Cyclone (pinball) Williams Electronics

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

You did not tell me if you got the tutorial tables working or not. If not, then you’ve broken your installation some way or another. Not a big deal though. You could just take care of the table and rom – run the uninstaller, delete the c:\visual_pinball folder completely and then run the one in all installer again. This time – don’t mess it up with antivirus running or putting files where they don’t belong. Roms NOT unzipped into roms folder and table ( vpx file ) into tables folder. And, yes, still keeping the exclusive fullscreen off.

fourbanks
      Participant
        @fourbanks

i have not got the tutorial tables working? i have uninstalled and reinstalled the main folder and put the ROMs in the ROM folder unzipped. i have put the cyclone tables in the tables folder but still, keep getting the script error?

is their another main file to download from somewhere else?

i also set up from piname folder 32 bit in which was successfully instaled

this is hard work but am determined to get this scrip folder sorted if possible

thanks

Thalamus
          @thalamus

How many times do I need to say that the rom should NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT be unzipped ? Everything is correctly installed if you used the installer that I referred to earlier. It is just a question of doing exactly what gtxjoe explained in the tutorial and once you managed it once – then keep doing it for other tables.

fourbanks
          Participant
            @fourbanks

i haven’t unzipped it ?

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Well. It is good then. And then it is still your antivirus/defender that is messing you up. I advice you to do gtxjoe’s tutorial – no matter if that is the game you want to play. Doing it to a tee ensures that you at least are doing things correctly once and please try both. It tells us if the install is broken or not.

fourbanks
              Participant
                @fourbanks

i have just placed them as they were all zipped sorry for any confusion

fourbanks
                Participant
                  @fourbanks

Cyclone VP9 by melon. December 2009.

‘ Build For VPX by Sliderpoint 2017…

Option Explicit

Randomize

On Error Resume Next

ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile(“controller.vbs”)

If Err Then MsgBox “Can’t open controller.vbs”

On Error Goto 0

‘**************************************************************

‘                                                                                               DECLARACIONES

‘**************************************************************

Const UseSolenoids = True

Const UseLamps = True

Const UseSync = False

‘ Standard Sounds

Const SSolenoidOn = “Solenoid”

Const SSolenoidOff = “”

Const SFlipperOn = “FlipperUp”

Const SFlipperOff = “FlipperDown”

Const SCoin = “Coin”

fourbanks
                  Participant
                    @fourbanks

the table test and calibration works so we must be near the answer?

fourbanks
                    Participant
                      @fourbanks

maybe the cyclone file is not for this platform?

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/cyclone-williams-1988/

fourbanks
                      Participant
                        @fourbanks

or it needs a script from another source?

fourbanks
                        Participant
                          @fourbanks

the bam software is very good so no problems whatsoever on that platform

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

All needed machine scripts and a few others like core.vbs is automatically placed inside scripts folder when you installed. You open VPX tables with VpinballX.exe – VPT tables with VPinball995.exe or what it is called ( except for files that also has VPT ext, but, is named PM5 something ). I’m still waiting for you to tell me how the tutorial install is going. Until you reply to me on it – you are ignored.

fourbanks
                            Participant
                              @fourbanks

it’s working now and done nothing other than reading. :good: thanks very much for your help. as for the game itself, it’s very good albeit the ball is very bright with what looks like its lit up. hopefully will be able to find a way to get rid of the excess light?

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Glad that it is working for you.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

Do a search here in the table download for a table older than say 1976 and try that out.  They don’t use roms. Also take the cyclone table out of the table folder and place it on your desktop and then try and run it.  Let’s see what happens

fourbanks
                                  Participant
                                    @fourbanks

Do a search here in the table download for a table older than say 1976 and try that out. They don’t use roms. Also take the cyclone table out of the table folder and place it on your desktop and then try and run it. Let’s see what happens

Thanks tom

i think ill leave it now it’s working fine and concentrate on enjoying playing. also trying to get rid of the excess light from the ball if possible?

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

I also have that issue.  A quick fix until one of the more knowledgeable minds chimes in is to go into the table editor and find Ball Image – and set Reflection of Playfield and Default Bulb intensity to 0.  I also bumped down the night/day scale a couple notches.  The ball looks like crap but the halo is gone.  I imported a different ball that looks much better…so that option is there to play with as well.  But I have a feeling there is a different adjustment buried somewhere that is beyond me.  If you like Cyclone be sure to check out the kindred tables available on this site – Bord or Sliderpoint’s Comet   get both!  and Herweh’s Hurricane.  Love these tables!

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

My responses are delayed for some reason.  I am glad that you stuck it out, it will be worth it in the end.  The ball glowing is something new recently.  I have noticed that more since 10.6. Click on options, ball, and set reflection of playfield lower to like 2

damnit JR beat me to it, I am on vacation and my Internet sucks

fourbanks
                                        Participant
                                          @fourbanks

I also have that issue. A quick fix until one of the more knowledgeable minds chimes in is to go into the table editor and find Ball Image – and set Reflection of Playfield and Default Bulb intensity to 0. I also bumped down the night/day scale a couple notches. The ball looks like crap but the halo is gone. I imported a different ball that looks much better…so that option is there to play with as well. But I have a feeling there is a different adjustment buried somewhere that is beyond me. If you like Cyclone be sure to check out the kindred tables available on this site – Bord or Sliderpoint’s Comet get both! and Herweh’s Hurricane. Love these tables!

thanks

let’s hope someone can see if that excessive light on the ball can be reduced.

fourbanks
                                          Participant
                                            @fourbanks

My responses are delayed for some reason. I am glad that you stuck it out, it will be worth it in the end. The ball glowing is something new recently. I have noticed that more since 10.6. Click on options, ball, and set reflection of playfield lower to like 2

damnit JR beat me to it, I am on vacation and my Internet sucks

thanks, tom.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?