Cuphead Pro (D. Goblett 2020)

• This topic has 83 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by JR.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    sicknick550
    Participant
      @sicknick550

Hey Outhere.

“If you are running the Latest backglass server, You can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game
      Then in that res file make changes for that table..”

Not exactly sure what you mean in this part of the issue.

I made a copy of the screenres.txt

Changed the width to 1918 in that copy

renamed the copy to Cuphead Pro (D.Goblett 2020).txt

I clearly did something wrong because it didn’t fix the b2s

Rajo Joey
      Participant
        @joey2001

Cuphead Pro (D.Goblett 2020).txt

That must be named Cuphead Pro (D.Goblett 2020).res. Then it works.

Thanks Outhere. :good:

2 users thanked author for this post.
        sicknick550
        Participant
          @sicknick550

That did it!  Thanks you guys :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Peter222
          Participant
            @swietlikowa

@swietlikowa @joey2001

See — Separate ScreenRes.txt file — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/

In the new file set your Back glass width to 1918

Thanks! It works, but it is the first table of the hundreds with which I had to do it. I wonder why?

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

swietlikowa @joey2001
              See — Separate ScreenRes.txt file — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/
              In the new file set your Back glass width to 1918Thanks! It works, but it is the first table of the hundreds with which I had to do it. I wonder why?

I think I have 2 games that I had to do that on
              Maybe somebody will charm in and let us know why

Onevox
              Participant
                @rooster

I’m perplexed by it. I thought maybe I had two backglass images loaded in the b2s designer file or something, but I’m not seeing that. If someone could try this file and see if the problem persists and let me know, I’d appreciate it.  I’ll upload if it’s better.

Thanks @outhere for helping solve the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19K0b49M9q4ifMiBGJZxdWvDLLX7IBeTV/view?usp=sharing

Onevox

goblindriver
                Participant
                  @goblindriver

@onevox

I was initially having the same problem so I thought I would test and report back. The new file did not solve the problem for me. I can confirm that changing the width in the .res file to 1918 did work.

Retrogamer78
                  Participant
                    @retrogamer78

Thank you so much for this!!

nanuk
                    Participant
                      @nanuk

just wow love it especialy witht the music

S5TLTH
                      Participant
                        @kia9878

swietlikowa @joey2001

In the new file set your Back glass width to 1918Thanks! It works, but it is the first table of the hundreds with which I had to do it. I wonder why?

I think I have 2 games that I had to do that on

Maybe somebody will charm in and let us know why

hey outhere – this method isn’t working for me. Any setting I do in the new res file has no effect on my backglass. Latest B2S server is installed, so I don’t know whats wrong here. I’m stumped.

Onevox
                        Participant
                          @rooster

@kia9878 Try downloading the non-pro Cuphead version B2S and see if the problem persists. All I did was add lights to the devil’s eyes on the pro version and have no idea why it’s behaving differently.

Onevox

S5TLTH
                          Participant
                            @kia9878

@Onevox, that worked, thanks! beautiful table, I love it!

Jopp
                            Participant
                              @joppnl

Thank you, love the game (since a log time already but it improved every time, :good: )

I’d like to report this:

Pkickerhole: did work fine for a lot of games but then: I started multiball: 2 ball, 1 ‘golden’ and 1 normal.

The golden ball got into the pkickerhole and….stayed there.

I thought: cool…a feature…but then later the only ball remaining got lost so I was waiting for that trapped ball to kick in but…nothing.
                              So…no feature but bug?? :wacko:

Could only exit table.

May-be this has been reported earlier…I read something about a metal ramp to come up…but nothing here.

Other: current backglass: been reported I see but standard it’s like you’re seeing double (or like it’s a 3D version without having 3D glasses on…. ).
                              This 2nd image appears when the lights go on when starting the table.
                              So: first the BG is dark (without lights) and image is ok, then lights go on and a illuminated, 2nd image appears but not on the same location as the first making it a double. (tested today with the latest improved BG file.

I did read the solution for it but I just reverted to the older BG…works fine.

Thanks again for this great fun table!!

My favorite pinball machine?
                              Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

HiRez00
                              Participant
                                @hirez00

@rooster

I too was getting the “double image” on the b2s when booted in my cab. The .res file fix worked, but my background / desktop is blue and was bleeding through the right side when the backglass loaded.

I opened the backglass file in B2S Designer and couldn’t see anything initially “wrong” with anything … but, I had alot of bugs appear when I was making a couple b2s files where things worked and looked fine in the b2s designer, but then when loaded in my cab things were knocking out of alignment.

One fix I found to work with mis alignment was replacing the backglass image PNG file with a JPEG at high quality. I could then use PNG images on top of the backglass image and it seems to be a work around for whatever bug was happening.

Your backglass has a single PNG image and then uses built in lighting to illuminate … so I tried this …

The fix that worked for YOUR B2S file was to remove the DMD image. I deleted it from the resources and then reset the DMD position, and that worked. So it must be something with that DMD image that was throwing it off when illuminating.

I have an image running through PinballX on my DMD so I wasn’t using the image you had in the b2s file anyway … but at least it fixed the issue and didn’t need a res file for the b2s to fill the screen properly.

I didn’t have the proper font (Agency FB) on my system and the Agency FB font I downloaded the backglass didn’t recognize, so I have to swap out the text fields with the Agency FB font I downloaded. It looks exactly the same as the one in your b2s but perhaps it is a little different, otherwise I would send you the fixed B2S, but hopefully you can fix as I listed above on your end.

Hope this helps.

Onevox
                                Participant
                                  @rooster

Thanks for the investigation.  I’ll take a look at what you’ve uncovered and repost a fixed file.

Onevox

Coptimus
                                  Participant
                                    @coptimus

This table is amazing.  Awesome work!!!  I do love the music.

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

Cool stuff. Weird stuff with that b2s but I sorted it out after reading the thread.

Punch it!

JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

Just a reminder/heads up for Cup fans, Scottacus is well into his homebrew build of this table.  Head over to pinside and check it out.  Unbelievable.  But get in line behind me – – I asked first about putting a deposit down for a pre-order.

freneticamnesic
                                          @freneticamnesic
                                          vipModeratorMember

Just a reminder/heads up for Cup fans, Scottacus is well into his homebrew build of this table. Head over to pinside and check it out. Unbelievable. But get in line behind me – – I asked first about putting a deposit down for a pre-order.

Holy crap he’s given me new inspiration. I wish that cobrapin board could interface with VPM through DOF like the LEDWiz though, that looks like a godsend

Punch it!

Onevox
                                          Participant
                                            @rooster

I’m going to rebuild the b2s this weekend. I got so lost in my next project that I forgot about this.  Thanks for the reminder by floating this to the top.

Onevox

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?