Cyclone (pinball) Williams Electronics

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    fourbanks
    Participant
      @fourbanks

Hi Guys

i have downloaded the vpx files plus the beta file to play Cyclone (Williams 1988) and it’s not loading thanks

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/cyclone-williams-1988/

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/visual-pinball-x-standalone-exe-10-6/

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

I’m not sure what i have done wrong

thanks for any help here

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

What about the rom

https://www.vpforums.org/

bjschneider93
        Participant
          @bjschneider93

Using the installer instead of the standalone might be a good idea if you are new to this

fourbanks
          Participant
            @fourbanks

thanks, guys. the installer loads the game at preparing the table but when you click on play the screen goes blank and a message pops up user is not legally entitled to play this game?

Badazzwi
            Participant
              @badazzwi

Go to your pinmame folder which should be located in your vp folder. Run setup and then setup defaults. Make sure cabinet mode is checked. That should take care of it.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

go to visual pinball/vpinmame/setup.  open the setup and click test. find the cyclone rom in the list and click start.  you can then click yes I am legal to own and you will never have to do it again.  Go try the table then

fourbanks
                Participant
                  @fourbanks

Go to your pinmame folder which should be located in your vp folder. Run setup and then setup defaults. Make sure cabinet mode is checked. That should take care of it.

i have done that barry still going to a blank screen after preparing the table? i run the set up in the setup mode, not setup 64? my computer is a I7 chip 12 GB ram 64-bit windows 10

fourbanks
                  Participant
                    @fourbanks

go to visual pinball/vpinmame/setup. open the setup and click test. find the cyclone rom in the list and click start. you can then click yes I am legal to own and you will never have to do it again. Go try the table then

Thanks tom

it cant find the rom so i guess i need to install the rom files from somwhere for this game and put into the folder?

fourbanks
                    Participant
                      @fourbanks

do i still need to install the beta vpx files for this setup and put into the main 10.6 main folders?

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

This is an article from 2017 – so, the VPX beta is a bit newer, but the rest still applies. I recommend that you try to follow the tutorial and once you get it to work you should be ready to repeat it for Cyclone https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=160

This is the newest “all-in-one” installer, and you pick VPX6setup.zip after you’ve pressed that Download button. ( in case you haven’t already ).

fourbanks
                        Participant
                          @fourbanks

This is an article from 2017 – so, the VPX beta is a bit newer, but the rest still applies. I recommend that you try to follow the tutorial and once you get it to work you should be ready to repeat it for Cyclone https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=160

This is the newest “all-in-one” installer, and you pick VPX6setup.zip after you’ve pressed that Download button. ( in case you haven’t already ).

HI

I have followed that article word for word and still going to a blank screen after preparing the table? where do i get the cyclone rom from? or in this case, I don’t need the rom for this pinball game?  thanks

also get the message cant open the core VBS ?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Did you get the two first tables to run ? Where did you get the rom for – for the rom enabled table ? Try searching internet for “cycln_l5.zip”.

You should leave the rom ( the zip file – still compressed inside the roms subfolder ). If you get errors for not being able to open core.vbs – well, then you’re doing something wrong or have put old scripts into tables folder. Never ever put *.vbs files inside tables folder, at least not before knowing what will happen if you do.

How do you know what rom goes to what tables ? You can open setup.exe inside vpinmame folder. Then run the test button. You will then be able to scroll down until you find the table name and the rom name. Also, inside the table script you will often find this line “cgamename” – that constant contains the rom name that you need ( without the *.zip extension ).

Const cGameName = “cycln_l5”

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

You need the cyclone rom from vpf, put it in the rom folder in vpinmame and leave it zipped.  You have to make sure you download the same one that the table specifies in the top of the script.  Leave it zipped and place it in the rom folder and then follow my instructions above

fourbanks
                              Participant
                                @fourbanks

still not working?

i have downloaded the cyclone roms from here

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=cyclone&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#617

ROMs:
                                36 KB
                                ZIP
                                Game ROM L-1
                                [Williams Electronics Games, Inc.]

181 KB
                                ZIP
                                Game ROM L-5
                                [Williams Electronics Games, Inc.]

80 KB
                                ZIP
                                PinMAME Romset (L-4)

178 KB
                                ZIP
                                PinMAME Romset (L-5)

and put them unzipped in the main vpx folder ? or should they go in the vpiname folder unzipped ?

thanks

LynnInDenver
                                Participant
                                  @lynnindenver

They go into VPinMAME/roms/ (not the main VPX folder, and not just in the VPinMAME folder within the VPX folder, but in the roms folder within the VPinMAME folder). And they must remain zipped. You might also need to right click on the rom zip, and then click the “unblock” button if it’s visible.

What’s going on is that Visual Pinball is calling on VPinMAME to run that software, and VPinMAME is expecting the file to be in a specific place, and that it’s a set of files within a zip folder.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

fourbanks
                                  Participant
                                    @fourbanks

we’re getting there with the test showing the rom is good in the test. however, it’s still going to a blank screen on clicking on play the table? are there some adjustment to this set up in which need changing. i have looked but couldn’t see anything  my computer can’t handle

the cant open core vbs is still showing however ?

thank you

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Turn off the exclusive fullscreen setting under video preferences.

fourbanks
                                      Participant
                                        @fourbanks

Turn off the exclusive fullscreen setting under video preferences.

that’s worked but now getting unable to open s11 vbs ensure it’s in the scripts folder.?

i haven’t touched this folder

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

It should be inside c:\visual_pinball\scripts folder. If it is, then turn off your god damn anti-virus or anti-spyware :)

fourbanks
                                          Participant
                                            @fourbanks

i have a s11 script in the scripts folder is that correct? i have turned off my antivirus but still, no joy with the message cant open core VBS. the full view turned off and have tried both low and high resolution in the graphic settings also off is ambient occlusion.

the nudge and test file is working although I’m getting a different message about vp 10. 2 or newer and something about a dof section and the registry

thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?