Deadly Weapon by Gottlieb (1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    jaw9170
    Participant
      @jaw9170

outhere – THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!   The nvram file did the trick.

:good:   :yahoo:

Genesis38
      Participant
        @genesis38

jaw9170, one thing I learned in being in this hobby for 6 months now, is that you cannot go to sleep until you resolve your vp issues, otherwise you’ll be up in the middle of the night turning the cab on and trying to fix it, trust me I’ve done it lol ?

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Can’t take all the credit @32assassin remind me of this yesterday for a different game, Otherwise I may have not thought Of it but somebody would have..

Psmiraglia
          Participant
            @psmiraglia

Great table. I did have a crash I was not able to reproduce: while a ball was locked on the top hole, I plunged another ones that collided with it. Table froze, and there was a line on the script highlighted (something about an fix sound not found?). I did not have the hindsight of taking a screenshot. I was able to play at least 3 games afterwards without issues, including the same ball2ball collision described above.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            GlueSniffinEd
            Participant
              @gluesniffined

Fun table, really great lighting…..and everything else.

At first I thought I was losing my mind, but nope, that is the sound of the pinball hitting the glass; really nice touch!

Thank you for this one.

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

I was at a small family gathering today.  Enjoying some fresh air on the shores of lovely Lake Erie.  Smoking some ribs, having a few cold ones, engaging in fun conversation.

And then around mid afternoon….I checked my phone.  I won’t say I hastened my way home…but looked forward to it.

And now, I can confirm that this is working on my end.  Was even able to crank the settings up on my meager set-up to max.  Only a 1/2 hour in. These flippers are amazing.  You guys with 4k, must be having a hard time looking at the rest of the game.   Did another 20 minutes.  Had a crash with a Line 1381 null error.  But I’m not an error reporter.  I have no idea what any of this means.

Who cares!.. rebooting and playing more!!   This has a very fun table layout that I have never seen.  Thanks so much for bringing this to life.    Off to re-size to cab ( didn’t even do that yet) and….maybe re-purpose Wildman’s fantasy Lady Death back glass for this.

Thanks again for an amazing work of art.

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Think I just saw ball reflections hitting playfield glass during a ball smack.  Did that really happen or is it just getting late here?  Or maybe that’s been around and I missed it.  And these saucers.  This is some impressive work.

Schreibi34
                  Participant
                    @schreibi34

Yes, we have physics based airball and glas hits (depending on speed and type of object)

Herweh
                    Participant
                      @herweh
                      vipMemberContributor

Think I just saw ball reflections hitting playfield glass during a ball smack.  Did that really happen or is it just getting late here?  Or maybe that’s been around and I missed it.  And these saucers.  This is some impressive work.

Yesssssss, the first guy who is impressed by the saucers. I love you, man ;-). I was inspired by Dr. Dudes saucers from wrd1972. Now I‘m really happy with their behaviour as I still hate that ball sucking of the standard kickers.

3rdaxis
                      Participant
                        @3rdaxis
                        MemberContributor

Hey brother, not sure if I’m the first to stumble on this but it looks like you’re getting an error during the 3-ball multiball. I was able to replicate it several times. Great job on the table btw, this game is fun as hell. DWError

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

I never had this happen, but i’m sure Herweh will take care of this! I’ll try to reproduce this tonight.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Haven’t looked at this in details yet. Have a feeling that for some reason the Activeball is undefined or something. Seen it happen a few times on common used AudioFade too. One would expect that ‘tmp = tableobj.y * 2 / table1.height-1’ always gives a value, but, again – I’ve seen it fail. I wonder if it is legal in this case just to put a ‘On Error Resume Next’ above that line. If it is, all you are going to miss is a few missing glass hit sounds.

Herweh
                            Participant
                              @herweh
                              vipMemberContributor

Hey brother, not sure if I’m the first to stumble on this but it looks like you’re getting an error during the 3-ball multiball. I was able to replicate it several times. Great job on the table btw, this game is fun as hell. DWError

A quick fix for this issue is to change the line

PlaySoundAt „fx_glasshit6“, ActiveBall

to

PlaySoundAt „fx_glasshit6“, BOT(b)

or just wait a few hours as I‘m sure Schreibi will upload a fixed version in a few hours.

vogliadicane
                              Participant
                                @vogliadicane

Guys, that looks daaaaaaammmmmn good :good: Really looking forward to playing this tonight.

naeromagus
                                Participant
                                  @naeromagus

Unbelievable. I’ve been watching the WIP page for awhile now. and the day is finally here. And let me tell you it does not disappoint. The lighting, to the high quality scans of the images on the screen (pop bumpers) are just incredible! The physics, to the sound of the steel pinball hitting against the glass are just AMAZING!! The lighting effects alone in this are one of VPX’s finest examples! Thank you for sharing this with us all.  “this piece of digital pinball art”. Thanks for pouring you blood sweat and tears into this one  :good:

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

Great Version Guys :good:

I was really excited with the Light Changes duing a Game … wow.

Of Course, there is a Top Team at this Table, Aplause to the Guys in your Credit Notes,
                                    and 32assassin & BodyDump for the Basic Works … :rose:

Bladeof
                                    Participant
                                      @bladeof

Thank You to everyone involved in making this table, your time and work is appreciated.

Johngreve
                                      Participant
                                        @johngreve

I said it in the WIP thread and it deserves repeating. This is a very beautifully rendered project. There is an extreme amount of care that went into the physics, sound, modeling, and rendered lighting and it all shows.

I don’t have much experience with DW as a game but the excellence of this project made me want to spend the time to figure it out.

Thanks! Great job, @Schreibi34 and @Herweh.

I agree wholeheartedly….I had no experience with this table in VP9,but just loaded it up and gave it a spin. It is really a beautiful table….looks just awesome and plays like a dream. Thanks to all involved! What a beauty! Thanks for sharing!! I’m going to give it plenty of play.

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

v1.0.1 is up!

– Fixed the Glashit causing a crash
                                          – Fixed the “bleeding” on the flipper textures
                                          – Changed the intensity of the DT background image

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Never even heard of this Gottlieb table before. Gonna try to DL it tonight. Looks fantastic.

Thanks Schreibi and team.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?