Creature From The Black Lagoon (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    fuzzel
    Participant
      @fuzzel
      VP DEV

I was lucky enough to play the real thing last week… and I don’t say this very often BUT the VPX is WAY more fun than the real machine…IMO (hides from randr) thanks guys!!!

I usually always play digital over real just because I like to mess with the stuff so much. I will say vpx is a bit easier then my cftbl. Not to bad but a bit easier

You can increase the global difficulty value in the table properties if it’s too easy for you.

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

I was lucky enough to play the real thing last week… and I don’t say this very often BUT the VPX is WAY more fun than the real machine…IMO (hides from randr) thanks guys!!!

I usually always play digital over real just because I like to mess with the stuff so much. I will say vpx is a bit easier then my cftbl. Not to bad but a bit easier

You can increase the global difficulty value in the table properties if it’s too easy for you.

I’ve never understood what the global difficulty does?… how does it effect the table to make it easier or harder??… physics??

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Some elements change. Most noticeable is maybe the kickers. Default table has a kicker. Easy to play with.

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’ve never understood what the global difficulty does?… how does it effect the table to make it easier or harder??… physics??

It’s kind of like a turrets dial.  The higher you set it, the more cuss words that randomly come out.

As I understand it, it does impact the physics.  Higher settings will increase scatter angles for example creating more randomness.

Thalamus reminded me of this setting earlier this week.  I had it set to 20 on Jive Time and was regularly scoring around 200k.  I cranked that baby up to 100 and now 100k is a challenge.  And it feels and plays much more like my real machine.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

LeChucksBeard
            Participant
              @lechucksbeard

I have never paid attention to that setting or touched it, but in CFTBL it seems that it’s pretty easy to hit the ramps over and over, but on the other hand, getting STDM all the time. I haven’t played any other table where I beat the “grand champion” score after just a few games like this. It may have been set low to begin with though.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

To me vp always seem a bit easier to play not saying this table in particular just in general.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

3 users thanked author for this post.
                  randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Fuzzel you did a great job!
                    but with the crew you had how could you go wrong!
                    Thanks Flupper, Roth, clark and haunt! some of the great VP contributors in this build!

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    DJRobX
                      @djrobx
                      MemberModerator

Awesome table, looks and plays great!

FYI, if your creature is turning on and off a lot, you may have something mapped to the left arrow key.  There’s some debugging script left over that turns the creature on and off when you hit Left.   On my cab this was the left flipper.   Not sure why mine is mapped that way since I’m using gamepad buttons for flippers, but commenting out the block of code starting with “If keycode=203 Then ‘left array key” fixed it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      roar
                      Participant
                        @roar

Well… 20 minutes in and this is a winner… looks amazing, plays amazing… no draining down the middle near as much as the real machine… haven’t put together a good game yet but thought I’d take a sec to say how awesome it is. Back to playing.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I see a game of the week pic here :good:

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sliderpoint
                          Participant
                            @sliderpoint
                            MemberContributor

Awesome table, looks and plays great! FYI, if your creature is turning on and off a lot, you may have something mapped to the left arrow key. There’s some debugging script left over that turns the creature on and off when you hit Left. On my cab this was the left flipper. Not sure why mine is mapped that way since I’m using gamepad buttons for flippers, but commenting out the block of code starting with “If keycode=203 Then ‘left array key” fixed it.

Thanks for that info! I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on.

Micronaut
                            Participant
                              @micronaut
                              CFTTBL is one of my favorite pinball of the 90′ s, this work for VPX is of a very high level, congratulations to the group that has made possible this magnificent virtual wonder, thanks guys, you get better day to day, and now I’m going to play …but I’ll come back. :bye:
                              Ben Logan2
                              Participant
                                @benlogan2

It’s absolutely fantastic. Totally delivers the goods following the anticipation.

EDIT: Snackbar targets work fine after multiball jackpot. My aim was off!

Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

I do get some ball stutter on this table.  Wondering if there have been any new elements in the ever ongoing game performance discussion that I might have missed over the last several months?

*edit*  Playfield reflections seems to have been the culprit.  With that off it plays smooth.  I don’t remember PF reflections having that much of an impact, for me, in the past… were there any changes to this?

blackvulcan3
                                  Participant
                                    @blackvulcan3

Super cool table, really well done. Just done a test so far and I need to change some cabinet POV settings, but this is one fun table and looks great.

Ben Logan2
                                    Participant
                                      @benlogan2

I love how bright the insert lighting is. Looks really nice as a dark table. Plays really smoothly on my machine. Ramps catch the light beautifully. Creature hologram is totally hot — you guys nailed that!

Literally just spent four hours playing. Friday night well spent. Thanks so much Fuzzel and team!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      imagamejunky
                                      Participant
                                        @imagamejunky

Fuzzel! Masterpiece dude! Great job

My youtube channel
                                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85zq3VgibnPTOkielbyReg

vogliadicane
                                        Participant
                                          @vogliadicane

wow, just wow :yes: . You guys should see how f*cking crisp this one looks in my 4k cab. At today’s inflation on selling Xk resolutions I bet this one is 8K – lol.

Just out of curiosity: I saw there is a ball shadow image, but I definitely don’t have a ball shadow here. Did I miss some setting in the options?

fuzzel
                                          Participant
                                            @fuzzel
                                            VP DEV

The ball shadow is very subtle you can see it sometimes when the ball rolls over the hologram.

This table has a lot transplant elements so you need a fast graphics card to get smooth game play. It runs butter smooth on my old AMD Athlon with a 1050ti

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?