Cross Town (Gottlieb 1966)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Gwen
    Participant
      @gwen

Thanks, @gwen. The B2S is darker than normal for two reasons. I pushed it darker than normal since it has that lighted back plate that I wanted to highlight and also disguise the weak resolution of the image. The second reason is that I built it remotely and didn’t test on a calibrated monitor and it came out darker than I wanted. The thought of redoing all the snippets, including the door animation, made me want to throw my computer out the window so I left it. I really hate making EM backglasses.

Hehe, no worries, the table is beautiful =)

Gwen
      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Tried a few different versions of vpx – NOT seeing what 3rdaxis posted. And my newest version is 3721. Just haven’t updated yet on the cab.

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

Super pretty!

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

Thanks folks for another great release!

arconovum
            Participant
              @nicholaschristopher
              MemberContributor

Thanks again bord, so glad you did not clean up the playfield.. love it, and of course it borders on amazing!

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

Good ears Thalamus!  I thought that I had put bell sounds into the table because the table has two bells, a small bell on the left wall in the cab and a big bell in the left side of the head.

I’ve submitted a new version to Bord that has nice bright sounding bell sounds in it to replace the junky sounding Williams chime sounds.  The Williams units have the support holes bored in the same location on each chime bar so the low pitch bars just go clunk because the holes are not located at a node for the bar while the high pitched bar sounds good because they accidentally hit the nodes on that one.  Gottlieb units are engineered correctly so all the bars ring out nicely.  I’ve owned two Williams units and the recording of the chimes is from my Tropic Fun table.

No one has found the Easter Egg that I hid in the table??  It is very obvious once you trigger it.

BTW no cheating by  looking through the code, you can trigger it by messing around with the table. B-)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                Teahaus
                Participant
                  @teahaus

Really enjoying this table.  Love the easter egg……..totally awesome I must say.  Yes, the BRD highscore is hard to get near.  Closest I’ve managed in hour of play is 1085…….will keep trying.  Nice job…….

Teahaus
                  Participant
                    @teahaus

oops……..hope I didn’t give away the easter egg surprise in my last post.  Realized what I wrote and quickly edited it………hope no one noticed!!

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Nice job Teahaus on finding it!

When Bord asked me about doing the table the first thing that I thought of was one of my favorite tracks off of Electric Ladyland album, Cross Town Traffic.  I couldn’t get the tune out of me head so I asked him if I could put it in as an Easter egg.  Did you notice that Jimi pops out of the subway car as well while the song is playing!

Teahaus
                      Participant
                        @teahaus

Made the whole game just that much better to me!!  I’m a guitar player so Jimi is like god around here………good idea!!  Nice job by both you and Bord.

absurdisarm
                        Participant
                          @absurdisarm

Hell yes – this table rules! Check another off my vp x wantlist. Thanks!!

Draifet
                          Participant
                            @draifet

Thanks for this table, a lot of detail put on it. I found the easter egg on the first play by accident pushing the right magnasave button. I’m still trying to catch the 1200 score, but I’m getting close.

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Very nice, bord :good:

I only get a very loud and longer Sound-Effect on Ball Release … like a “small Rocket” ;-)
                              Solved: i use “A” for Plunger, uncomented 566 :bye:

IMG_20190616_115924

united kingdom
                              Participant
                                @rockhouse

:yes: :good:   :bye: thanks

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I’ve been offline most the week but cannot wait to try this tonight. Man I take s little time off and I feel like I’m missing out! ?

********************************************************
                                  Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                  for IOS and Android

Schreibi34
                                  Participant
                                    @schreibi34

Outstanding! The 3D depth of the table is unbelievable! For me one of the most important things on a table. Beautyfull lighting!

Thanks!!

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Can’t agree with Schreibi34 more. It is an absolute jewel.

Micronaut
                                      Participant
                                        @micronaut

wow!  :heart:
                                        pretty table from the 60’s, :good:
                                        the lighting looks great, the game style of the pinballs of that time offered ease to play and understand the rules, but difficulty to make high scores,
                                        very good job, thank you bord, scottacus & all who have collaborated  :bye:

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

Just spending time with this now and WOW…thanks Bord and Scottacus.  My older brother had this pin in his off-campus house back in the 70’s.  I’d visit and be amazed how someone had a pinball machine in their house.  And now? .. I have a Krynski pin in my house and next to it my VP cab with 200 (and growing daily) games.  Love the play of this and also the worn-in look.

Looking forward to finding the Easter Egg!!     Thanks guys.  This is fun/magical stuff.  Thalamus called this table a jewel and that is dead on balls accurate.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Finally had some time to get this loaded on the cab. looks GREAT! plays GREAT! thanks @bord

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                            for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?