• This topic has 170 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by bord.
Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

This has been a great little series to watch, but to be honest for me at least, I’m most interested in seeing your workflow on porting everything over from blender into VPX. For me there’s a lot of question marks there, for example how to set the lighting so VPX does not interfere with your pre-baked lighting and textures.

Anyway following adamantly. Thanks for taking the time to screen cap and post all this, I know it can be slow and tedious.

Going from Blender to VP is the worst part, I think. I’d rather be modeling.

Glad you’re following along. Please as you see me make terrible modeling decisions chime in with better approaches. I’m truly just a hack at this.

bord
    @bord

pt21 – target texturing

Trying to keep things moving along here…

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by bord. Reason: typo
    Lobotomy
    Participant
    @lobotomy

@bord Can’t wait for plastics and lighting!
    Great series!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bord
    @bord

@bord Can’t wait for plastics and lighting!

Great series!

Thanks! Looks like we’ll be there by next week!

bord
    @bord

pt22 – bumpers

bord
    @bord

pt23 – rubbers!

I show technique at the beginning but then cheat and use some that I already figured out the measurements for. Sorry, trying to keep things moving along.

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

Great video, thanks for posting!  Looking forward to seeing how the walls are made to match up with these and act as the physical playfield element that the ball interacts with.  BTW nice facial hair B-)

bord
    @bord

pt24 metal brackets and rivets

Getting to the painful level of detail. Only a small bit of these will be seen during gameplay. Tomorrow we’ll model a full spinner assembly, which will also be tedious. Then on to more fun things like plastics.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

“Good thing to know how to do” ….. You show-off ;-) :heart:

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

Will you be doing a video on how to make the scoring and physics “walls” from the rubbers?

bord
    @bord

Will you be doing a video on how to make the scoring and physics “walls” from the rubbers?

Yes, pretty much immediately after modeling is done. I’ll bring all the physical stuff over to VP so we can confirm everything works before committing to the visuals. I expect that will be next week.

bord
    @bord

This was the most painful one so far. Took four takes before I could get through it without falling all over myself. The result, especially in the renders, is very nice, though. I’m not sorry I did it.

pt25 Stern spinner assembly

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

I’m amazed at these, well done Bord and even though right now I’m not the target audience, I think this is fantastic.

bord
    @bord

I’m amazed at these, well done Bord and even though right now I’m not the target audience, I think this is fantastic.

Glad you’re getting a kick out of them. Not sure there is a target audience per se.

It is keeping me honest on finishing the project, though.

Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

I’ve never done any 3d-modeling, always been a 2d guy only. I wish I had your skill set bord, I’d love to be able to do what you do.

Anyways, fascinating videos. You have kind of ASRM thing going with your calm commentary. :)

bord
    @bord

Anyways, fascinating videos. You have kind of ASRM thing going with your calm commentary. :)

Haha. It’s true. I’m working in my basement and must be mildly allergic to something. If I record early in the morning my voice is louder but the longer I’m downstairs the more hoarse I get. By dinnertime my voice is pure texture.

bord
    @bord

pt25 plastics (1 of 2)

This got long so I cut it up. Art today, acrylic tomorrow.

Next week we’ll wrap up modeling and lighting and start poking around at moving the physics to VP.

bord
    @bord

pt26 plastics (2 of 2)

Have a good weekend, all. Last details Monday. Lighting Tuesday. Almost to the finish line.

Mr_H
    Participant
    @jhopwood

Wow man, love these last two. Some great parts in there that will help me with my current build. Thank you.

Are the two spheres with the forest hdri and white your environment lighting?

Looking forward to the rendering and setting that up in vpx when it comes to switching between GI on and off maps. I hope you go through that because that should fill the void in my head getting that insight and knowledge.

Thanks Bord.

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Looks like I have another bord-binging evening ahead….have some catching up to do.  Thanks again for spending time sharing all this.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW