are doing it but the proper way would be to use the newer acd_170h rom with the table. Typically you will find the most up to date version of a table here but there is newer version 1.5 of the table over at vpuniverse. That one may already be using the acd_170h rom. I’m not quite sure. Ninuzzu has most of his tables up to date over there. Sadly he is no longer around.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Johnny T
            Participant
              @johnnyt

That’s brilliant! Thanks for all your help, it’s very much appreciated :-)

Mlager8
              Participant
                @mlager8

Use this google spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGcS7GbpfzBbYyPf4eNKbvGoWS5-sqU0V-MFRrt-yWY/edit#gid=1358021413

There’s 2 tabs, “new or updated tables” will list latest table updates for the number of days specified in row 1. “search for table” will let you type in the name of any table youre looking for and will provide links to all versions of the table available and links to the associated media like backglass, roms, icons, puppacks etc.

The only exception is gottlieb roms are not available anymore by manufacturer legal action. Google around for those.

Johnny T
                Participant
                  @johnnyt

Use this google spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGcS7GbpfzBbYyPf4eNKbvGoWS5-sqU0V-MFRrt-yWY/edit#gid=1358021413

There’s 2 tabs, “new or updated tables” will list latest table updates for the number of days specified in row 1. “search for table” will let you type in the name of any table youre looking for and will provide links to all versions of the table available and links to the associated media like backglass, roms, icons, puppacks etc.

The only exception is gottlieb roms are not available anymore by manufacturer legal action. Google around for those.

Wow! What an amazing resource! That’s brilliant.

I’m using Launchbox as a front end so it will be great to be able to get some media to put together images etc as well.

Thanks for posting the link. Much appreciated :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?