Daily video WIP for Seawitch build [COMPLETE]

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

O’boy. Can’t believe I made it through that. :good:   ;-)

mistermixer
      Participant
        @mistermixer

I also really appreciate your efforts ,sharing your knowledge with us noobs.

Think personally it will also scare off some of us because the moddeling is very hard,timeconsuming to learn.

Maybe it would have been better if you had started with importing a vpx table  and show your magic on it.

( lights,materials, smooth objects, rendering …)  All these essencial steps are allready hard to learn.

Then afterwards a follow up with this seawitch build , getting into editting, modelling detail.

Keep up the good job Bord !

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Maybe it would have been better if you had started with importing a vpx table and show your magic on it.

I’ve done a few of these over the years but nothing definitive. I had done a narrated video with Sorcerer from VP to Blender but it only captured 2k of my 4k monitor so you’re missing 3/4 of the action. :cry: I also had my audio sample rate wrong so it sounds like I’m using a voice modulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQk5GRhTMDM (seriously don’t watch this unless you’re a sadist)

This was a quick texture and light job from VP to Blender (not narrated):

This was a 25 minute project to shape all GI lighting without touching VP (also not narrated).

And then there are the mesh playfield holes tutorials.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          bord
            @bord

Another day another bit of progress.

pt17 apron texturing

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

wtf image magic in blender hackery are you doing?!  pretty cool, no idea it could do that.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Thanks for yet another video to show us just how your tables look so good. Stupid good.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

bord
                  @bord

wtf image magic in blender hackery are you doing?! pretty cool, no idea it could do that.

Right? Alpha masks in nodes are so flexible. One alpha mask, unlimited color versions. I have them for drops, bumper caps, aprons, rule cards. Totally changed my workflow.

He Who Laughs Lasts
                  Participant
                    @binoictoothpick

bord,

Thanks for doing this. I just noticed it isn’t a tutorial, but I’m trying to use it as such. It’s like learning a foreign language.

bord
                      @bord

Yeah, definitely not a tutorial. If there are specific elements you’re interested in let me know and I can do them in more detail in the future. Glad you’re following along.

bord
                        @bord

pt18 plunger cover

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

nice work, you make that look very easy.  That piece is one that I like making in Fusion 360 as it has a whole sheet metal modeling setup and you can fold and unfold the part and work on it that way. your’s probably ends up a cleaner and simpler model than what I get after the fusion 360 export process however.

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Well, I have some free time, a couple of Urguell’s.  It’s Binge-bording time!!  …’image magic blender hackery’!  That was funny.  because it’s true.  Thanks again bord.  Impressive, master level stuff.

20200509_225725

bord
                              @bord

pt 19 – lower pf detailing

Just wrapping up details on the lower playfield. We’ll finish all the playfield-level detailing this week before moving on to rubbers and plastics.

bord
                                @bord

Well, took a week off. Here we go again:

pt20 – drop target modeling

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

My new phone notification sound ;-) :whistle: B-)

Attachments:
                                  bord
                                    @bord

LOL @thalamus

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

Yep still here!

I’m amazed at the detail that you put into these.  From the very little knowledge I have of F360 and far less of Blender it looks to me that programs like F360 are really good at making accurate models for machining while programs like Blender are better at artwork.  This is a gross oversimplification because you can sculpt in F360 and you just demonstrated that you can build accurate models in Blender.

My question is, would it be better to leverage the powers of each program to get the job done?  For example build the model in F360 and render the lighting and color effects in Blender?

bord
                                        @bord

Yep still here!

I’m amazed at the detail that you put into these. From the very little knowledge I have of F360 and far less of Blender it looks to me that programs like F360 are really good at making accurate models for machining while programs like Blender are better at artwork. This is a gross oversimplification because you can sculpt in F360 and you just demonstrated that you can build accurate models in Blender.

My question is, would it be better to leverage the powers of each program to get the job done? For example build the model in F360 and render the lighting and color effects in Blender?

Good question. It certainly might be. Blender may also have better tools than I am using for sizing. I could definitely do a better job by snapping to a 16 point per inch grid system in Blender. The only issue I can see is that the F360 topology might not be ideal for rendering with subdivision modifiers or a game engine. For example, there are some really great super-technically accurate pinball models available at the Pinball Makers site but they aren’t modeled with efficiency or good topology in mind. With a few exceptions if I want to use one of those models I have to break it down to its basics and rebuild it with a fraction of the geometry. Maybe F360 makes models more tidy than that, I lack the experience to know.

Scottacus
                                        Participant
                                          @scottacus
                                          MembervipContributor

Great point!  I don’t know enough about F360 to say, only that it would have taken a lot less time to make the part that you modeled but it might end up useless in VP because it has too many subsections.

Mlager8
                                          Participant
                                            @mlager8

This has been a great little series to watch, but to be honest for me at least, I’m most interested in seeing your workflow on porting everything over from blender into VPX. For me there’s a lot of question marks there, for example how to set the lighting so VPX does not interfere with your pre-baked lighting and textures.

Anyway following adamantly. Thanks for taking the time to screen cap and post all this, I know it can be slow and tedious.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 171 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?