Cyclone (pinball) Williams Electronics

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    fourbanks
    Participant
      @fourbanks

My responses are delayed for some reason. I am glad that you stuck it out, it will be worth it in the end. The ball glowing is something new recently. I have noticed that more since 10.6. Click on options, ball, and set reflection of playfield lower to like 2

damnit JR beat me to it, I am on vacation and my Internet sucks

thanks, tom.

the ball is now not so bright but it still has a slight shimmer? jr said something about getting another ball from somewhere? if a novice can do that then sure I will give that a try

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

The ball image can be either a “image” or default ( generated ). You can get ball from other tables or internet or whatever. Since you are a noob. Get another image from another table. You obviously already found the dialog box inside the editor. So, get another table. Then open it – go the dialog box of the table if you like what it gives you and look at what is is named ( or if it is generated ( default )). Then go to image manager and export the picture. For the table you want to change. Import. Save and exit, then open it up again ( best way not to be confused ) then use the dialogbox ( dropdown ) to pick the new imported image.

Doesn’t look what the other table had ? Welcome to VP, there is a huge amount of parameters that decides who it will look in the end. One of them is the table env. That can sometime change everything. But, sometime, it is something to play with as well.

What I’ve learned is that we see things differently in our community. Some like lights that are way to bright from the real thing. Others, seems to love tables where you hardly see the ball. Of course, I have my preferences, but they do NOT fit everyone. Your preferences will most probably not fit everyone either. What I’ve learned though is that those guys that have worked with VP for many years OR have some graphical education or long time experience in the area most of the time are able to do things I’m far from being able to create ( or modify ).

Fun topic name – has some info that us still useful :)

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35115

BrandonLaw
        Participant
          @brandonlaw

Hey bud, I know you came over to VPX just for this table, and after I installed it, I edited the bumper sounds, the ball, and a couple other small nuisances.  Here is a link to the table with the edits to get you started.  I run 4k so you will have to resize to your playfield.  Hopefully this will help you get a better ball for export and notice some of the changes that can be made to suit your needs!  Enjoy.

PS: Thanks @Sliderpoint for the very nice table!  This table straight up converted someone from FP to VPX :)

I will delete this link tomorrow.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

1 user thanked author for this post.
          fourbanks
          Participant
            @fourbanks

The ball image can be either a “image” or default ( generated ). You can get ball from other tables or internet or whatever. Since you are a noob. Get another image from another table. You obviously already found the dialog box inside the editor. So, get another table. Then open it – go the dialog box of the table if you like what it gives you and look at what is is named ( or if it is generated ( default )). Then go to image manager and export the picture. For the table you want to change. Import. Save and exit, then open it up again ( best way not to be confused ) then use the dialogbox ( dropdown ) to pick the new imported image.

Doesn’t look what the other table had ? Welcome to VP, there is a huge amount of parameters that decides who it will look in the end. One of them is the table env. That can sometime change everything. But, sometime, it is something to play with as well.

What I’ve learned is that we see things differently in our community. Some like lights that are way to bright from the real thing. Others, seems to love tables where you hardly see the ball. Of course, I have my preferences, but they do NOT fit everyone. Your preferences will most probably not fit everyone either. What I’ve learned though is that those guys that have worked with VP for many years OR have some graphical education or long time experience in the area most of the time are able to do things I’m far from being able to create ( or modify ).

Fun topic name – has some info that us still useful :)

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35115

many thanks very enlightening :)

Thalamus
              @thalamus

In cases like this. I kind of let is slide, but, I would prefer that at least the main author was mentioned for any kind of mod that is put out – for a limited time or not. Tweaking tables is something we all “experienced” people should know how to do now. But, if you can’t make a table yourself from the bottom up, then please just add the original author to the post. Even if it is a short timed link like this. NOT angry or anything. Just want to make point on how we really should try to respect the original authors. I fully understand the intention of the post and it is fine, right now.

Saw you came back and it is appreciated.

fourbanks
              Participant
                @fourbanks

Hey bud, I know you came over to VPX just for this table, and after I installed it, I edited the bumper sounds, the ball, and a couple other small nuisances. Here is a link to the table with the edits to get you started. I run 4k so you will have to resize to your playfield. Hopefully this will help you get a better ball for export and notice some of the changes that can be made to suit your needs! Enjoy.

Link to table.

I will delete this link tomorrow.

thanks, Brandon it’s much better and very accurate to this table of which was very common in the UK in the nineties. I’ve always liked the Williams tables not sure as to why. bally tables also are very good. as for the other tables manufactures I don’t ever remember seeing in the UK but am sure they’re just as good.

BrandonLaw
                Participant
                  @brandonlaw

Glad you’re enjoying it.  Now go get some more tables!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

fourbanks
                  Participant
                    @fourbanks

Glad you’re enjoying it. Now go get some more tables!
                    :good: :yes:

fourbanks
                    Participant
                      @fourbanks

This is an article from 2017 – so, the VPX beta is a bit newer, but the rest still applies. I recommend that you try to follow the tutorial and once you get it to work you should be ready to repeat it for Cyclone https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=160

This is the newest “all-in-one” installer, and you pick VPX6setup.zip after you’ve pressed that Download button. ( in case you haven’t already ).

Hi guys

i have down loaded a table Addams Family PacDude VP 9 on the vp9 platform and am getting a message i am running a outdated build and need build vp8 or beta 7.5 or newer ?

is the vpx6 above only for vpx tables only ? and will i need to download another installer for vp9 tables

thank you

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

First of all. Don’t go for VP9 or PM5 and absolutely not VP8 or older if you have a VPX alternative. The rules on those games might be correct, but, they don’t play very well compared. You use VP995 for VP9 tables ( extention is vpt ). You use the PM5 executable for tables that has vpt extetion too. But, the name of the table is kind of the only way to know that you need to used the PM5 exe for them. Then there is of course vpx ext for VPinball10 or VPX as we like to shorten it to. Believe the installer gives you VP8 too. And well, to be honest, for reasons explained. I haven’t touched any in years, so I don’t know.

fourbanks
                        Participant
                          @fourbanks

First of all. Don’t go for VP9 or PM5 and absolutely not VP8 or older if you have a VPX alternative. The rules on those games might be correct, but, they don’t play very well compared. You use VP995 for VP9 tables ( extention is vpt ). You use the PM5 executable for tables that has vpt extetion too. But, the name of the table is kind of the only way to know that you need to used the PM5 exe for them. Then there is of course vpx ext for VPinball10 or VPX as we like to shorten it to. Believe the installer gives you VP8 too. And well, to be honest, for reasons explained. I haven’t touched any in years, so I don’t know.

Thank you for your explanation

fourbanks
                          Participant
                            @fourbanks

one further thing if someone could clarify. when I installed vp6 I chose the 32-bit file instead of the 64 bit my computer runs on. does that matter and is there any advantage to using the 64-bit file?

thanks

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Oh. and btw. @brandonlaw : I downloaed your shared mod and I’ve kept it. You seems to have nailed the change from the old lighting to the new very well. Beautiful, and thank you.

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

whoa….I almost missed that!  Very nice @brandonlaw !!   oh, and I’ve been using that ball you shared all over the place.  Thanks!!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?