Creature From The Black Lagoon (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

According to the manual, sw18 is for the center shot, so combining it with startCenterWireRamp_Hit would not be appropriate.  The switch should be added to the playfield surface right above “Hey, Move Your Car!”

cftbl

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      DJRobX
        @djrobx
        MemberModerator

Hmm. I know that both of you guys should be able to provide the fix via a repo I’ve come to know. Any reasons why you don’t ?

Wob’s second post about how to do it in a script-only way came from exactly this discussion – if the table isn’t updated we at least have a way to capture the fix in your repo, but it’s better if the table gets fixed officially.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Not my repo Rob. Ours. (Community) And, yes – nothing is better than a updated corrected table.  :good:

Wob76
          Participant
            @wob76

According to the manual, sw18 is for the center shot, so combining it with startCenterWireRamp_Hit would not be appropriate. The switch should be added to the playfield surface right above “Hey, Move Your Car!”

I have only just realised that startCenterWireRamp_Hit is actually on the raised ramp and not the PF :wacko:. I am a newbie at the editor, I now see startCenterWireRamp_Hit has a Surface defined, I assume that puts it on the ramp?

So as @rothbauerw has stated startCenterWireRamp_Hit wouldn’t be appropriate, so script fix it out.

His placement is pretty much spot on, this is where it end up with a simple drop in of the VP9 sw18, also worth noting there should be a wire gate here, probably omitted because the ramp obscures it anyway, but that is beyond my skill level with the editor :)

SW18

markrock76
            Participant
              @markrock76

According to the manual, sw18 is for the center shot, so combining it with startCenterWireRamp_Hit would not be appropriate. The switch should be added to the playfield surface right above “Hey, Move Your Car!”

I have only just realised that startCenterWireRamp_Hit is actually on the raised ramp and not the PF :wacko:. I am a newbie at the editor, I now see startCenterWireRamp_Hit has a Surface defined, I assume that puts it on the ramp?

So as @rothbauerw has stated startCenterWireRamp_Hit wouldn’t be appropriate, so script fix it out.

His placement is pretty much spot on, this is where it end up with a simple drop in of the VP9 sw18, also worth noting there should be a wire gate here, probably omitted because the ramp obscures it anyway, but that is beyond my skill level with the editor :)

SW18

Thanks for the head’s up about this.   There is a gate right next to it that can be copy and pasted and moved in to place.  It is sw36Gate.  Might need to adjust the height of it.  I haven’t gone that far with it yet.

2019-04-04_192631

Wob76
              Participant
                @wob76

Thanks for the head’s up about this. There is a gate right next to it that can be copy and pasted and moved in to place. It is sw36Gate. Might need to adjust the height of it. I haven’t gone that far with it yet.

I decided to have a crack at doing just that, looking at some pictures sw36Gate should actually be a little further up that lane, near where the switch primitive is. I did have to lower the gate height so it didn’t impact the ramp above. I also modified the trigger placement to match the gate similar to sw36\gate36, and added in a screw on the right of the gate.

It has minimal impact as it is mostly obscured by the ramps, but this was my end result, quick debug test and the ball moves though at triggers each gate as expected.

I have even more respect for table authors now having played with the editor a little more, it “interesting” to work with. :)

Before\After

CFTBL

New Gate Values

Capture

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Thanks fuzzel :good:

crashb4
                  Participant
                    @crashb4

Sweet. Can’t wait to get home to play this one. I miss my machine. Thanks to all who made it possible. Great work as always.

BTW, has anyone seen a color DMD for this table?

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

@fuzzel : Thank you !! :rose:

— and that goes for you too @wob76 / @djrobx

GlueSniffinEd
                        Participant
                          @gluesniffined

Great table and the lighting is wonderful!  Thank you very much for this!

bord
                            @bord
                            MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks, @fuzzel!

Bob Albright
                            Participant
                              @bobalbright

Love this table—play it often–thank you

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw
                                ModeratorContributorMembervip

I learned what a credit dot is.  I noticed it but didn’t know what it meant.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Draifet
                                Participant
                                  @draifet

Thanks for the update. Just a small suggestion, the ramp protectors are under the playfield on the bottom, they are together on the same primitive, but if u raise them a little they look fine and at least with a cabinet POV I can’t see a gap (Z -> 2,5)

Wob76
                                  Participant
                                    @wob76

Thanks for adding the fixes @fuzzel

Loganchihuahua
                                    Participant
                                      @chihua07

Thanks so much for the fixes.  Much appreciated.

redrooster
                                      Participant
                                        @redrooster

Is it just me, or is the gate you added overtly loud?  When i hit the move your car area and it rattles out, it makes very loud almost twang.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

If you don’t like it. Use sound manager to lower its volume. Or, replace it with another sample. Just find the sound. Press the reimport from button and pick a replacement sound.

redrooster
                                          Participant
                                            @redrooster

I tried that, and can’t seem to find it…weird.  I’ll look again.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 129 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?