Cyclone (Williams 1988)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    chokeee
    Participant
      @chokeee

As many users above I have performance problem too. This is the first table on which I have to disable playfield reflection (even with it sometimes I can see some stutters). I have i5 and gtx970.

I played it about 3 hours yesterday and I love it, Thanks.

Dodger
      Participant
        @dodger1980

Since I have a crappy graphic card in my cab, I need to downscale the quality options. So no good feedback from me on this side.

But man, the table rocks… I didn´t expected it to show up here on this day :D In my opinion the table with the cutest music in the background :)

Nemo
        Participant
          @nemo

Dang ! This one’s a masterpiece, top notch graphics & physics, it plays so nice, i can place the ball mostly where i want it.

This is a players pin !

It comes alive with PMD and 4K, no stutter here, plays smoothly, did some 10 games on the first run.

Had to stop and just gaze at that playfield, such detail, there’s so much going on, you just have to love Python Anghelo’s artwork on this table. It’s in my opinion very iconic for Williams pin’s of that era.

Thanks ALL for your hard work, it’s a gem  :heart:

Sliderpoint
          Participant
            @sliderpoint
            MemberContributor

Here is one with some reduced image sizes (not a lot) and I tried to remove all the reflections that weren’t really in view.  Seems that for best results, it’s still best to just turn them all off.

Just curious if this helps at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b14s97u3h3laen/Cyclone%20%28Williams%201988%29%20v1.2%20WIP.zip?dl=0

-Mike

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

It comes alive with PMD  

I had to go through the script and reduce a lot of volume levels for my PMD.  (Which is better than trying to increase volumes that are just not there) So it begs the question Sliderpoint, how did you get such solid sounds? Are these straight samples or did you boost them in some fashion?

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

The playfield shadows on this one are really striking.

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

It comes alive with PMD

I had to go through the script and reduce a lot of volume levels for my PMD. (Which is better than trying to increase volumes that are just not there) So it begs the question Sliderpoint, how did you get such solid sounds? Are these straight samples or did you boost them in some fashion?

I don’t know what PMD is.  Most of the sounds are just the ones that were in the VP9 table.  I just added the surround options based on what was in the instructions I found.

-Mike

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

It comes alive with PMD

I had to go through the script and reduce a lot of volume levels for my PMD. (Which is better than trying to increase volumes that are just not there) So it begs the question Sliderpoint, how did you get such solid sounds? Are these straight samples or did you boost them in some fashion?

I don’t know what PMD is. Most of the sounds are just the ones that were in the VP9 table. I just added the surround options based on what was in the instructions I found. -Mike

‘Poor Man’s DOF’, it’s the nic for using exciters instead of speakers on the surround sound for a combination of tactile feedback and sound.

re levels, I was hoping that you had a magic recipe for boosting sound while maintaining quality, as there are a few tables where the sound files are quite weak. Never mind though. Thanks for the awesome table. :good:

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

Maybe pm me a table the sounds aren’t as good and I’ll see if I can figure out the difference.

-Mike

Krille 81
                      Participant
                        @krille81

Thank you for this masterpiece :) i tried it yesterday. I also have stutter problem,s all other tables are almost stutterfree. i will try without playfield reflection tonight. Good work anyway  :good:

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

Absolutely amazing table … thanks for this beauty :good:   :yahoo:

Stutterfree with deactivated “playfield reflections” … if someone wants to try my “much more perspective cabinet POV settings” for this table, feel free to try out.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Attachments:
                          HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

Mark70
                            Participant
                              @mark70

Long story short: awesome!
                              Thanks

johnco
                              Participant
                                @johnco

Great stuff, thanks.

Buggy report:   only twice now but when I hit the comet ramp nice and hard off the right flipper the ball disappears.  Only happened twice so I didn’t get to see where it goes poof gone.

The plastic ramp sounds trigger when the ball rolls on the playfield under the ramp, in the wiggly parts.   Like the trigger for the sound extends below the plastic ramp.

Clark Kent
                                Participant
                                  @clarkkent
                                  MemberContributor

Thanx for your work! I used to own this machine, all samples you are using are from my own one. :)

I found several problems. Most disturbing is that ball mass is not active because you have to use CreateSizedBallWithMass BSize, BMass in the script for the Outhole.

Flippers and inlanes are not in the same height on both sides, the triggers for the sounds on the ramps are not in the correct positions, and several other small things. I’ll correct this and send it to you in a private message.

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

Thanx for your work! I used to own this machine, all samples you are using are from my own one. :) I found several problems. Most disturbing is that ball mass is not active because you have to use CreateSizedBallWithMass BSize, BMass in the script for the Outhole. Flippers and inlanes are not in the same height on both sides, the triggers for the sounds on the ramps are not in the correct positions, and several other small things. I’ll correct this and send it to you in a private message.

Cool man! @RustyCardores maybe that is why the sounds work good.   Not sure what you mean about the ‘same height’, flippers and lanes were aligned first using the schematic from the manual and then adjusted using a 3d model of an actual lane guide tool.  I don’t think they are off at all, but curious to see what you adjust with them.

As for the triggers on the ramps, good luck with those.  I think there might be some bug in VP that is causing some issues.  I found 3 that aren’t working correctly and I can’t figure out why. Awesome if you can get them working correctly!

The ballmass constant seems to be working (but that could just be all in my mind and not really working on the table).
                                    edit: I see what you mean with the ball mass.  adding that create sized ball I can see that 1.35 is too much.  Let me know what you think is a good mass for this table (maybe 1.2 or 1.25?)

-Mike

Ben Logan2
                                    Participant
                                      @benlogan2

Mike,

Man — I’m really enjoying this one. It’s a visual stunner. The ramps and playfield shadows from flupper add so much. I love how your insert lighting really pops — the contrast between a lit insert and an unlit one is really striking and clear. Really rewards the player for hitting a target, ramp, etc. As others have mentioned, the illusion of ball traveling under playfield into Dracula’s place (“Won’t you come in!?”) is just super. The ferries wheel model and animation are spot on.

Sounds: So great! I turned down the ferris wheel motor sound just a bit, but I love that it’s included — adds to the realism quite a bit. Thanks to Clark for recording sounds from his table (if those are what you used). They’re unique! For instance, the sound of the ball ejecting up to top inlanes after skill shot is so satisfying. I dig the plastic ramp sounds too.

I’m going to sound totally spoiled, but really hope we get the whole Williams carnival trio in VPX someday. This one is so good that I’m excited about Comet and Hurricane!

Much respect and appreciation for this amazing gift, Mike. Great timing too. I just missed being able to buy the real thing from House of Pinball in Santa Rosa. You saved the day with this release!

Axilla
                                      Participant
                                        @subdisturb

Question on the POV settings:  how do I “import” the XML file that was included from HF?  I vaguely remember somewhere inside VPX where I could manually change those settings, but I looked all over and couldn’t find the settings.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

I the file menu – go to import. If my memory serves me well, believe the only thing available to import is just what you are looking for.

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

OK, v1.3 has been uploaded.

fixed sounds that weren’t working correctly
                                            new physics
                                            added more sounds

thx to the anonymous helpers in this update (@rustycardores and CK)

-Mike

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?