Data East Apron 3D Template by Dark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/data-east-apron-3d-template-by-dark/

I made this Data East Apron for Batman (DE) and Jurassic Park (DE) and since many DE tables use the same apron I thought I’d make it

available as a download.  The Data East embossed chrome logo is actually modelled and is a separate object so it can be removed if you

want.  The Data East logo is also in the texture map so you don’t technically need the embossed text.  You can edit the apron texture

map to insert your own graphics.  The instruction cards are separate objects making it really easy to apply new maps for other cards.

The plunger cover is a separate object in the event you want to use a different one in combination with the apron.

The apron object is around 8k triangulated faces,  with all it’s objects it’s around 10k, so I recommend rendering the apron static.

Also be aware that the apron textures included are 4096×2048 HD, which is really oversized for what you should use on a VP table for this.

I did this to make it easier for you to work with the files and preserve quality.  The textures are to the power of 2 and can be downsized

accordingly,  ex. 2048×1024 is probably good,  I wouldn’t recommend going any lower than 1024×512.

3dcreation

4 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Great apron dark thanks for uploading!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

Thanks for hosting it randr.

Knorr made the Stern apron, now I’ve provided the Bally/Williams and Data East ones, I’ll make the gottlieb one available from Tee’d off at some point too and that should have the basics covered.

I’m not 100% but I think the texture for DE one could be modified to work for the Sega apron’s as well.

3dcreation

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

Thanks for hosting it randr. Knorr made the Stern apron, now I’ve provided the Bally/Williams and Data East ones, I’ll make the gottlieb one available from Tee’d off at some point too and that should have the basics covered. I’m not 100% but I think the texture for DE one could be modified to work for the Sega apron’s as well.

Nice work Dark, great as always.

any chance I could beg a Gottlieb late em/system 1 apron out of you? I can get all the photos/measurements you could want.  I know no more requests   :cry:

Pinbolt
            Participant
              @pinbolt

perfect.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Dark
                @dark
                vipMemberContributor

Thanks for hosting it randr. Knorr made the Stern apron, now I’ve provided the Bally/Williams and Data East ones, I’ll make the gottlieb one available from Tee’d off at some point too and that should have the basics covered. I’m not 100% but I think the texture for DE one could be modified to work for the Sega apron’s as well.

Nice work Dark, great as always. any chance I could beg a Gottlieb late em/system 1 apron out of you? I can get all the photos/measurements you could want. I know no more requests :cry:

@borgdog
                 because this could potentially be so widely applicable I’d like to do it but I really can’t promise anything.  Maybe send me resources and see what happens.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
                BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

@borgdog because this could potentially be so widely applicable I’d like to do it but I really can’t promise anything. Maybe send me resources and see what happens.

message sent

ninuzzu
                  Participant
                    @ninuzzu
                    vipMember

Beautiful! Tommy needs it, thank you @dark :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?